I suspect candida, and any advice would be greatly appreciated

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice I suspect candida, and any advice would be greatly appreciated

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Floggi 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #117455

    emzie89
    Member
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 31

    Hi all,

    I am looking for some guidance and help, and hoping anyone can help. For the past 3 months i have been living with a 24/7 spaced out feeling that is ruining my life. I have sensitivity to light/sound. My light sensitivity is so bad that even bedroom lights are really hard for me to tolerate, and i often have to have to turn lights off, and resort to lamps with less bright lighting. Also highly sensitive to noise, even someone coughing can sound really loud to me and bothers my ears. I also have chronic post nasal drip, itchy ears, reoccurring vaginal yeast infections, terrible digestive issues (although i had digestive problems a few months before all these symptoms started), sore throat, constant dry mouth, which makes me thirsty, achy all over, especially my neck, shoulders, tingling in hands and feet, and temple headaches.I also have had urgency/frequency/burning while urinating. I have been to a urologist for this, who said there is microscopic blood in my urine. He did a cystoscopy to rule out anything serious, and said everything looked fine, but we still have not found the underlying cause for this problem. Watching tv, driving, and computer make this worse as i really have to concentrate, and react to certain foods. This all started when i found out i was pregnant in December, and a week previous to that i had some dental work done (The pregnancy was a bit of a surprise). I would start feeling spaced out every now and then and get mild headaches while pregnant, but it would come and go and was not constant. I put it down to hormones and pregnancy. A couple of weeks later i miscarried, and was fine for 3 weeks. Then, randomly out of nowhere one day the spaced out feeling came back, and has been constant since. I have had a ct scan which came back normal, celiac was negative, and diabetes and anemia were negative. I did see a gastro who prescribed me nystatin, as my stool sample came back with a little more yeast than usual. He did not explain to me about candida, or a diet, he just said to take the nystatin for 10 days, and it did not help at all. I actually wondered what too much yeast meant, and googled it and came to find candida, which i had no knowledge about beforehand. My questions are:

    1) Does this sound like yeast overgrowth? I mean it really sounds like what the issue is to me, but i don’t know if it is where to start

    2) Is it true people with only weakened immune systems have systematic candida, like those with HIV/AIDS/Cancer? I also have no history of recent antibiotic use before this occurred. Can pregnancy cause this?

    3) Why don’t doctors recognize this as a problem unless you have HIV/AIDS? This is seriously making me miserable. I had to drop out of my last semester because i cannot think straight, and my head is always foggy/and i feel constantly high. If candida is the problem, this is torture, and i don’t know how doctors don’t help people with this.

    4) What doctor can help me? I was talking to someone who said they to had all tests run for everything to come back normal, and when yeast was found through a doctor she went to, he prescribed diflucan. With the diet and meds, it completely cleared up and she felt normal again, but the problem was as soon as she finished the meds, it came right back.

    Can anyone offer me advice, and also do some people just never get cured from this? I can’t imagine living this way forever. My husband and i want to start a family, but i can’t feeling this way.

    #117460

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    emzie89;55976 wrote: Hi all,

    1) Does this sound like yeast overgrowth? I mean it really sounds like what the issue is to me, but i don’t know if it is where to start

    2) Is it true people with only weakened immune systems have systematic candida, like those with HIV/AIDS/Cancer? I also have no history of recent antibiotic use before this occurred. Can pregnancy cause this?

    3) Why don’t doctors recognize this as a problem unless you have HIV/AIDS? This is seriously making me miserable. I had to drop out of my last semester because i cannot think straight, and my head is always foggy/and i feel constantly high. If candida is the problem, this is torture, and i don’t know how doctors don’t help people with this.

    4) What doctor can help me? I was talking to someone who said they to had all tests run for everything to come back normal, and when yeast was found through a doctor she went to, he prescribed diflucan. With the diet and meds, it completely cleared up and she felt normal again, but the problem was as soon as she finished the meds, it came right back.

    Can anyone offer me advice, and also do some people just never get cured from this? I can’t imagine living this way forever. My husband and i want to start a family, but i can’t feeling this way.

    Im glad your addressing this, as you will MISERABLE if you start a family before getting this handled. You will be giving the baby your illness, as they will wind up with bad colic for months, pain, thrush, bleeding diaper rashes, its awful.

