If you are starving read this

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions If you are starving read this

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  +Christian+ 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

+Christian+
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 7

I think the foods to avoid section is a little ridiculous. People you need sugar in order for your blood sugars to be normal so your organs can function normal and so you dont die. I think if you just cut down on your sugar intake, avoid the main foods that feed it, have a low carb diet, then you should be fine. It is not going to hurt you if you eat a fruit or vegetable to get a bit of sugar in you, you just dont want to give your body a lot of sugar. So just quit drinking pop,coffee, and stick to water or a small cup of orange juice instead, for foods stay away from anything with yeast, high in carbs, wheat, and all that good junk food loaded with 20g+ of sugar. I can tell you one thing right now, this able900 guy who thinks he is a online doctor will probally try to scare ya otherwise, Do the diet but dont hurt yourself doing it. If you start feeling faint like your about to pass out and weak, please get some sugar in you, your goal is to kill the yeast not yourself. There is no way a human can live and get a sufficient amount of nutrients on the foods to eat list and you are a jackass if you think otherwise.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

+Christian+ wrote: I think the foods to avoid section is a little ridiculous. People you need sugar in order for your blood sugars to be normal so your organs can function normal and so you dont die. I think if you just cut down on your sugar intake, avoid the main foods that feed it, have a low carb diet, then you should be fine. It is not going to hurt you if you eat a fruit or vegetable to get a bit of sugar in you, you just dont want to give your body a lot of sugar. So just quit drinking pop,coffee, and stick to water or a small cup of orange juice instead, for foods stay away from anything with yeast, high in carbs, wheat, and all that good junk food loaded with 20g+ of sugar. I can tell you one thing right now, this able900 guy who thinks he is a online doctor will probally try to scare ya otherwise, Do the diet but dont hurt yourself doing it. If you start feeling faint like your about to pass out and weak, please get some sugar in you, your goal is to kill the yeast not yourself. There is no way a human can live and get a sufficient amount of nutrients on the foods to eat list and you are a jackass if you think otherwise.

How do you explain that I don’t lack sugar when I tested my blood even in the worse die-off s where I feel light headed, brain fog etc. I really thought I would lack sugar but run myself a blood test. I had perfect blood values. I then went to the doctor and they checked my blood pressure. Nothing! There was perfect blood pressure. The trouble is that they don’t check the toxins release from die-off which makes you light headed.

I would suggest that you come with more knowledge and present it here if you want to attack the knowledge of one of our members here who in fact is able to argue his case with knowledge. Please don’t shoot from the hip with all your thoughts, feelings and fears but give us facts and proof it. I cant find anything in your post which is not a simple opinion of a guy.

About the fear of weightloss I only can state the fact that I lost about 30 kg and then it stopped at the perfect weight of 77 kg. I am 185 tall and 49 years old. Nothing to complain and I believe that I got a good healthy weight now.

Your advice of healthy a healthy and balanced diet will work for a person who is not suffering a overgrowth of candida but not people like me.

cheers
    thomas

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Try finding out what a triglyceride is. You don’t need a single gram of carbohydrate to survive, and there are studies that’ve shown even ridiculous diets like Atkins are safe at least up to a year (that was the length of the study).

You’re making common sense claims, which are baseless. Try doing some research, and remember that we’re not looking for a long-term optimum nutrition diet, we’re looking for a diet that’ll kill candida. It’s a treatment, so learn to deal with the tough side of it.

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

you wrote earlier on another post:

Ok so I am new here and I just started the diet. I have fasted for 2 days by eating only vegetables and drinking water. My tongue has actually cleared up nice in this short amount of time and there isnt much white on it anymore, but im still a little worried if there is another source of candida overgrowth hiding in my intestines or elsewhere. I was wondering how would you know if you are cured or not? Im sure this takes a lot of time to get better but how do you know when you are fully cured? Ive read that this diet just helps alleviate symptoms of Die Off but the yeast can still feed off the endless supply of sugar in your blood.

You already have experienced the success of the diet in such a short time. Not sure why your being so critical? I wish you luck. If you do eat sugar I would be very interested in hearing your results. Especially the OJ. I know the slightest food I put into me that has starch causes a reaction. Please let us know how your test goes. Since you have oral thrush like myself and I have been fighting it since November 15th please let me know how your system reacts. I have eaten a few rice crackers, on morsel of a walnut with a few grains of sugar on it, a 1/4 tsp of sunflower seeds on a salad, and once at McDonalds I drove through and got a side salad with their balsamic vinegerett…I put about an 1/2 tsp of dressing on the salad and got a raeaction. So I look forward to the test that you do…please share your reactions. I understand that the diet works differently for everyone. However, I would hold your friends close on this forum as Able and Raster are our guiding lights. They have fought the fight and they knowledge is something gained through real life experince ….something that is very valuable. They are so kind with thier time and advice and guidance. I have a feeling you too will be asking for their advice time to time. I wish you luck. Please let us know how you spurts of sugar go.

