I'm a hungry man

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I'm a hungry man

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jee
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 20

Hi everyone

Concerning quantities of the diet, stage 1 if you will (would be after detox, which i’m skipping), is there a limit? I mean, is there a problem if I eat 2 tins of sardines instead of one, 3 eggs instead of 2, one big piece of fish instead of a little piece? I’m a hungry man, I move a lot and I need my food 🙂

As long as I stick to the “foods allowed” section, do I have to keep quantities in mind?

kind regards

Jee

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouldn’t worry too much; candida seems to tax the bodily and drains a lot of energy. I would consider eating 3-4 course meals instead of piling up on sardines and eggs myself. Sides such as buckwheat, veggies, salads, coconut bread, kefir/greek yogurt are good ones to consider.

-Raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

It’s actually better for your body to eat smaller meals more frequently. It doesn’t put so much strain on your digestive system and helps to keep your blood sugar stable. When you get hungry, try munching on avocado, olives or other veggies and the yoghurt or kefir like Raster said.

When you’re on a low-carb diet like this, your body uses fat for fuel, so instead of extra sardines, why not extra olive or coconut oil? Supplementing fish oil will give you extra calories, as well as a lot of other health benefits. Avocado has a decent amount of fat too.

If you’re active, you do want to get a decent amount of protein to avoid muscle loss, but at the same time it’s the hardest nutrient to digest, and excessive animal and fish proteins can cause problems for candida sufferers. You want to get the amount of protein you need, and avoid going over that amount.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Javizy is right about not eating really large meals; you’d be better off eating 6 or 7 smaller meals a day rather than 3 or 4 larger ones. This would help to keep your blood sugar up which would prevent weakness as well as hunger. I learned to eat this way during the treatment; even now I usually eat six meals a day without gaining extra weight.

Able

Jee

I’ll keep it in mind 🙂 thanks!

Jee

raster wrote: I wouldn’t worry too much; candida seems to tax the bodily and drains a lot of energy. I would consider eating 3-4 course meals instead of piling up on sardines and eggs myself. Sides such as buckwheat, veggies, salads, coconut bread, kefir/greek yogurt are good ones to consider.

-Raster

isnt buckwheat something i should only do from week 2 or so? according to http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

That’s correct, Jee, and then not that often. You’d be better off eating the coconut flour bread to be honest.

Able

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I'm a hungry man’ is closed to new replies.