    My baby suffered, and not one doctor knew what the hell was going on. Not one.
    I was given antibiotics for a kidney infection during pregnancy.
    He had cradle-cap (candida)
    Thrush (candida)
    Bad diaper rash (candida)
    Colic that had him crying in agony for hours on end,everyday,no exception.

    I had to be treated with nystatin topically since I was nursing him.

    So….with all this said, where to start?

    After doing research, I totally freaked out thinking I contracted some deadly disease that made me immuno-compromised. I had jobs in my past that required testing, and to this day I test negative for HIV,hepatitis, and few others I cant pronounce.

    So why are we all getting yeast over-growth?

    For everyone its different.

    Some have high mercury or lead levels. That will cause yeast overgrowth according to research.
    Some have taken antibiotics,some quite a bit of antibiotics (thats my problem)
    Some have coupled a very poor diet with illness,which allowed for the vulnerability to yeast overgrowth.
    If you do some reading on this forum, you will see many many reasons.
    Bad nutrition,deficiencies, poisonings, different things can lower the immune system,
    including adrenal-burn-out and backed-up lymph.

    Your job is to detect your issues, and then one addressed, the candida will be easier to treat. It will take a year to take care of. If you get pregnant before then, it will not be fun for you or the baby.

    Doctors do NOT acknowledge this. I saw a regular MD and an ER doctor,both laughed me off.
    Thousands of dollars later, I want only for them both to get a bad candida infection,lol.

    Consider seeing a naturopathic doctor. They acknowledge candida overgrowth.
    My MD called herself “naturopathic” because she sold vitamins out of her office.
    Do your research and find one that isnt quick to throw pharmaceuticals at you, because most infections do not respond to them long-term.

    You CAN get better.It will just take time 🙂

    #117475

    emzie89
    Member
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 31

    Thank you so much for getting back to me! I just realized i posted in advice thinking it was asking for advice, but just realized it is for candida people to give advice. Do you possibly have an email i can reach you at for more advice? I couldn’t see a message button on there forums

    #117476

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    emzie89;55996 wrote: Thank you so much for getting back to me! I just realized i posted in advice thinking it was asking for advice, but just realized it is for candida people to give advice. Do you possibly have an email i can reach you at for more advice? I couldn’t see a message button on there forums

    [email protected] 🙂

    I will be gone for the afternoon, but will reply to you today for sure.

    Its awful to not know what is happening to you…the more you know, the less scary and frustrating it is.

    The more you read on this forum, I think the more you will feel like this is a common thing and not the ghost-illness that western medicine makes it out to be.

    I hated feeling that way. If I can be of value,email me.

    #117485

    TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

    emzie89;55976 wrote: My light sensitivity is so bad that even bedroom lights are really hard for me to tolerate, and i often have to have to turn lights off, and resort to lamps with less bright lighting.
    This all started when i found out i was pregnant in December, and a week previous to that i had some dental work done.

    Sensitivity to light is a symptom of mercury poisoning. Since you had some dental work done recently, it can point in that direction. Combined with a change of hormones, it can have pushed the candida ‘over the edge’.
    Do you have any blood results? (white blood cell count, hematocrit, ferritine, vitamin D, IgA, IgE, IgG, IgM, TSH)

    emzie89;55976 wrote: I would start feeling spaced out every now and then and get mild headaches while pregnant, but it would come and go and was not constant.

    Headaches can be a sign of adrenal insufficiency. Are you able to handle stress? When do you usually go to bed and when do you get up? Are you well rested when you wake up? Do you have low blood pressure?

    emzie89;55976 wrote: A couple of weeks later i miscarried, and was fine for 3 weeks.

    So sorry to hear this 🙁

    emzie89;55976 wrote: I did see a gastro who prescribed me nystatin, as my stool sample came back with a little more yeast than usual. He did not explain to me about candida, or a diet, he just said to take the nystatin for 10 days, and it did not help at all.

