ibs and candida: need help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice ibs and candida: need help

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Markyp1973 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

nabs2805
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 4

Hi there

I havent started the diet as yet because im not really sure about certain things. Ive been suffering with candida since last year and now when i researched ive come across some articles that say that candida and IBS are linked. My doctor lately has diagnosed me with IBS and i am confused and well kind of on edge. I feel like a mad person running in all directions with no help at all, heres whats confusing me the most:

From what ive read green leafy vegetables can cause the bloating and gas with regard to the IBS symptoms, and with candida those are the most vegetables that you should be eating, it seems to me that green leafy vegetables are good for candida diet but not good for IBS. What vegetables do i eat?Theres not much vegetables left if i think about it that can help my condition or am i suppose to be doing a candida diet at all? I hate going to the doctors because when i walk out of there i just feel like theyve offered no help at all.Even though i havent started the diet i notice the bloating when i eat veggies like broccoli,cauliflower,cabbage,green beans etc so my main concern is what to eat because Id like to plan my diet properly to get the most sufficient results.How do i treat one thing without aggravating another.

Should i be seeking any professional help?Can a dietitian help me, im a working student so its quite heavy on my pocket to go through all this but im tired of feeling drained with nothing and no one out there to help me 🙁

If this is the diet thats going to help me, Im from South Africa where can i buy those 3 meds before i start the diet from?

Please help!!!!Im desperate

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi mate,
    you cant address these two issues at the same time. If you guess around it will drive you nuts.

As long as you dont have prove that you have candida you should not only assume you have it. If you have an IBS with constipation than the high fibre diet here fighting against candida will be good for you.

So dont worry about that. If you have an IBS type overflow IBS, that is high speed of digestion and diarrhoea, you should NOT follow this diet as it is high in fiber which will irritate your guts more giving you more diarrhoea.

Check first if you have IBS and heal yourself. I found IBS the essential guide from Professor John Hunter a great book. There you can find out which type of IBS you have.

If you have constipation type of IBS you can safly do the diet here as it is high in fiber and in this case will only help you. You see there are different types of IBS.

If you suffer like most IBS folks from stress and anxiety. You should test EFT from Gary Craig. Its free on-line and helped me a lot.

hope that helps
    cheers
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Nabs.

From what ive read green leafy vegetables can cause the bloating and gas with regard to the IBS symptoms, and with candida those are the most vegetables that you should be eating, it seems to me that green leafy vegetables are good for candida diet but not good for IBS. What vegetables do i eat? Theres not much vegetables left if i think about it that can help my condition or am i suppose to be doing a candida diet at all?

The fact is that when you have a Candida infestation, bloating occurs with basically all foods part of the time and at least some foods all of the time. In other words, it’s difficult to avoid bloating when you have Candida unless you do something about it.
    Of course the best thing to do is to cure your infestation. But since this can’t be done overnight, the next best thing is to add Betaine HCL (hydrochloride) to your diet right away. Take one table during your meal. If you still experience terrible bloating, take two tables during the next meal.
    Another important thing to remember is that, the trigger foods for IBS are often the same foods that you should avoid on a Candida diet. For example; extremely greasy foods and cooking in a lot of grease should be avoided. FYI: Your body needs to have a certain amount of oil every day, and there are ‘safe’ oils which will not aggravate IBS. Other foods which aggravate IBS and can also be avoided on a Candida diet are pizza, red meat, French fries (all potatoes should be avoided during a Candida diet), and extremely spicy foods (such as pizza), also milk, cheese, ice cream and gluten.

Since a lot of vegetables eaten raw cause problems with IBS, you can lightly steam all of your vegetables on the Candida diet if you need to. Be sure to use extra virgin coconut oil or EVO.
    So the bottom line is, you can and probably should go on a good Candida diet.

The link below is a post concerning the connection between IBS and Candida; you can read it for more information on curing both Candida and IBS.