+Christian+

well Thomas 77kg is about 170lbs, so your body can literally eat at your fat to obtain energy, but try doing this when you 5’7 and 135lbs which is about 11%bodyfat and a really high metabolism and its a different story. I passed out on day 3 morning of doing this and fell and hit my head against a wall. Let me tell you that was not fun, I felt so weak to the point where i couldnt walk.

This is the knowledge of able900: Put down the banana! that banana contains sugar! sugar feeds yeast! dont eat that! well no shit almost all food has sugar! Its refined sugar that you should watch out for, natural sugar that is in the fruits and vegetables is not going to cause a sporadic growth and kill you, your body needs vitamins and nutrients plain and simple, you guys are so desperate for help that if able900 told you that if you ate a piece of dog crap you would be cured im guessing somebody out there would do it.

Javizy try finding out what a piss off is

Hello Jackie, you seem to be the only one on the forum without an attitude, I have never had thrush problems until i got my tongue pierced 3 years ago because i accidently drank a beer too soon during the healing process. I have always had a bit of white on the back of my tongue since but just recently my health started to deteriorate, I keep a journal of all the things I eat on a day to day basis to keep me on track of everything, just in 3 days i have barely any white on my tongue but you can still see small red sores and it still feels sensitive. My extreme headaches and feeling like passing out have slowed down a bit and i already feel better just from 5 days of doing this. Although i added a lot of food that you should avoid for nutrition and my tongue still looks nice and pink. For example on christmas i had some ham, for breakfast i had whole wheat french toast and syrup, i dont drink a lot of orange juice but just a small glass to revitalize myself. Maybe i will email my journal of foods ive ate in the past 5 days if you would like.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

+Christian+ wrote: I think the foods to avoid section is a little ridiculous. People you need sugar in order for your blood sugars to be normal so your organs can function normal and so you dont die. I think if you just cut down on your sugar intake, avoid the main foods that feed it, have a low carb diet, then you should be fine. It is not going to hurt you if you eat a fruit or vegetable to get a bit of sugar in you, you just dont want to give your body a lot of sugar. So just quit drinking pop,coffee, and stick to water or a small cup of orange juice instead, for foods stay away from anything with yeast, high in carbs, wheat, and all that good junk food loaded with 20g+ of sugar. I can tell you one thing right now, this able900 guy who thinks he is a online doctor will probally try to scare ya otherwise, Do the diet but dont hurt yourself doing it. If you start feeling faint like your about to pass out and weak, please get some sugar in you, your goal is to kill the yeast not yourself. There is no way a human can live and get a sufficient amount of nutrients on the foods to eat list and you are a jackass if you think otherwise.

Dear forum members,
    I feel necessary to comment this post.
    First, I am going to highlight the ignorance and lack of knowledge this person have about this syndrome. I don’t find the diet ridiculous but his post.!!!

I am speaking having my own case as a reference. During 2008, I developed a severe intestinal fungal overgrowth triggered by a long antibiotic round. When this happened, I didn’t have any idea this syndrome existed. Then, when I could discover everything by myself, the battle began. I lost my marriage, my home, my job, and was left in bed with no energy to walk. !!!

Thanks god, I had a bank account that allowed me to deal with the avalanche went over me. ! I was obsessive looking for the faster way to recover my health and life.
    Then, I began to research and learn about this syndrome. Today, I own 16 books about it, have more than 280 abstracts and medical papers saved in my computer about this topic, have more than 2000 posts in Curezone, I am member of two yahoo groups about candida where two naturopath Drs Post, have spoken by phone and consulted by email yeast “experts” Drs such as Dr. Crandall, Dr. S. Baker, Dr. M. Mc Nett, and others.

Please, NO TREATMENT BETWEEN THE SKY AND EARTH WORK WITHOUT A RESTRICTIVE DIET. PERIOD.

I wanted it, and bought more that 25 boxes of Threelac, BOD Probiotics, and everything possible to cure my infestation.
    There is nothing I haven’t taken. The only thing I haven’t gotten is IV Echinocandins. There was a moment where I took Fluconazole 200 mg, Lamisil 250 mg, Amp B tablets 250 mg, Nystatin refrigerated powder 3 000 000 units a day, and Lufenuron powder, ALL OF THEM TOGETHER DURING 4 MONTHS. !!! but still ate brown rice, plantains, apples, potatoes, and other things. !!! I didn’t touch sugar but the other things were enough !!
    Yes, the infestation didn’t end with that powerful Rx antifungal battery. And, If you think I haven’t tried the naturals, I would like to have a check with the money I have spent buying them. There isn’t one I haven’t taken. Those that people normally mention and other more “exotics” So, I am done with this ignorant post. !!

