i would love some advise on some specific tea and food items

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions i would love some advise on some specific tea and food items

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rob321
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

Hi, I am new to forums in general and recently got a pretty bad case of thrush after taking some wrongly prescribed antibiotics for something i didn’t even have. My mother has always warned me about candida as she got a bad case of it for many years and after taking milk thistle as part of her ammunition against candida she almost died as she was highly allergic to it. I am 25 and this is my first experience of candida affecting me in any way, although i have always had patterns of intense stomach pain and gastritis every 5 or 6 months, unexplainable by doctors, sometimes more frequently and sometimes less, but i am begining to think candida could be behind all of my problems as i know dairy and wheat over time or in times of poor health were not so agreable to my stomach. anyway its a very long story but il concentrate on the present for now. Using a tongue scraper and coconut oil pulling have shown the best improvements for me (just started adding collidial silver to my oil pulling as it seemed effetive when i used it at the begining (i got the thrush about 2 months ago) and taking koylic garlic and capsules containing black walnut, oregano oil capyrlic acid have seemed to help alot also. i take l-lysine, really good probiotics, vitiman a, flaxseed oil, calcium magnesium and zinc tablets and i adhere to a strict diet bar potatoes and oats which i sometimes eat with no apparant ill effect on my tongue or symtoms (sugar and milk give me worsening sytoms immediately). i pour my probiotics on my tongue now as it seems to work better and same with the capyrillic acid, black walnut and oregano oil and it seems more effective. i have given up any sweetners completely bar zylitol which seems fine on my diet. i have done endless research on candida and i have found most of my answers but i still find myself with some questions about certain products and stages of the diet. Firstly, i am confused about certain teas that i am drinking. can i drink ‘stash’s licorise tea’ with cinnamon, licorice root, orange peel, star anise, natural vanilla flavor, sarsaparilla, orange oil, natural cinnamon flavor, natural clove flavor, cardamom oil (i fear the orange oil and vanilla flavour might be a problem?). can i drink ‘yogi egyptian licorise that has natural tangerine flavour listed in other ingredients? (the egyptian mint licorise omits this flavouring and seems to have no bad ingredients for my diet). Then theres ‘tulsi honey chamomile’ with organic honey flavour? (assuming thats as bad as having honey), can i drink tea with citric acid or mango flavour? can i have tea with blueberry powder and rasberry leaves? Then i have a question about yeast, so many have said its a myth that the ingredient yeast actually causes problems unless its active yeast and its in the gluten free bread i buy so i am planning on making my own coconut almond bread with zylitol for a little hint of sweetess but still wonder about the yeast thing because it is even in my gluten free breadcrumbs that i was planning on using to make and freeze lots of tenders for easy snacks. another question i have is that one brand of gluten free tenders i bought before had rice flour but no sugar at all in the ingredients so is this fine? also i wanted to make almond and coconut cookies with little unsweetened choc chips (maybe add light coconut milk with 0 sugar listed and some zylitol to make my own choc chips if this would be ok?) i know chocolate is bad because of caffenine but i drink black tea from time to time and it seems fine with me, just wondering if choc its self is that bad or am i just making excuses? and is the thai kitchen coconut milk, light and unsweetened) ok to use? my tongue has dramatically improved so i dont think my teas are effecting my progress but any help with my questions would be greatly appriciated. also when my tongue is looking normal as it is almost doing so now, then how long before i can start introducing foods like potatoes and cheese?

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

I drink LOTS of herbal teas.

I find that when teas have natural antifungals such as cinnamon oil, clove, calendula,echinacea,ect, the additional flavorings are of no consequence.

For thrush I am using JASONS Natural Mouthwash which is so full of antifungals, its crazy.

I do coconut milk (vanilla) and coconut cream yogurts, which you may benefit by.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Rob,

I would be quite careful with chocalate…it is a dried food item and contains molds like nuts/seeds, etc.

As far as teas are concerned, I would try to get organic teas only if possible. The stash tea is actually made here in Oregon where I live and it contains a bunch of “natural flavors” crap. This could be just about any ingredient including MSG, aspartame, etc. I personally think that you shouldn’t drink any teas unless they are organic. The tulsi tea is likely OK but I would get one without honey if possible. I would try to stick with herbal teas vs. fruit teas.

Coconut milk is highly inflammatory and could make you more sensitive to foods because of this (increased inflammation can lead to increased leaky gut).

I wouldn’t worry about your tongue so much because I personally don’t think it directly relates to your immune health or candida levels. Its going to come and go throughout your treatment from my experience.

-raster

rob321
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

Thanks for your advise guys. I think il stick to peppermint tea (with a little xylitol added from time to time), my yogi Egyptian licorise mint which has organic peppermint leaf, organic licorise root, organic cinnamon bark, cardamom seed, organic ginger root, stevia leaf, organic clove bud black pepper, natural cinnamon bark oil, natural cardamom seed oil and natural ginger root oil as only ingredients, sounds good right? And so coconut oil is amazing, unsweetened coconut flakes are good and coconut milk is bad? And I thought my tongue is related to my candida directly no? When I have sugar it gets worse and when I adhere to the diet it’s looks better, seems very profoundly associated I would think!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t think its related because mine gets bad sometimes when I am strict and is fine when I am not, so its not a direct correlation imho.

I’d also be quite careful with xylitol because it is an alcohol sugar essentially. I recommend stevia as a replacement…you should try a week without xylitol and see how that affects your tongue health. I think its not as safe as you think…

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘i would love some advise on some specific tea and food items’ is closed to new replies.