I think I discovered I have candida……I NEED ADVICE

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice I think I discovered I have candida……I NEED ADVICE

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

marxoxoshizzle
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 14

I’m a 25 year old female who believes Candida is the cause of all her issues.

A few years ago, around 2008 or so, I had sex with a guy I was seeing who didn’t know he had chlamydia. I found out when I got my very first full blown yeast infection. When I went in to my OBGYN to get it looked at, they did some tests…Called me a few days later and said, by the way, you have chlamydia.

They gave me 1 pill to clear it up (I can’t remember what it was) and medication for the yeast infection.

It cleared up, but a few weeks or a month or so later I felt symptoms return. This then became a pattern. Prior to this I was able to have sex as much as I wanted and would not experience any infections or irritation of any sort.

Now I am in a relationship of 5 years and it sucks because I get a yeast infection almost EVERY single time I have sex. It used to be every few times, then every other time, now it is every single time. So just a month ago I got another infection and ran out of my usual prescription of Diflucan. I called my gyno and she told me that she couldn’t keep giving me antifungals for the rest of my life and reccommended I see a “holistic doctor.” She gave me the name to an acupuncturist I have been seeing me who has been treating me with herbal remedies. That was all good and well.

She claimed she could cure my “damp heat” (what they call candida or yeast) and after all of the research I have ever done, I was skeptical. So this past week I went in the gyno again to have my annual exam and asked if she could get me a lab order for a Candida antibodies blood test to be sure. Sure enough, I get a call today saying the test came back positive for it all in high levels.

Now I am unsure of what to do. I have done lots of research on these cell wall suppressors with little evidence that it works…Not many reviews out there unless I dig through forums like this one for hours.

I am curious about CandElim and the TotalFlora15 combination. I read good things about it but one person on here said it worked and then it stopped working a few weeks after the treatment was finished.

I cannot say whether or not my Candida is severe. I can list a few of the things I feel….

Overall extreme fatigue and lack of energy
    headaches every now and then
    severe allergies to grass that I didn’t always have (I can’t skip a day of Claritin-D now)
    recurring vaginal yeast infections
    decreased libido (although I attribute this to 10 years of oral birth control pills that I quite 4 months ago)
    foggy thinking and bad memory
    muscle weakness

So really I don’t feel terrible except for when I try to exercise, after I have sex (bc then I get an infection) and the fact that I don’t sleep WELL every single night and wake up often, sometimes sweating.

I have never been a regular pooper, although now I am taking these Juice Plus fruit & vegetable vitamins because I don’t eat either fruits or vegetables really…These vitamins are making me go to the bathroom every day if not every other day. Which is extremely regular for me, and I am happy about this.

But I want to know what you guys think I should try. Something that isn’t too complicated and requires a sort of plan that I can stick to. I am good at remembering to take things on a daily basis a few times a day if needed. The only thing I worry about with the cell wall suppressors and all that is that I am worried about the die-off I’ve been reading about. I am afraid to get really sick from it. Some people report no die-off or very mild, others so severe they can’t go to work. I cannot afford not to go to work obviously.

I would really like to try CandElim or products OF THE SAME type as that, that can kill the candida and such. So please, if you have tried any of these things I would like to know and how well it worked for you.

I don’t eat any fruits or vegetables at all, no. Instead I supplements with multivitamins by a company who makes something called JuicePlus. They are “the next best thing to fruits and vegetables.” And I have noticed a difference in my digestive health while taking in them because as I said in my post, I never go to the bathroom (#2) more than maybe 3 times a week if that. When I started taking the vitamins I started going every day if not every other day.

A normal day in what I eat usually consists of this:
    breafkast: A bowl of frosted mini wheats or frosted flakes cereal (I work in an office 8 hours a day M-F)
    lunch: usually skip this, if not I have a bowl of microwavable mac and cheese. on occasion I have pizza or Chinese food.
    Dinner: depends on the day. Either baked Chicken breasts, fried pork chops, usually with white rice or mashed potatoes.

I may go out to eat occasionally to Outback or something I usually just order steak and baked potato. So my diet consists of mostly meat items with whatever side item I choose, but it’s usually a potato type dish or pasta.

Every Wednesday I cook spaghetti & Meatballs for dinner.

is there ANY WAY I can change my diet without resorting to eating nothing but fruits and vegetables??? What people don’t understand about me is that I do not CHOOSE not to eat fruits or vegetables. I simply do not tolerate their taste.

