I work now with Colonoscopy in a hosptial!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I work now with Colonoscopy in a hosptial!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi guys,
    I got a four weeks chance to work in a colonoscopy och esophagogastroduodenoscopy unit. I did my first week now and saw a lot of intestines and stomachs. I ask the doctor if one would “see” a candida infestation and she answered me:

Usually there are no candida infections in the intestines. It is extremly rare and yes, one would see it as it would create an inflamation. In that week I saw everything under the sun from inflammations (crohns) to cancer but no candida.

Now my question to you guys: Is candida visible or is it possible that candida can give symptoms and make trouble in a state without having formed visible biofilms? We had several IBS patients too. I listened to their complains and the talk they had with the doctor. We all would have said…..CANDIDA! But heck no, we didnt see anything in their colons? Or do you think the Candida is hiding out somewhere? The small intestines, maybe?

Lets share knowleadge here for a while!

If you have some good and relevant questions, I might write them down and pop them to the doctor if she gives me some time with her next week. I am still three weeks studing in that department and hope to be a little smarter after that.

yours
    Thomas

Julia
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

Wow very interesting post…that might be the longest word I ever saw!! lol

I guess I would ask her to check all of us : P

I am sure you will see one infestation at some point. Perhaps she has pictures? What does she do when she finds candida in someone gut? or is that just then passed on the another doc?

interesting..

Thanks for this post.. I will maybe try to think up some questions.
    : )

Thomas

Julia;39274 wrote: Wow very interesting post…that might be the longest word I ever saw!! lol

I guess I would ask her to check all of us : P

I am sure you will see one infestation at some point. Perhaps she has pictures? What does she do when she finds candida in someone gut? or is that just then passed on the another doc?

interesting..

Thanks for this post.. I will maybe try to think up some questions.
    : )

She kind off wished it off. Like we are used to experience a candida talk with a MD. I understand them in a way. Think about it. You look into the guts of people day in and out and dont see candida and have them talk about candida here and there. But one thing I noticed there are a lot people coming with problems one cant do anything about. You look inside their intestines and all you see is if they are ok or if there is a polyp, cancer, inflammation, or anything. Then you find a very good looking and healthy intestines and think, well I just saw very sick people today, be happy you have healthy intestines and then the person talks how sick he feels. I hear that the doctor says, yes, but your intestines are healthy.

And you know what. I too saw it. They where healty. But the person talks on and on about his symptoms and he sounds like a person from our forum here. Its real strange to see the other side now. It will be real intersting if I will find something in the 3 weeks left.

yours
    Thomas

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Thomas, just kind of browsing through right now. I saw you said something about candida hiding in the small intestine. I truly believe in this because you are talking to one person that has been through hell the past few years.

I always had stomach problems all my life, but I got to thinking about it today that I really noticed a problem after I experienced my bout with mono in 2009!!! Also, the mold issue of my living conditions and the pets I am around.

Anyways, in 2009, my left side hurt all the time, had major problems with constipation; had some sort of gurgling noise. I had colitis, and I got my large intestine removed in June 2011. I am connected small intestine to rectum.

However, I still felt bad, and then I found out that I had gastroparesis. In Jan. 2012, I had a procedure to insert a gastric pacemaker inside me. I believe this is the best surgery for me to date because I can eat somewhat normal now!!!

As my stomach sped up though, it is not necessary my stomach all the time that bothers me. It is that I feel the effects of not having a colon. I alternate between both aspects. I got tired of seeing regular doctors about issues, so I saw an integrative doctor.

I got started on the right track to heal all these inflammations (leaky gut) from over the years, surgeries, infections, urinary problems, etc. However, I didn’t follow some of the right protocols before starting all this at the beginning of the year. I had the idea, but didn’t take it in full effect until I read up more and found this site.

I am still worried about losing weight, but I have maintained; thank goodness. I have felt better through diet by avoiding dairy and wheat. However, I still got a lot of work to do. This is taking forever, and I think people think that I am crazy.

Long story short, yes, my yeast is in my small intestine, and I know I can get my gi problems fixed by doing different things, diets, supplements, etc. because I have seen some herbs, etc. do wonders on me!!! I am glad that I am completely off Imodium and Miralax now as I was taking both last year.

Still have problems, might be even clearing up a sibo from constipation history in the past. who knows?

wow, this ending up being longer than I thought. I just had a lot to say because I just believe I got started with the wrong end of doctors, and I just think I could have healed better by not going down the route I did. You live you learn!

Thomas

kjones02;39285 wrote: Thomas, just kind of browsing through right now. I saw you said something about candida hiding in the small intestine. I truly believe in this because you are talking to one person that has been through hell the past few years.

I always had stomach problems all my life, but I got to thinking about it today that I really noticed a problem after I experienced my bout with mono in 2009!!! Also, the mold issue of my living conditions and the pets I am around.

Anyways, in 2009, my left side hurt all the time, had major problems with constipation; had some sort of gurgling noise. I had colitis, and I got my large intestine removed in June 2011. I am connected small intestine to rectum.

However, I still felt bad, and then I found out that I had gastroparesis. In Jan. 2012, I had a procedure to insert a gastric pacemaker inside me. I believe this is the best surgery for me to date because I can eat somewhat normal now!!!

As my stomach sped up though, it is not necessary my stomach all the time that bothers me. It is that I feel the effects of not having a colon. I alternate between both aspects. I got tired of seeing regular doctors about issues, so I saw an integrative doctor.

I got started on the right track to heal all these inflammations (leaky gut) from over the years, surgeries, infections, urinary problems, etc. However, I didn’t follow some of the right protocols before starting all this at the beginning of the year. I had the idea, but didn’t take it in full effect until I read up more and found this site.

