Ice cream, suagry free, dairy free, and gluten free

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Ice cream, suagry free, dairy free, and gluten free

This topic contains 16 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Kag 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

So Delicious Dairy Free make some ice creams that are sugar free, dairy free, and gluten free that is made from coconut milk. There a few different flavors (mint, butter pecan, chocolate, vanilla, toasted almond, fudge bars and vanilla bars.)Even though it is sugar free there is still 1 gram of sugar in a serving ( I am guessing this occurs naturally in the products). The thing I am most worried about is the vanilla extract and chicory extract found it because I am sure there is some alcohol in it (it does not say alcohol free). I am not saying this product is prefect for the diet. However if you have a birthday and really feel like you need something this would be a better choice because the lack of sugar and milk. I am a ice cream eater. It is one of the thing I miss most about the diet. I will continue looking for a ice cream that will be even better. I am not saying this is good for everyday consumptions but I know many people may want to cheat on their birthday and for me ice cream is my achilles heel.

http://www.sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/coconut-milk-ice-creams/no-sugar-added-vanilla-bean

Lots of love,
    Lauren

Lauren

The sugar free ice cream is “Sweetened with erythritol (a sugar alcohol).” So this is for sure not good for candida diet with all these alcohols. Sorry! I will keep looking maybe I can find a recipe for a good ice cream.

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

A man can dream 🙁

melissamarievan
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 8

Hi Lauren – the ice cream really does sound great. Would it be a “healthier” alternative choice once “off” the diet….vs. regular ice cream with dairy and sugar? I wish they would use xylitol!!!

Lauren

Hi Melissa,
    I think it will be a healthier choice off the diet 😀 especially if you have problems with dairy to begin with. Maybe making our own ice cream might be the best way :D.

NewDay
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 25

Lauren wrote: So Delicious Dairy Free make some ice creams that are sugar free, dairy free, and gluten free that is made from coconut milk. There a few different flavors (mint, butter pecan, chocolate, vanilla, toasted almond, fudge bars and vanilla bars.)Even though it is sugar free there is still 1 gram of sugar in a serving ( I am guessing this occurs naturally in the products). The thing I am most worried about is the vanilla extract and chicory extract found it because I am sure there is some alcohol in it (it does not say alcohol free). I am not saying this product is prefect for the diet. However if you have a birthday and really feel like you need something this would be a better choice because the lack of sugar and milk. I am a ice cream eater. It is one of the thing I miss most about the diet. I will continue looking for a ice cream that will be even better. I am not saying this is good for everyday consumptions but I know many people may want to cheat on their birthday and for me ice cream is my achilles heel.

http://www.sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/coconut-milk-ice-creams/no-sugar-added-vanilla-bean

Lots of love,
    Lauren

Hi Lauren,

Just wanted to let you know I make my own ice cream. I use a can of coconut milk, leaving most of the liquid out. Then I add a pinch of salt, vanilla bean and xylitol to taste. You can freeze it like this stiring every 30 minutes or you can do what I did and purchase a single serving soft serve ice cream make. Works great!

Becca

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

I was just thinking about ice cream today.. i miss it too Lauren. I was thinking about some way to make it too…also a milkshake..using coconut milk.

Lauren

Becca,
    Thank you! I love you name :D! lol I will have to try it. What do you mean by “I use a can of coconut milk, leaving most of the liquid out.” I usually buy a carton of coconut milk that is liquid. One I buy is a yummy vanilla with no sugar it it either :D. I think it would make a great ice cream. I don’t know if I understand how to make it with just the milk. I am sorry if this is a silly question. I just never made ice cream before. Thank you
    Lauren

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

Thanks Lauren on the name part.. 🙂

..yeah i didnt understand how to make it. the canned coconut milk threw me off as well as vanilla bean? as in the beans? how many? i have never used vanilla beans…

can you explain further?

talking about sweeteners..has anyone checked into Madhava Organic Coconut Sugar? it sounds better than the xylitol for a sweetener.

princeofsin

Ok I cheated and tried a bite of the chocolate flavor of this brand and it’s amazing :X

supaneko
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 7

I have been making “ice cream” using the following (large batch):

A dozen eggs (of course, organic)
    1.5 cups of coconut oil
    1.5 cups of ghee (thank you for the recommendation Able!!)
    1 teaspoon/tablespoon of alcohol free vanilla (I guess, technically, it should be vanilla shavings but…)
    Stevia to taste

Blend the eggs and vanilla together.
    Melt the ghee and coconut oil together.
    Allow to cool so you don’t cook the eggs
    Blend the oils with the eggs.
    Add stevia to taste (start with half a teaspoon as it will become bitter if you overdo it)
    Blend again

Pour into a 13″ glass pan, freeze for 6 hours.

When you want to eat it, allow it to thaw a bit for about 15 minutes, and cut it into squares.

I have tried it with hot oil where the eggs mildly cooked and it made it quite fluffy. It’s been a while since I made this because I tend to eat the whole batch in a day and, well, that’s prolly not recommended. 😉

Trust me…if you’re craving ice cream…this will satisfy your cravings. 🙂

princeofsin

supaneko wrote:
    1.5 cups of ghee (thank you for the recommendation Able!!)
    [/b]

Isn’t that made from cow fat?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Ghee is allowed on the diet.

In Maui I saw some ice cream products made from frozen kefir! So take some kefir, add some vanilla or whatever flavor you want, mix together, and put in container and add stevia!

-raster

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

This “ice cream” is really good and I use it as a “cheat” food. I don’t think that erythritol affects your glycemic index or insulin levels the way sugar does. It has been used in diabetic food for a long time. Xylitol is also an alcohol “sugar” as well as sorbitol and malitol. These can all have laxative effects in large quantities so a little goes a long way. 🙂 I love this product!!

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I was wondering about kefir ice cream – thanks for the tip on that!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ice cream, suagry free, dairy free, and gluten free’ is closed to new replies.