I have not eaten fruits or vegetables probably since I was an infant, and that is not simply because I don’t want to. Because I do know just how important it is to have them in my diet…I just can’t stand them.

The only fruit I tolerate, and I say tolerate because they’re the only ones I’m willing to say, oh, this isn’t gross, are: peaches, pairs, mandarin oranges, nectarines.

So far those are the only fruits I can stand. As far as vegetables go? None. Zero. Zip. Zilch. There is not ONE vegetable I find tasty, appealing, delicious, or even remotely tolerable. They all make me gag. I don’t know why, or if I have overactive taste buds or what. Maybe I was a T-Rex in my past life, who knows.

As far as making sure I get enough calories through out the day, I can TRY this, but because I am so busy at work I just forget sometimes to stop and eat. Which is why most of the time I may only get by on 2 meals a day and a small snack in between. I can say that I do spend most of the day feeling hungry and sometimes even really light headed and starved…But I am so busy I don’t have time to stop and eat. I know I am killing myself this way so I really do want to change.

There just has to be a better way to take in the vegetables than by actually eating them. Especially not raw. I don’t want to taste them AT ALL.

I mostly eat chicken or pork and it’s always seasoned with garlic and oregano and vinegar. I am Puerto Rican, so my seasoning is the same for every meat type I prepare. I need a specific diet plan, and meal types that I can eat. When people tell me “eat greens” and just that, I am still lost, as that is not exactly enough for me to know what to cook or have on a daily basis. I need examples, or a list of foods I am allowed to eat vs. what I should not eat. The candida diets are very strict and difficult and basically eliminate any and all food that I eat regularly. Sorry, I know this is long, but please write back and tell me what you think.

I am currently taking Juice Plus garden and orchard blend, RAW probiotics that guarantee 100BILLION CFU of 32 strains I believe of good bacteria, Fem-Dophilus probiotic for feminine health.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

marxoxoshizzle;49496 wrote: They gave me 1 pill to clear it up (I can’t remember what it was) and medication for the yeast infection.

There is a huge chance that this was antibiotics.

marxoxoshizzle;49496 wrote: I read good things about it but one person on here said it worked and then it stopped working a few weeks after the treatment was finished.

It’s because diet and antifungals don’t make the candida go away. There are other things that you have to consider, like your internal ph levels for example.

marxoxoshizzle;49496 wrote: I don’t eat any fruits or vegetables at all, no. Instead I supplements with multivitamins by a company who makes something called JuicePlus. They are “the next best thing to fruits and vegetables.”

Supplements cannot replace vegetables.

marxoxoshizzle;49496 wrote: A normal day in what I eat usually consists of this:
    breafkast: A bowl of frosted mini wheats or frosted flakes cereal (I work in an office 8 hours a day M-F)
    lunch: usually skip this, if not I have a bowl of microwavable mac and cheese. on occasion I have pizza or Chinese food.
    Dinner: depends on the day. Either baked Chicken breasts, fried pork chops, usually with white rice or mashed potatoes.

I may go out to eat occasionally to Outback or something I usually just order steak and baked potato. So my diet consists of mostly meat items with whatever side item I choose, but it’s usually a potato type dish or pasta.

Every Wednesday I cook spaghetti & Meatballs for dinner.

The only thing that I see here that is allowed are chicken breast, if it would be organic and without additives. I also see a lot of processed foods and carbs.

marxoxoshizzle;49496 wrote: I have not eaten fruits or vegetables probably since I was an infant, and that is not simply because I don’t want to. Because I do know just how important it is to have them in my diet…I just can’t stand them.

The only fruit I tolerate, and I say tolerate because they’re the only ones I’m willing to say, oh, this isn’t gross, are: peaches, pairs, mandarin oranges, nectarines.

So far those are the only fruits I can stand. As far as vegetables go? None. Zero. Zip. Zilch. There is not ONE vegetable I find tasty, appealing, delicious, or even remotely tolerable. They all make me gag. I don’t know why, or if I have overactive taste buds or what. Maybe I was a T-Rex in my past life, who knows.

There just has to be a better way to take in the vegetables than by actually eating them. Especially not raw. I don’t want to taste them AT ALL.

Seriously, are you an adult? I’ve only seen children refusing to eat vegetables. I’m on the diet too and yes, there are some things I don’t like at all (like coconut oil), but I just take them because I have to.
    It seems to me that you have to change your taste, get used to more bitter things. Take a few drops of Swedish Bitters before every meal. After a while, try to eat some vegetables. If you don’t throw up, you will be fine and you can start the diet.

