I'm Beginning the diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I'm Beginning the diet

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Uncharted
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Hi everyone,

I am just starting on my mission to get my candida under control and any tips will be greatly appreciated. I am following the 3 stage diet that is outlined on this website.

I have also bought the five step book that is advertised on the website and it brought up a couple of questions.

1) Should I add in a week, after my clense, to kill my parasites or does the cleanse eliminate them for me?

2) Why does the book tell me to stay away from eggs while the website says they are ok?

Thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Uncharted

Thanks for the links. There is a lot of good information there for me to use.

I am three days into the cleansing already so I will probrably stick with the cleanse on the website for the remainding four days and then I will jump into the diet and take the appropriate viatamins, antifungals, and probiotics when its time.

Wish me well, better yet, wish me will!

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

uncharted,
    A bit of advice. I started the diet by following the web site only to find the forum days later and have to start all over. The web site and possibly the book have errors on them that can lead to more set backs than healing. I would suggest you take time and read this forum. Listen to Raster and Able they have wisdome beyond books…they are living this process and winning :).

The diet on the forum is stricter. I don’t want to talk as if I know anything because the folks here know I keep making mistakes…and learning from them I might add.

Read here, educate yourself and make adjustments as you go:) Best of luck to you. And know the support team here is by far the best group across this world to help one anothr on this very lonly battle.

Jackie

themarn
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 6

I am new to this process too so it’s nice to start getting into the forums to find support! I also just started the cleanse and am on day 3. I am STARVING!! Any tips to help getting through this stage would be helpful. I am doing the veggie cleanse and also am drinking broth (used the recipe from the site). I physically feel so much lighter already and the inflammation in my joints has eases off considerably for the first time in years. That’s o e of my big motivators at the moment that’s stopping me from going through drive-through to see how many burgers I could stuff into my face lol.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I am new to this process too so it’s nice to start getting into the forums to find support! I also just started the cleanse and am on day 3. I am STARVING!! Any tips to help getting through this stage would be helpful.

Reply: How long are you going to do the cleanse? If you feel it’s necessary, you can add boiled organic eggs to the detox diet if you need to, this can definitely help with the hunger. The hunger is going to remain for a while because you’re literally starving the Candida by doing the detox, and they’re making you aware of this. You might find the following post helpful during this period.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst944_About-that-Hunger.aspx

I am doing the veggie cleanse and also am drinking broth (used the recipe from the site). I physically feel so much lighter already and the inflammation in my joints has eases off considerably for the first time in years.

Reply: The fact that you’re feeling so much better after just a few days is a testament to the fact that you’re on the right path, regardless of the hunger you’re experiencing. After the cleanse part of your treatment is over, the one thing that will help the hunger is to simply eat more of the foods that are on the diet. This will also help to prevent weight loss which always occurs with the diet.

Let us know if you have other concerns. There’s always someone here who is willing to help you.

Able

raster
    Participant

One thing worth mentioning in regards to parasites in the gut; probiotics are a very effective way to kill these off, so you shouldn’t really need anything extra to get the same result.

-raster

Uncharted

raster wrote: One thing worth mentioning in regards to parasites in the gut; probiotics are a very effective way to kill these off, so you shouldn’t really need anything extra to get the same result.

-raster

Thank you

That was one of my concerns. I did not want to go through all of this trouble only to find out that I left out a crucial step.

It is day four of the cleanse and I am feeling very weak. I am doing the 7 day cleanse from the website (Option 2). It’s a good thing I took a week of vacation to do this first step because it is getting hard to do anything at all.

themarn
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 6

Thanks Able! I love all the info here in the forums, (I think I would’ve given up) and all the knowledge you take the time to share. It is extremely helpful. Thanks for the tip about the eggs, I had 2 today and it helped take the edge off the crazy hunger. It’s very good to keep in perspective what’s driving the hunger!

Uncharted

How much time do you guys put into cooking each week or each day?

Any tips on making the cooking easier as I have never cooked a day in my life.

Can I buy things like the coconut bread anywhere?

What are some other tips for people who are new to cooking?

Uncharted

I hate to say I did not make it.

I am upset because I want to stick to it and see if my adhd goes away but I can’t. I don’t even know why I can’t. It is just too much for my will power I guess.

Can someone answer this please.

Since I have been eating fast food literally every meal for the past 10 yrs., would I get results if I just ate sensibly for a while? Would some of the candida go if I stick with good food but not as strict as what is required for the candida diet? For example if I allowed fruits and wheat bread into my diet?

Have you guys ever heard of the abs diet?

I am thinking I could stick to it better because the meals are easier to prepare and more food is allowed but it is way healthier than what I have been eating so do you think I will clear any candida if I do the abs diet?

