I think I may have it too! My history.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I think I may have it too! My history.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

gcha8e
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 28

Dear Able and friends, you might remember my recent post about my 2yr old, who underwent surgery and heavy antibiotics at birth…. Well, my research for her leads me to think that I may have Candida overgrowth as well. I think my symptoms resemble low adrenal and low functioning thyroid condition.

Please tell me what you think.

My current symptoms: Low energy. Low weight. (6ft.2in./149 lb. or 1.9m/68kg) Very cold hands and feet even at room temperature. Creaky, popping and achy joints. Severe bleeding sinus infections whenver I get a any cold or flu. Poor mental focus at work. Slightly slower healing.

I was hospitalized at the age of 4 for several days for an unknown viral like infection. I was given a lot of antibiotics.

some years later I began to have mysterious outbreaks of hives covering my whole body, this would happen at night, a couple times each year. I would have upset stomach and diarrhea as well.

When puberty came I went through it slowly, and, very awkwardly. From the age of about 10, until the age of 18 or so, I felt like I was hormonally “off”. I was so skinny that my own mother at one time cringed at my sight and worried I was unhealthy. For the most part, I remember that nothing was ever really done for me other than told to “just eat more”. Or I was told “eventually you will gain weight as you get older”. I felt hormonally “off” and suffered from very bad acne which was humiliating. My diet as a young boy in all this time was mostly heavily refined and processed foods from cans, boxes, sugary food, etc. The cheap stuff.

I competed in high school sports but was not a good player because reflexes and strength are below average. I did manage to grow to 6’2″ however, taller than my dad, but at the end of high school I was still only 138 lb (63 kg).

I entered the military to escape from my normal life at the age of 18. I was unsure I could do the physical excercise because of my muscle tone. I did fairly well though, and gained 10 lb over 4 months with regular workouts. I got a bad flu with painful aches about once each year during this period. I also contracted a few very nasty flu’s when in the barracks during training.

I was generally healthy though and was able to complete a Biological/Agrigcultural Engineering degree. I learned basic organic chemistry and cell biology, but didn’t understand what I would ever use it for. (I now am glad I have that knowledge)

I worked out more in college and gained a top weight of 159 lb at the age of 21 and felt pretty good. In spite of my best efforts I could not top 160. I got married and graduated a few years later at 23 but at this time I began to have bad sinus infections. As soon as my cold would begin to dry up, my sinuses would begin to bleed. This would happen about twice each year. I was prescribed antibiotics (of course) and eventually I got to the point that if I ever got a cold, I had to get antibiotics. I knew I could not go on like that. I began to use saline solution to keep my sinuses more clean. This helped tremendously. THis was my first personal experience with natural healing.

I am now 32. I have three girls. The youngest has severe skin rashes as you know. For some time now I have meant to dig deep and find the courage to determine what is wrong with me. In the last few years my digestion has started to work more slowly, I cannot tolerate spicy food like I used to do. My last doctor’s appt the doctor said my low weight was just “my metabolism”.

For my sinus infections the ENT doc said it was simply due to “inflamation” and thin tissue around my blood vessels, causing them to burst when I got a stuffy nose. He said saline was a good remedy.

I slammed my little baby toe into something several months ago. It still hurts. It was pink and swollen for about two months actually and is still a bit tender. I feel that lately my sensitivity to pain is going up. I find it hard to excercise much more than in the past. If I run two miles for example and run hard, I will almost certainly vomit at the end. I wonder if it could be my body detoxing too rapidly after getting my blood flowing.

So, I am now to the point where I feel that if get antibiotics much more in the future, I might become one of those stories where my life litterally falls apart, because I cannot even function, and nobody will have any way to help me.

I have begun to realize that the standardized medicine is really killing poeple, very slowly, and very painfully. I don’t want to die in a hospital an invalid.

We are drug free at home, and we eat organic food, but this is on account of our oldest child, and youngest child.

We ate poor foods up until about three years ago. Our oldest girl has significant developmental problems and growth problems. She did not walk until she was almost 2 years old. Our middle girl had bad ear infections and had to get the tubes. Her sinuses are poor and eyes are always stuffy. Her muscle tone is also very low and her reflexes very poor. The little one had the surgery…

well, that is enough for now. If you finished this post you are a hero!

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi gcha8e,
    I am happy you call me a hero, I read the entire story and could see your suffering. I like to welcome you here in our gang. Unfortunately I cant give you much help yet. I have joined the forum 10 days ago. I am sure that Able and raster will have great help and advice for you.

yours
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have a feeling Dr. Mcombs has an answer for you somewhere in his radio shows:

http://www.mccombsplan.com/new/media_center/index.php

I am no candida expert, but there are a few things worth noting. Antibiotics are one of the greatest causes of health problems throughout the world (in my opinion) and do great damage while helping us get over various diseases/colds. Instead of this being prescribed, doctors should prescribe probiotics to help the body heal itself. There really isn’t too many negative consequences of using probiotics.