The diet you are talking about is not something light. There are no shortcuts or easy ways. You have to take it seriously. If not, you’re probably gonna be sick for the rest of your life.

Read the protocol for more information about the cleanse, the diet and antifungals/probiotics.

marxoxoshizzle

really? thanks for the advice but being rude by basically calling me a child isn’t the way to go here. i’m obviously seeking advice because i WANT to get better. i am aware of my problems and posted here because i want to change, and yes, i am an adult. i am 25 years old. my reasoning for not eating vegetables at all is simply because I DO NOT LIKE THEM. my dislike for them greatly outweighs my body’s need to have them. any time i try to eat them i gag or chew on them for half an hour. i can literally taste the -came out of the ground- flavor and i hate that.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

You’re gonna have to eat vegetables somehow, because it’s almost the only thing that you can eat in the beginning. Meats are also limited. Have you tried all vegetables?
    You can always try to eat soup or veggie juices.
    Also, a lot of spices and salt are allowed.

For the record, I didn’t call you a child.

marxoxoshizzle

No, I haven’t tried ALL vegetables. Just the ones I’ve been exposed to by whatever my parents were cooking or if my boyfriend orders something with stuff in it he always makes me try things. I’ve just never liked them. I wish that I didn’t feel that way because I do know how important they are. I know that taking supplements doesn’t replace them, but they are better than nothing. And they ARE working in the sense that, prior to taking them I was going #2 probably two times a week, now I barely miss a day and sometimes go twice a day.

I really want to try a candida diet, but I am afraid that the one Able900 uses is just a little too limited. It also lasts like an entire year. -Sigh- I am just at a loss and wish that there was ONE diet. Not 40million versions of them from random sites and people. I know what works for some may not work for others, but sheesh. Some of this junk is real complicated and I don’t want to mess up.

What do you do??

mylittlecam
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Have you tried a green smoothie? Totally different taste then eating a plate of veggies.

marxoxoshizzle

I have not, but i would definitely be willing to try it as long as it doesn’t taste like total sludge. Please, give me a recipe you reccommend that tastes pretty good!!! One of my vegan/vegetarian friends told me that she puts kale and spinach and all that yucky stuff in there but then throws in some peaches or apples for flavor. but those things have sugar…so i don’t know what to do!

mylittlecam
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I’m following Ann Boroch The Candida Cure which allows a small hand full of berries a day.

I don’t measure my stuff, so it’s kind of give and take. I use a powerful blender, so I make a big batch.

2 cups water or (I use water kefir for the probiotics)
    a bunch of spinach (I put a lot in mine – maybe start out small and build as you become accustomed to the taste)(as your taste become more accustomed you can switch this up by adding kale, broccoli, collards – you name it)
    1/4 – 1/2 avocado to make smooth(can switch to banana once you’re farther along on plan)
    tiny piece of lemon rind (this helps the iron absorb from the spinach)
    6 frozen strawberries
    stevia to sweeten.

The other thing you can do is juice your greens and if have too, plug your nose until you can handle it better, and just drink quickly. Drink on empty stomach to absorb the nutrients. Much better then fake stuff.

Good Luck:)

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here is my strict food list I created:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9282_Raster-s-safe-food-list.aspx

I would recommend sticking to this food list and taking a few specific supplements. You need something to support your liver to detox the toxins. You need to come up with a detox plan. You need a long term safe antifungal…the one I recommend the most is SF722 undecenoic acid. Check out the reviews, its a pretty powerful product.

You’ll also need a good strong probiotic. There is only one on the market that contains human derived strains of probiotic and its called HMF neuro. This is the most effective probiotic on the market in my opinion. The second most effective probiotic is one that contains the DDS-1 strain.

If you don’t like vegetables and do not consume them then you are going to have serious health problems in the future. You need the minerals, vitamins, and nutrients found within them to repopulate your beneficial gut flora. This is likely a very strong reason you are here in the first place. If you have mineral and vitamin deficiencies then this is a pathway to disease.

My recommendation: consider juicing vegetables and making smoothies out of them. Combine a bunch of stuff that is very healthy that you would not eat. For instance, combine kale, brazil nut, some berries, kefir, protein powder, celery, avocado, chard, etc. all into a smoothie. Drink it real fast and chug some water afterwards and it’ll go down easy. Make a few of these per day and you’ll get proper nutrition.

If you do not consume vegetables I do not think you will get better.

-raster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I think I discovered I have candida……I NEED ADVICE’ is closed to new replies.