I am still worried about losing weight, but I have maintained; thank goodness. I have felt better through diet by avoiding dairy and wheat. However, I still got a lot of work to do. This is taking forever, and I think people think that I am crazy.

Long story short, yes, my yeast is in my small intestine, and I know I can get my gi problems fixed by doing different things, diets, supplements, etc. because I have seen some herbs, etc. do wonders on me!!! I am glad that I am completely off Imodium and Miralax now as I was taking both last year.

Still have problems, might be even clearing up a sibo from constipation history in the past. who knows?

wow, this ending up being longer than I thought. I just had a lot to say because I just believe I got started with the wrong end of doctors, and I just think I could have healed better by not going down the route I did. You live you learn!

Whow, you have been through much! I hope very that you will heal and enjoy a good and strong health you deserve it. How is the removal of your colon affecting you? How are your levels of B-vitamines? How is your mineral/salt balance? Are you tired often? Where on the left side is it hurting all the time? Under the ripecage or further down the belly?

yours
    Thomas

kjones02
    Participant

Yes, it has been a long journey. The lack of not having a colon truly affects me. Actually, I will have to watch my diet the rest of my life, but I am trying to repair it right now, so I do not have as many allergies, and can have a cheat every once in awhile. Plus, I am really not starting to mind a lot of the different foods now. Plus, I find steaming my veggies most the time is easier on me. My stomach is better, and once I heal this leaky gut, I am hoping to gain some weight back. I am trying to ease up the gas, toxins in my bloodstream, and have normal bowel patterns.

B-vitamins, I need to take a complex every morning to start my day as I am low in b12. Plus, I am anemic, so I just started supplementing with lactoferrin. salt levels, sometimes I notice myself getting light-headed, but that has gotten better over the past few months. Last year, I would suck on hard candies and chew gum all the time to keep sugar up. Now, since taking l-glutamine and other things, my levels are more at ease till my next meal.

Tired-yes, I do get tired. Adrenal herbs and b-vitamins do help, and I am ready to feel even 10x more better to start working again. Currently, I work on my craft-work and sell it, which I don’t mind because it takes my mind off of things.

My left side, is seems to be right under my ribcage or at the very bottom. It seems like that is their pressure their, and that I have need to let out gas or air if I am having a bad day, but I can’t. It is like I have to go to the bathroom, but I can’t. That is the thing about no colon, and now since my stomach has sped up with the pacemaker. Really, in all honestly, I am trying to work out these issues and urinary issues, worst habits, (too much info, but it has affecting my sex drive, too!) by taking my supplements and hoping the probiotics will eventually even my out, so then I just supplement with those and get off anti-fungals.

So, I really think that some of my issues are different than some people, but in all reality, this forum has lots of useful information that I did not know about that has helped me, recipes (coconut bread), the molybednum, liver help-starting taking milk thistle. All these other measures that I didn’t know I should be doing, too that has helped. If anyone else has any advice, I appreciate it?

Thomas-maybe you can ask your doctor about people with no colon? How he treats them?

Thomas

kjones02;39327 wrote: Yes, it has been a long journey. The lack of not having a colon truly affects me. Actually, I will have to watch my diet the rest of my life, but I am trying to repair it right now, so I do not have as many allergies, and can have a cheat every once in awhile. Plus, I am really not starting to mind a lot of the different foods now. Plus, I find steaming my veggies most the time is easier on me. My stomach is better, and once I heal this leaky gut, I am hoping to gain some weight back. I am trying to ease up the gas, toxins in my bloodstream, and have normal bowel patterns.

B-vitamins, I need to take a complex every morning to start my day as I am low in b12. Plus, I am anemic, so I just started supplementing with lactoferrin. salt levels, sometimes I notice myself getting light-headed, but that has gotten better over the past few months. Last year, I would suck on hard candies and chew gum all the time to keep sugar up. Now, since taking l-glutamine and other things, my levels are more at ease till my next meal.

Tired-yes, I do get tired. Adrenal herbs and b-vitamins do help, and I am ready to feel even 10x more better to start working again. Currently, I work on my craft-work and sell it, which I don’t mind because it takes my mind off of things.

My left side, is seems to be right under my ribcage or at the very bottom. It seems like that is their pressure their, and that I have need to let out gas or air if I am having a bad day, but I can’t. It is like I have to go to the bathroom, but I can’t. That is the thing about no colon, and now since my stomach has sped up with the pacemaker. Really, in all honestly, I am trying to work out these issues and urinary issues, worst habits, (too much info, but it has affecting my sex drive, too!) by taking my supplements and hoping the probiotics will eventually even my out, so then I just supplement with those and get off anti-fungals.

So, I really think that some of my issues are different than some people, but in all reality, this forum has lots of useful information that I did not know about that has helped me, recipes (coconut bread), the molybednum, liver help-starting taking milk thistle. All these other measures that I didn’t know I should be doing, too that has helped. If anyone else has any advice, I appreciate it?

Thomas-maybe you can ask your doctor about people with no colon? How he treats them?

I will ask her if I get a chance. Have they checked your pancrea?
    yours
    Thomas

kjones02
    Participant

I will ask her if I get a chance. Have they checked your pancrea?
    yours
    Thomas

hmmm, I don’t think so.

Thomas

kjones02;39333 wrote: I will ask her if I get a chance. Have they checked your pancrea?
    yours
    Thomas

hmmm, I don’t think so.

Check on it, that is a typical area of the pain if you have some trouble with the pancrea. If its further down on the left side of your stomach thats a typical place for diverticula. If you have a constant pain on the left side under your ripcage I would have a check off you pancrea.

cheers
    thomas

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I work now with Colonoscopy in a hosptial!’ is closed to new replies.