Antibiotics and the legacy they leave with health problems is reaching an epidemic, and this is one reason you may have candida alone. When antibiotics first came out there were prescribing something 250mg of dosage. Now they are prescribing something like 250,000mg dosage. This is a huge and giant leap. They have to come up with more and more varieties of antibiotics because they are becoming increasingly ineffective. Dr. Mcoombs feels that anyone who has used antibiotics has candida; while this is debateable, I feel that it has some merit.

The spicy food issue you mentioned is a food allergy symptom; this can be caused by candida.

The arthritis sounding symptoms can be partially caused by candida; your body is de-mineralizing its trace minerals to feed/fight the candida. If you experience hair loss on top of these other symptoms, you should take some trace mineral vitamins. Over time, your body will stop demineralizing on the candida diet. These vitamins include potassium, chlorine, molybdenum, sodium, calcium, phospherous, magnesium, and zinc just to name a few:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietary_mineral

Listen to some doctor mcoombs and it will reinforce your feelings on the health industry.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

GC, how long have you lived in your current home? And have you ever had it tested for mold?

gcha8e

Able900 wrote: GC, how long have you lived in your current home? And have you ever had it tested for mold?

We have been in this home for 5-1/2 years. I do not suspect mold here, the house is 16 years old, as far as we can tell the basement did flood a few times in construction, but this was fixed long ago before we lived here.

gcha8e

is mold hard to find, or expensive to test for?

I looked at adrenal fatique and cannot come to a firm conclusion but I know I have some of the symptoms of it whatever it is. Or I am simply getting older and aging too fast. The toxicity and cell regitity in my body from years of junk food and starches and sugar, combined with an out of normal metabilism and immune system imbalance has prematurely reduced my energy level from that of a 32 year old to a 45 year old.

My eye floaters and memory problems and stumbling over my words are really the only sightly different thing in the last couple of years. I sleep but don’t feel rested sometimes. My travel on the road has led me to increase alchol consumption and I sleep less when I travel. That surely plays a role too. But reversing it is going to be a hard thing. I have to eat on the go a lot. I don’t think my wife will agree to a change in my employment so I can alter my lifestyle, she’ll say “suck it up and die trying”. LOL.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My candida overgrowth was partially caused by mold and alcohol abuse. If you have any mold in the bathroom or other places throughout the house, you might want to get it tested.

I had a bathroom that didn’t have a bathroom fan and there was a light amount of mold covering most of the walls in this small room. I didn’t clean it and didn’t think it was much of a problem. It also grew in other places in the apartment in places I couldn’t see very well; in the corners of the room behind appliances, trash bins, etc. Then the landlord told me he just painted over it in the past; so there must’ve been mold sandwiched between the layers of the paint. At that time I figured it be best to move.

I’ve heard horror stories about people buying a “clean new home” and then they had horrible symptoms after moving in. They then opened up some walled over part of the house and it was filled with tons of black mold in some sealed room. They left a note saying “here is your big surprise.” This is just an example and not meant to make you worry.

If you clean the windows and they are black on the rag, this is mold. If you have dust covering many of the surfaces in the house, this could be mold as well. If you feel sick after doing a thorough clean, this could be mold as well.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

gcha8e wrote: I looked at adrenal fatique and cannot come to a firm conclusion but I know I have some of the symptoms of it whatever it is. Or I am simply getting older and aging too fast.

If you’re aging too fast, there’s a reason, and if you’re in your 30s, logically speaking, you’re far too young for ‘getting older’ to be an excuse for any physical or mental problem.
    My parents are both in their 60s, they’re both still working, and they both swear that they have more energy and stamina and less stress today than they did in their late 20s and 30s, but they say their energy started improving in their 40s as well as the ability to control stress. That’s true for thousands of our ‘older’ citizens. Why do you think that is? My theory is that it takes that long for us to learn how to eat and take care of ourselves; we finally learn the difference between enough sleep and not enough sleep as far as how we’ll feel and think is concerned. We learn that ignoring a small physical problem can easily turn into a large one, and we learn to do our own research in order to take care of ourselves because by that time we realize that doctors are not gods, and they may not be able to ‘fix’ us every time we screw with our health. And we finally ‘get it’ that if we eat a high carb, high sugar snack, we’re going to feel like crap afterwards, but if we eat an apple or an avocado, we’ll feel better than before we ate. Wonder why it takes so many years for humans to learn these simple ‘tricks’?

It’s never too late to learn, especially about ourselves.

Able

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I think I may have it too! My history.’ is closed to new replies.