I think I have Candida, is the answer on my tongue?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I think I have Candida, is the answer on my tongue?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  TheChosenOne 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

jasonking92
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi, I’m new here and I’ve got a feeling I have Candida,

I have chronic constipation, bloating after eating which causes bad acid reflux, extremely tired, mood swings, slight darkness under my eyes.

I stick to a healthy diet of whole foods, I weight train and I love the feeling of exercise.

Here’s a picture of my tongue (sorry if you think this looks gross). Does this look like Candida?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/odg2oxnxmxd58mt/IMG_0968.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lef16ooqkcquiaq/IMG_0969.jpg

future thanks for your help 🙂

Floggi
    Replies: 425

Did you try tongue scraping? A whitish tongue may hint at candida, but that’s not necessarily the case.

Off-topic, a word of warning. I don’t know whether you value your anonimity, but if you do, it may not be wise to let the world know that you live in , , near …

(If you like, I’ll edit my post to remove this location info. For now I post it, because if I can easily obtain that information, so can anyone else.)

Edit:
    Location info removed on request of jasonking92.

jasonking92

If you could please remove this info I’d be greatful, did you get the information from the geo tags on the images?

What does tongue scraping do? Remove the candida?

Floggi

Yes, I took the information from the geo tags. If you want to remain anonymous, it’s better either to instruct your Iphone not to store location info in the pictures, or to remove such information before posting the pictures on the Internet. What I did was simply open the picture in my viewer, and click on the link “Show in Google Maps” that my viewer presented.

Tongue scraping removes the deposits that accumulate on the tongue, often partly due to your natural bacteria. It does not remove candida.

Tongue scraping for two to three weeks is useful to find out if you have candida at all. If tongue scraping removes the whitishness, it were only deposits. If the withishness remains, it may be due to a different cause (either candida or something else). So it’s a good and easy first test.

Tongue scraping is advisable for anyone, regardless of candida. Removing the deposits also removes lots of bacteria, which in turn greatly reduces your chances of developing a bad mouth smell.

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

jasonking92;57168 wrote: If you could please remove this info I’d be greatful, did you get the information from the geo tags on the images?

What does tongue scraping do? Remove the candida?

Hi Welcome Jason,

Just ignore this Floggi person. He is the board court jester. He/She is a fraud and enjoys wasting their time mocking people suffering with a debilitating disease. Amazing what amuses small minded people.

Normally the moderators recommend trying the diet and see if you feel some relief from some of your symptoms. That could be a good indicator.

Do you have any of these other symptoms below?

Here is the list of symptoms on this website:

The Way You Feel

Inability to focus, Poor memory, Brain fog, Irritability, Anger, Dizziness, Depression, Crying spells, Panic attacks, Low libido, Persistent extreme fatigue, Hyperactivity, Cravings for sweets and alcohol, Insomnia, Poor coordination.

Your Digestive System

Acid reflux, Bloating, Flatulence, Nausea, Diarrhea, Constipation, Stomach cramps, Indigestion, Burping after meals, Mucus in stool, Hemorrhoids, Itching anus.

Your Skin

Acne, Cysts, Hives, Night sweats, Psoriasis, Eczema, Dermatitis, Fungal infections of the nails & skin, Athlete’s foot, Body odor.

Your Mouth

Thrush (white coating on tongue), Swollen lower lip, Halitosis, Metallic taste in mouth, Bad breath, Canker sores, Bleeding gums, Cracked tongue.

Your Respiratory System

Persistent cough, Mucus in throat, Sore throat, Sinus congestion, Chronic post-nasal drip, Flu-like symptoms, Hay fever symptoms, Sinusitis, Asthma.

Your Ears And Eyes

Eye pain, Itchy eyes, Sensitivity to light, Blurred vision, Bags under eyes, Ringing in the ears, Ear infections.

Your Genito-Urinary System

Recurring yeast infections, Recurring UTI’s (urinary tract infections), Cystitis (inflammation of the bladder), PMS & menstrual irregularities, Fungal rash.

Your Immune System

Frequent colds and flu, Allergies, Sensitivities to food, fragrances and chemicals.

Your Weight

Inability to lose weight, Water retention, Weight loss.

Other Symptoms

Headaches, Heart palpitations, Chronic body pain and/or joint pains, Muscle aches and stiffness.

and a questionare that may help as well.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/candidaquestionnaire.htm

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Wow its pretty weird that he would test out your image like that. Anyways, I don’t think tongue health has any diagnostic relationship with yeast. If you are going to embark on the diet, etc. and try to reverse this, I recommend doing testing first because this could be a 6-18 month journey to get better or longer.

-raster

CThomas
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

If you do have candida (or oral thrush) the classic symptom that will be displayed is white spots (which may also be joined together to form what’s called plaques). Of course it may not always appear as white spots, it may just appear as redness & sore to touch.

The symptoms you describe above could indicate candida but of course it could be something else..

I would recommend taking the Home Candida Saliva Test (it’s a pretty good indicator of whether or not you have candida). For further confirmation (if you need it), visit your doctor who can carry out further tests.

Here’s a blog post i wrote recently about [LINK REMOVED].

Claire

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

CThomas;57190 wrote: If you do have candida (or oral thrush) the classic symptom that will be displayed is white spots (which may also be joined together to form what’s called plaques). Of course it may not always appear as white spots, it may just appear as redness & sore to touch.

The symptoms you describe above could indicate candida but of course it could be something else..

I would recommend taking the Home Candida Saliva Test (it’s a pretty good indicator of whether or not you have candida). For further confirmation (if you need it), visit your doctor who can carry out further tests.

Here’s a blog post i wrote recently about how to take the home test.

Claire

The spit test is not accurate for diagnosis either!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6iryzPoBow

-raster

Floggi

kodaz2005;57183 wrote: Just ignore this Floggi person. He is the board court jester. He/She is a fraud and enjoys wasting their time mocking people suffering with a debilitating disease. Amazing what amuses small minded people.

There’s no reason at all for starting a personal attack and for such negativity.

All I did was make the OP aware that he was giving away personal information. My impression is that OP was grateful for me pointing that out. If OP takes issue, let him tell so, not you. And certainly not in such a pejorative tone.

In addition, I offered my thoughts on the looks of his tongue. That was my small attempt at providing some help. Should I apologize for trying to be helpful?

Please let’s all try to keep this forum a respectful area. Keep it clean and safe, and try not to be abusive.

kodaz2005;57183 wrote: Normally the moderators recommend trying the diet

Normally the moderators recommend being respectful to each other. 😉

jasonking92

Interesting stuff guys, I did the spit test and it looked positive. My main symptom developed from acid reflux which is being caused by bloating. I’ve sent off for a food intolerance test and a Candida stool test. So hopefully I’ll know within the next 10 days or so.

The Candida diet seems pretty strict and I don’t want to start it if I don’t have an overgrowth.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

jasonking92;57166 wrote: Here’s a picture of my tongue (sorry if you think this looks gross). Does this look like Candida?

My tongue looked exactly the same. So, you will likely have candida.
    I was able to find it out by taking an IgG test for candida. A stool test was negative for me.

jasonking92;57194 wrote: My main symptom developed from acid reflux which is being caused by bloating.

Bloating is usually caused by stomach acid deficiency. Try chew your food well. It’s recommended to do an acid test.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I think I have Candida, is the answer on my tongue?’ is closed to new replies.