Please, don’t make my mistakes and think about you and your family. !!
    Jorge.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

+Christian+ wrote: well Thomas 77kg is about 170lbs, so your body can literally eat at your fat to obtain energy, but try doing this when you 5’7 and 135lbs which is about 11%bodyfat and a really high metabolism and its a different story. I passed out on day 3 morning of doing this and fell and hit my head against a wall. Let me tell you that was not fun, I felt so weak to the point where i couldnt walk.

Mate, what I wanted to tell you is that the weight lost will stop at a healthy moment. If the diet is so terrible for our health as you state then I would be going down down and down. But this is not the case. What I noticed is that you blame the diet, you blame Able or even all the other member saying that only Jackie has not an attitude here.

I never showed you an attitude.

You resist an open discussion. You put no facts to your case but instead blame everyone but yourself. Did you bake yourself the coconut bread? What where you eating just before. There is so much to look at before one can make conclusion. Would be interesting to know how everyone else is feeling and how many have passed out. I am on this for about 2 month now and have not passed out.

If I would be you, instead of blaming people I rather would double check what I did wrong. If it happens so that you are the only one passing out. I would check a bit why that is. Its very childish to look away from yourself and blame everything around you.

cheers
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sounds like you were doing the cleanse christian, with little foods…you don’t have to the do the cleanse if you don’t want to feel bad, its up to you.

I feel that a tiny bit of your argument has merit but I don’t feel that there is any reason to get angry at the folks on forum…we are just trying to help people on their journey to recovery. No one has said “eat no sugar on the diet,” we have just said to keep your intake low. This means don’t go out and eat candy, lots of fruits, lots of beets, etc.

Sugar is hard to avoid; it is found in almost all vegetables that are in existance. For instance, red onion contains about 3g of sugar for the whole onion. One whole cucumber contains 5g of sugar. Even one head of green leaf lettuce contains 3g of sugar:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2477/2

That’s why I came up with the 25g of sugar per day rule (actually its my dr’s rule). Keep your intake low and you can have pretty much anything as long as the total is below 25g a day of sugar.

Let me give you an example of how this could work:
    1 serving of greek yogurt (8g of sugar)
    25 blueberries (4g of sugar)
    2 salads (5-10g of sugar)
    Buckwheat and other foods (3g of sugar)

Are you upset because you are not feeling good after the cleanse? Well…be prepared for die-off next which will make you feel worse, as long as you give the diet a chance. Otherwise good luck trying things out on your own, it could put you back to square one pretty fast otherwise…candida can adapt to anything you eat including orange juice.

-Raster

+Christian+

dvjorge, are you really gonna blame everything you lost in life on candida?? i mean maybe you lost your marriage cause your an asshole to your wife. I dont know even know you but already your first impressions suck. You feel the need to comment on this so called ignorant post? well i feel the need to tell you to piss off with your whiny attitude.

Thomas, i am going to copy and paste the foods to eat list and email it to a expert of nutrition at a local rehab hospital in my town and im going to ask them if you can suffice enough nutrients and calories from eating this. I will copy and paste everything they say just to prove my point if I have to.

+Christian+

Nah raster im not upset at anyone in the forum, im getting a lot of criticism from everyone though, it all comes down to personal preference of what works for you, make goals follow them and hopefully succeed. I just wanted to let people know that if they are starving themselves to a point of pain that they should just ease off the diet a bit. Im not trying to sabotage their diet or wellbeing, but just let them know that it is ok if you absolutely have to slip off the diet in order to live and get the essential nutrients,protein, so they can have energy to do daily things, especially when you work 8 hours a day and you go through this.

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Christian,
    Very scary that you fell and hit your head. My son did the same about 1.5 years ago and we almost lost him. Bleeding on the brain etc. He blacked out due to being too tall for his heart. He was 13 and was 6’3″ his heart was the size of a boy but his body of a man. Heart was not pumping blood to head fast enough. Very scary stuff. We sat with him in ICU while Doc’s told us to be prepaired for the worst. We put it in God’s hands…I’m so thankful God gave him back to us.

Point of story it took a long time to find out why he fainted…was it the food he was eating, was it football in the AM, basketball at noon and baseball in the PM…so many variables. We now know…but it took many test, nerosurgens etc.

It was a trial and error time in our life. I would never leave his side when he walked etc. Hitting your head or fainting of any kind is very scary business.

I hope that you contact your Doctor and find out if there are other reasons other than the diet. I know when I started the diet I did not do the clense. I just cut sugar and anything white out of my list. I was going by the website and eating carrots. Well, I couldn’t shake the thrush.

