If and when it is advisable to add xylitol?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions If and when it is advisable to add xylitol?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Doggiemama 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Golfer4588
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 32

Hi guys,

I am a little confused regarding if and when it is advisable to add xylitol?

It’s no biggie for me but it seems to be in quite a few bread recipes.

Many thanks

Richard

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

Stevia is the number one recommended sweetener for Candida. but if you cant stand Stevia..like me..i use xylitol and have from day one. just FYI..your body takes awhile to get use to xylitol so use it a little at a time..and work your way up to more if needed. i gt diarrhea and bloating if my body isnt liking it. now my body is getting use to it and isnt doing that so much anymore. it seems to be the closest thing to sugar that i have found without an after taste. so my suggestion is…try it..see if you have a reaction…. its up to you. i personally have NEVER had any sort of a reaction from it so i use it.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Golfer4588 wrote: Hi guys,

I am a little confused regarding if and when it is advisable to add xylitol?

It’s no biggie for me but it seems to be in quite a few bread recipes.

Many thanks

Richard

As soon as you can.
    Xylitol reduces acetaldehyde production. Acetaldehyde is a bi-product of candida fermentation that affect the neuro-endocrine system.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21154745

Jorge.

Golfer4588
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 32

Thanks guys,

That’s great news and its really cheap from my local supermarket.

Just need to find a good porridge substitute now!

Thanks again

Richard

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

Able says no to xylitol due to sugar alcohols. but i been using it from day one and have never had one single problem with it…so try it and see how you feel. if your ok.then keep on using it. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘If and when it is advisable to add xylitol?’ is closed to new replies.