Thanks in advance.

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, there’s no sense in our being anything but completely honest with you.

Would some of the candida go if I stick with good food but not as strict as what is required for the candida diet?

You’ll still have to avoid constantly feeding the Candida to see any major difference.

For example if I allowed fruits and wheat bread into my diet?

That won’t work unfortunately.

Have you guys ever heard of the abs diet?

I didn’t know what the abs diet was, so looked it up. Didn’t find a complete diet plan, seems you have to start the purchasing process for a lot of detailed information. But what I did find was, “Eat steaks, pasta, pizza, even have a glass of wine or beer now and then.”
    Also there was a recipe for a “Chocolate Factory Smoothie” made with chocolate milk for starters. All of these things will prevent the Candida treatment from working, so unless you simply want to have a go at strengthening the old abs, you’d be wasting your time.

do you think I will clear any candida if I do the abs diet?

Sorry, but no.

Able

Uncharted

Thanks again Able,

I can’t believe I cheated. I tried the diet before and cheated in the detox period then too. I told myself I had to cheat because of work, I was so tired. I really want to do this because I have heard it cures adhd and I hate my adhd. I took a week vacation this time so I could do it, yet I still cheated.

Maybe I need to stick to a lesser diet first. I’m thinking it will get me in the habit of eating healthy and I’ll get use to taking time to cook my foods. The abs diet has a variety of easy to prepare recipes so I think I might start there. Once I get into the habbit of cutting out fast food, eating healthier, and cooking my own meals, then I can step up the program and stick to the strict diet I need to be on.

Thanks again.

One more question though. I think I already know the answer but I’ll ask.

Since I drive a truck for a living and have to be alert can I take a five hr energy drink during the die off to overcome the fatigue?

Since I’m pretty sure the answer is no, is there anything to do to overcome the fatigue during the die off?

raster
    Participant

Hello Uncharted,

I tried a “healthy diet” before doing the candida diet because I thought it’d be good enough to get better. I barely got like 5% better and nothing really changed. So doing a half-ass diet just won’t work.

It sounds like you never have cooked before really. Well I was once in the same boat before I started college. I didn’t even know how to make grilled cheese. But once I started making myself meals, it got me motivated to learn more. I eventually worked at the campus kitchen preparing mass quantities of food for everyone on campus from scratch. It helped me tremendously, all it takes is experience.

Relating to this, a lot of foods you can make on the diet are pretty easy and straightforward to make. I mean, if you start eating salad 2x per day, all it takes is cutting up the veggies and cleaning them and putting them in a bowl. (Chicken and lamb) sausage is a really easy food item to cook, you just boil them for 15 mins and grill them on a pan on med-low. Buckwheat is really easy as well, you just boil water, add the buckwheat, turn it on low, and stir it occasionally and it’ll be done in 15 mins. If you get a rice cooker, this is sort of a no brainer food preparation device where you just put water and rice in the cooker and let it do the work for you! Buckwheat can even be cooked in the rice cooker but it didn’t come out very good. You can steam veggies in the rice cooker as well.

The coconut/buckwheat bread is pretty easy as well. Just crack 11 eggs, add in the other ingredients, mix together with wooden spoon and put in bread pan. Bake for 45 mins at 350 degrees and test with a knife.

To make greek yogurt, you just put a bunch of spoonfuls of yogurt in bowl, stevia, and bam its done!

Cooking/baking classes can help you learn the basics, but they will be preparing foods that you cannot eat on the diet most likely. There might be some free or cheap ones that you can do at night, etc.

As far as the fatigue question is concerned, if you want to continue drinking caffeine while on the diet, it won’t set you back too much. In the long run if you can ween off coffee, go to green tea, and then an herbal tea like chamomile, you only will get better. Maybe just lower the amounts of what you consume so that you can transition easily. The 5hr energy drink probably is pretty poisonuous in general and probably drains you too much; it certainly isn’t helpful for the fatigue because all it is doing is draining your adrenals.

-Raste

Able900
    Spectator

Since I drive a truck for a living and have to be alert can I take a five hr energy drink during the die off to overcome the fatigue?

These shots normally contain the amount of caffeine equivalent to one cup of coffee. Of course, caffeine is one of the items that can mess with the adrenals, possibly hampering the function of the immune system, even causing it to crash if enough is consumed.
    The other problem is that they also contain Sucralose, a sugar which can feed the Candida.
    Of course, if there’s a question of going to sleep at the wheel or consuming this, I imagine a shot or two would be the better choice.

Since I’m pretty sure the answer is no, is there anything to do to overcome the fatigue during the die off?

Not sure about the fatigue, but sucking on a lemon will keep you awake.

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘I'm Beginning the diet’ is closed to new replies.