These wonderful people here taught me about oil pulling, what to eat and not to eat. I read the post from way back to the start of the forum. I lear from others mistakes and yet continue to make my own along the way.

Becareful, inform yourself, make smart decisions,also consult a doctor to find out if you could have fainted due to diet or is there something deeper that you need to look into as we had to for our son. What I failed to mention is our daughter is hypoglycemic. He fainted in the AM that same day. We thought he was HG like daughter and made him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Gave him OJ. Off he went to basketball that afternoon. We should have never thought we could take care of him by what food he ate or didn’t eat. He needed to be checked by a doctor. What I’m saying is make sure your being checked by a doctor. Let them look at the whole picture. My ENT refered to the Candia Diet as a “cult” out there and they have no idea what they are talking about. He went on and on that there is no such thing as Candia etc. He took a test of my mouth and said I was clear…I came home and ate something stupid like a nut or a rice cracker and my mouth burns etc. I know from proof of what I do daily that the food I eat is feading this monster that lives with in me. When I stay away from what I have been told to here it is much better. I too am concerned about my health…and if I’m getting the right nutrients. Keep educating yourself. Find your answers. I worry the fainting is a sign of something other than low sugar. I pray for your peace of mind and healing.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

What he’s done is the equivalent of a driver blaming his car crash on the diazepam manufacturer and not his own decision to drive after taking it. He’s immaturely taking out the anger caused by the dangerous results of his own failure on other members, which is pretty unsightly.

The idea that anyone who evidently doesn’t know the first thing about nutrition is trying to advise people is ridiculous. The triglycerides I mentioned contain glycerol, which can be converted to glucose and used as fuel just like carbohydrates. If this wasn’t possible, your cells would die whenever you went a few hours without eating. Forcing a change in your metabolism takes days, if not weeks, of adjustment, so it’s incredibly foolish to make assumptions after 2-3 days.

Christian, you’ve had a bad experience, and I can sympathise with your discontent at the protocol here after such an ordeal. It in no way excuses your attitude though. Take some time to absorb what people are saying and do a little bit of research. E-mailing an “expert” will achieve little – just look what happened when you left your health in the hands of this forum. You need to take charge of your own body, and that means understanding a bit about how it works. When you do that, I’m sure you won’t be touching any bananas.

If you’re not willing to constructively engage in a debate, then you might as well just leave the forum. There’s a lot of research behind what’s here, so you’ll have to try harder than ‘piss off, I’m right.’ This isn’t junior high school.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Javizy wrote: What he’s done is the equivalent of a driver blaming his car crash on the diazepam manufacturer and not his own decision to drive after taking it. He’s immaturely taking out the anger caused by the dangerous results of his own failure on other members, which is pretty unsightly.

The idea that anyone who evidently doesn’t know the first thing about nutrition is trying to advise people is ridiculous. The triglycerides I mentioned contain glycerol, which can be converted to glucose and used as fuel just like carbohydrates. If this wasn’t possible, your cells would die whenever you went a few hours without eating. Forcing a change in your metabolism takes days, if not weeks, of adjustment, so it’s incredibly foolish to make assumptions after 2-3 days.

Christian, you’ve had a bad experience, and I can sympathise with your discontent at the protocol here after such an ordeal. It in no way excuses your attitude though. Take some time to absorb what people are saying and do a little bit of research. E-mailing an “expert” will achieve little – just look what happened when you left your health in the hands of this forum. You need to take charge of your own body, and that means understanding a bit about how it works. When you do that, I’m sure you won’t be touching any bananas.

If you’re not willing to constructively engage in a debate, then you might as well just leave the forum. There’s a lot of research behind what’s here, so you’ll have to try harder than ‘piss off, I’m right.’ This isn’t junior high school.

Allow him to discover who the enemy is himself. !
    He is going to have a better teacher than us, and I know the name, Candida !! Its class must be learned the hard way when you eat what feed it !!
    As I said, nobody more than me wanted to eliminate this infection eating. Unfortunately, this person think the enemy is weak. What a big mistake !!
    His pain and suffering will give him a big lesson.
    Jorge.

+Christian+

Sorry to hear that jackie, i am glad your son is doing better now. I am done arguing on this forum with a bunch of grown babies. This thread was dedicated to my opinion on what I thought about the Candida diet restrictions. And you either agree with me or you dont, you dont have to follow my opinion but its there to be read. I never blamed anyone for anything in the first place so dont put words in my mouth that were never said. I calmly voiced my views and opinions with a hint of sarcasm there was no anger at all in my thread. Read the replies and you will see the anger and frustration of other people that im not doing it “their” way.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘If you are starving read this’ is closed to new replies.