Candida, Leaky Gut Syndrome, Allergies, & IBS Connection

Let us know if you have questions about the protocol (link below).

The Protocol

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

You could try a 2-week diet to see if you can relieve your bloating before starting the candida protocol. Vegetables like bok choy, carrot, celeriac, courgette, cucumber, green beans, parsnip, spinach, sweet potato and turnip should be fine. You want to keep things as simple as possible to find out what you can tolerate. Sticking to olive oil for fat and chicken for protein should allow you to avoid any potential allergens.

Sweet potato, parsnip and carrot contain some carbs which should help the initial transition to low-carb eating. Cutting carbs out completely in one go can make the initial die-off even more horrendous, if not dangerous in some cases. If you get relief after two-weeks, then you can start introducing new foods and removing the starchy vegetables as you shift to the candida protocol.

The diet is basically just a “safe” foods list for IBS and IBD sufferers. I wasted a lot of time by jumping straight in and assuming everything would work out. Asparagus, broccoli, cabbage etc gave me a lot of problems and I was eating them daily. There’s always the potential you’re sensitive to eggs, coconut and other staples on the protocol, so easing into it is a good way to play things safe. It’s a long-term commitment, so it’s best to go about it methodically.

nabs2805

Thanx alot,it brings me some ease knowing that there are people out there to help me, instead of running around like a headless chicken lol i was diagnosed with candida last year and have well quite alot of symptoms of it.

I think im going to ease my way into the diet first, because im a person who tends to give up but thats another thing on its own. Im going to try my utmost best to heal my body, I dont have time for the cleanse so i’ll take it slowly.

Able I was just wondering can I carry on with my pro biotics or should i stop and only start them after the 2nd week on the diet. Ive found kefir grains aswell so im hoping to give that a try, just wondering if i should completely stop because of the IBS.
    Thanx alot,it brings me some ease knowing that there are people out there to help me, instead of running around like a headless chicken lol i was diagnosed with candida last year and have well quite alot of symptoms of it.

I think im going to ease my way into the diet first, because im a person who tends to give up but thats another thing on its own. Im going to try my utmost best to heal my body, I dont have time for the cleanse so i’ll take it slowly.

Able I was just wondering can I carry on with my pro biotics or should i stop and only start them after the 2nd week on the diet. Ive found kefir grains aswell so im hoping to give that a try, just wondering if i should completely stop because of the IBS.Thanx alot,it brings me some ease knowing that there are people out there to help me, instead of running around like a headless chicken lol i was diagnosed with candida last year and have well quite alot of symptoms of it.

Able I was just wondering can I carry on with my pro biotics or should i stop and only start them after the 2nd week on the diet. Ive found kefir grains aswell so im hoping to give that a try, just wondering if i should completely stop because of the IBS.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Able I was just wondering can I carry on with my probiotics or should i stop and only start them after the 2nd week on the diet. Ive found kefir grains aswell so im hoping to give that a try, just wondering if i should completely stop because of the IBS.

Since you’re skipping the cleanse, you may as well continue with them since you’ve started. Probiotics are needed to heal your IBS.

Able

nabs2805

I’ve noticed on an attempt to do the candida diet before,I use to eat six small meals a day only protein (eggs and chicken) and all the allowed veggies for the diet,I hardly have any bowel movements,thus resulting in gas and constipation,are there any suggestions as to how can I get regular bowel movements,I am not a fan of pyslium husk so I stay far away from it because it aggravates my symptoms. Is aloe vera ok to try to improve the constipation,is der a possibility dat it could aggravate candida n ibs or either conditions? I just want to be more prepared for starting this diet so that I don’t end up falling apart and giving up.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Markyp1973
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

If you suffer with IBS with constipation you must have more soluble/starchy fibre to aid with bowel movement,
    not insoluble fibre which the Yeast/Candida diet is based on. Therefore how can this diet help people with this variant of IBS??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ibs and candida: need help’ is closed to new replies.