I think Im doing everything right…why isnt my candida dying after 3 weeks??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I think Im doing everything right…why isnt my candida dying after 3 weeks??

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kjones02 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

nida2192
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hello All,

Im new to this forum.

I started having systemic candida symptoms about 3 months ago after I started taking birth control pills.

It started with a vaginal yeast infection, which I went to the doctor for. She gave me prescription medications, I took them, they didnt work. After taking these antifungals for 2 months, I got frustrated and decided to try over the counter and home remedies. I tried monistat, didnt work. Then started douching with diluted hydrogen peroxide and probiotic pills in water, and taking probiotics internally…I would be symptom free for a couple days and it would just come back.

When I discovered that I was developing oral thrush as well, I realized this was systemic and I should treat it from the inside. I quit the birth control. I stopped eating sugar almost completely, started eating organic and healthier foods, while taking echinacea just as a general immune system boost. i was really excited to see this working (oral thrush was almost gone within 3 days) but it still came back.

Last week, I started taking garlic oil capsules (as an antifungal) and artichoke extract tablets (for liver and gallbladder function) and quit the echinacea (figured it was unnecessary). After a couple days, my skin fungal infections (Ive been prone to those since childhood) are miraculously GONE. Which is awesome, but it seems that the vaginal candida infection isnt getting better. For the past 2 nights, Ive been inserting 3 of those garlic oil capsules vaginally before bed (still taking them orally) and the vaginal candida is actually getting WORSE. 🙁 I never had pain or burning, but the discharge is thicker and more now.

This is really a fairly mild candida problem, and I dont know why it wont go away!! Im SO frustrated. My sex life has suffered GREATLY. I feel disgusting. Im only 21 and otherwise healthy, I dont understand!

Today I went out and got oregano and black walnut tinctures. Currently taking garlic oil capsules and artichoke extract and probiotics (kefir), and I will be starting the oregano and black walnut tonight. Still on an almost no sugar, organic diet.

I dont know if this might be die off? Is it supposed to get worse before it gets better? I have had sore throat/swollen tonsils on and off for the past few weeks, insomnia, bloating, foggyness in my head, almost constant headache, and somewhat loose stool this morning. That could be symptoms of the toxins released by dying yeast. But it seems absurd to me that the vaginal candida would actually overgrow MORE as a symptom of it dying.

Can someone offer any advice or tell me this is, indeed, die off? Should I keep taking the supplements Im taking? Keep inserting the garlic oil vaginally? Its starting to seem hopeless, someone help because doctors cant.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

This is a long term battle, not a short one. You are trying to kill the yeast only and this isn’t how you get better…its just killing it over and over again and again.

What you have to do is reduce the numbers internally within the gut in order to get better and antifungals are not going to be the only way to do this…

Here is an important post to check out:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst8180_Doing-too-much-too-fast.aspx

The candida has put up a big fence to protect itself and you have to destroy this fence in order to reduce the numbers. Acids are something that can erode these walls, specifically lactic acids found in dairy and probiotics and undecenoic acid found in fish oil (also known as SF722).

There are other acids to fight other bugs such as parasites, bacteria, virus’s, microbes, etc.

You also don’t have systemic candida…if you did you would be in the hospital fighting for your life. What you have is known as candida related complex or CRC.

If you want best results and can afford it, I would recommend consulting a naturopathic doctor who has treated people with yeast infections successfully many times over a period of years.

-raster

nida2192
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I’m a student who can hardly pay her bills on time, I definitely cant afford a naturopathic doctor.

As far as I know I am doing what you said. I am killing it with the probiotic acids, as well as antifungals. What else is there to do?

Or are you telling me I just have to keep doing what Im doing but longer term?

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

I have the same problem as you have. Some supplements are very expensive. If I continue the treatment that I am doing right now, I’m gonna be broke before I graduate.
    I suggest to do the things that you can do with a limited budget.

I don’t have much time to write it all down, but here is a head start.
    Search the forum for next keywords:
    liver cleanse
    kefir
    Raster’s safe food list
    antifungals: oregano oil, red thyme, extra virgin coconut oil (bit more expensive)
    supplements: milk thistle, molybdenum, magnesium, vitamin c, vitamin d(3), swedish bitters
    minerals: himalayan salt

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

I concur, I feel like I am going broke. I have been through hell the past few years. First, had my colon taken out, then found out I had gastroparesis (had a gastric pacemaker inserted into, it does help!!!! I hate not having a colon). Now, trying to treat all these problems of candida. Only working prn, already receiving social security this past year, and I am only 29. Plus, I started consulting raster’s nd in late May, early June. I want to feel the best I can, but gastroparesis, candida, all very expensive to treat. It is hard, and I am lucky to have a partner that only makes me pay for a couple things, and he takes care of the rest, but I am still broke!!! I’m just trying to tell myself it will all work out somehow! Oh, and forgot to add in, that I have student loans to worry about that are on deferment! =0

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

kjones02;52387 wrote: I concur, I feel like I am going broke. I have been through hell the past few years. First, had my colon taken out, then found out I had gastroparesis (had a gastric pacemaker inserted into, it does help!!!! I hate not having a colon). Now, trying to treat all these problems of candida. Only working prn, already receiving social security this past year, and I am only 29. Plus, I started consulting raster’s nd in late May, early June. I want to feel the best I can, but gastroparesis, candida, all very expensive to treat. It is hard, and I am lucky to have a partner that only makes me pay for a couple things, and he takes care of the rest, but I am still broke!!! I’m just trying to tell myself it will all work out somehow! Oh, and forgot to add in, that I have student loans to worry about that are on deferment! =0

After a bit of reading, what I see being helpful is a week of eating in a way that weakens that candida (or maybe several weeks?) once the candida is weakened, you hit it with antifungals while continuing to starve it of sugar.

We maintain this diet for another month or so until we can safely add a food to see what our response to it is.

Im not convinced that our cost of supplements/meds is necessary, only extremely helpful.
    In other words, there HAS to be a way of handling this that doesnt not require trying to figure out by accident which supplements/meds will help.

The body is very smart…. there has to be something we are not putting together, because it doesnt resonate with me that we have to play God with our inner-imbalance.
    Thats what got us all here to begin with…no?

im still new and learning…be patient with me,lol 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You basically have to get the inflammation under control in order to start introducing new foods. Many candida sufferers have leaky gut syndrome which is basically chronic inflammation of the gut causing holes in the intestinal lining. This takes longer to heal and you shouldn’t introduce many foods until it has gotten better. Otherwise you will have allergic reactions…

-raster

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

raster;52412 wrote: You basically have to get the inflammation under control in order to start introducing new foods. Many candida sufferers have leaky gut syndrome which is basically chronic inflammation of the gut causing holes in the intestinal lining. This takes longer to heal and you shouldn’t introduce many foods until it has gotten better. Otherwise you will have allergic reactions…

-raster

Yes, some supplements, I believe are still necessary because like raster said, leaky gut takes forever to cure!!! I am still working on it. I find I am okay one week with one food, and another week not, still! sometimes I can treat, other times not.

Yes, diet is key though to getting better, and you will never know until you try it, but it takes time. I don’t mind an healthy diet, I just don’t want to be paranoid with every ingredient in food all the time anymore!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I think Im doing everything right…why isnt my candida dying after 3 weeks??’ is closed to new replies.