    Nystatin should only be used in case of emergency or for an acute candida infection. Doctors usually assume you have the acute form and prescribe nystatin and think it will be solved. Natural antifungals are usually more effective.

    emzie89;55976 wrote: Does this sound like yeast overgrowth? I mean it really sounds like what the issue is to me, but i don’t know if it is where to start

    Yeast overgrowth is very common in pregnant women. Your symptoms agree. My candida infection was discovered due to a high candida albicans antigen value (IgG). Do your symptoms temporarily get better if you eat something sweet?

    emzie89;55976 wrote: Is it true people with only weakened immune systems have systematic candida, like those with HIV/AIDS/Cancer? I also have no history of recent antibiotic use before this occurred. Can pregnancy cause this?

    Usually it does. Normally your body should be able to clean up the candida itself. But, this is a complicated topic and nobody seems to have a definitive answer to this question.
    Pregnancy and antibiotics use can definitely contribute to this.

    emzie89;55976 wrote: Why don’t doctors recognize this as a problem unless you have HIV/AIDS? This is seriously making me miserable. I had to drop out of my last semester because i cannot think straight, and my head is always foggy/and i feel constantly high. If candida is the problem, this is torture, and i don’t know how doctors don’t help people with this.

    I had the same problem. I failed all my exams during the summer.
    Doctors only treat diseases that have a pharmaceutical answer.

    emzie89;55976 wrote: What doctor can help me? I was talking to someone who said they to had all tests run for everything to come back normal, and when yeast was found through a doctor she went to, he prescribed diflucan. With the diet and meds, it completely cleared up and she felt normal again, but the problem was as soon as she finished the meds, it came right back.

    This is because candida is not really a disease on itself. It is more like a symptom of a sick body. Taking antifungals without adressing the real problem only suppresses the symptoms.
    A lot of things can not be seen in a blood test. For example, adrenal insufficiency can is very hard to diagnose via a blood test since cortisol levels should be different during the day. The best way to figure out what you have is to look at your symptoms. Most people have adrenal insufficiency and hypothyroidism. Search around (on the forum) to check if your symptoms agree.
    Blood tests usually only show things when something is seriously wrong (eg Addison’s disease).
    You should go find a naturopath. They usually understand how candida works and how it should be fixed. This is recommended but not necessary. If you don’t find a naturopath (lilke me), you’re kind of on your own which is perfectly feasible. It will only take longer. The closest I came to a naturopath is an allergist.

    emzie89;55976 wrote: Can anyone offer me advice, and also do some people just never get cured from this? I can’t imagine living this way forever. My husband and i want to start a family, but i can’t feeling this way.

    There are a few success stories on this forum. But curing chronic candida is hard, because you have to treat everything at once. An if you can’t find the underlying problem (in your case it can be the combination of antibiotics and pregnancy), you’re gonna have a hard time curing yourself.

    #117487

    emzie89
    Member
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 31

    I just don’t know how to find the cause. 4 months ago i was looking forward to our family, and graduating, and now i feel like i am dying or something. I can’t imagine how i could live with this forever. It is ruining my life. Sugar makes my symptoms 10 times worse!

    #117488

    ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

    emzie89;56008 wrote: I just don’t know how to find the cause. 4 months ago i was looking forward to our family, and graduating, and now i feel like i am dying or something. I can’t imagine how i could live with this forever. It is ruining my life. Sugar makes my symptoms 10 times worse!

    You said you had dental work done. Did you have any amalgam fillings removed? Amalgam fillings are 50% mercury, cause serious health problems, and are a very common cause for developing candida in addition to numerous other symptoms you listed such as sensitivity to light and sound.

    Check out the link below. If you have/had amalgam fillings this is the cause you will want to investigate. Even if you haven’t had any amalgams I still encourage you to investigate this issue.

    http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/

    #117493

    emzie89
    Member
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 31

    The dental work did not include amalgam fillings, although i do have 2 of them. However, i have had these 10+ years, so i am not sure why they would all of a sudden start producing symptoms now after so many years. What could of caused this to randomly flare up now? I keep reading about being seriously ill to have this happen, so it really worries me.

    #117494

    ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

    emzie89;56014 wrote: The dental work did not include amalgam fillings, although i do have 2 of them. However, i have had these 10+ years, so i am not sure why they would all of a sudden start producing symptoms now after so many years. What could of caused this to randomly flare up now? I keep reading about being seriously ill to have this happen, so it really worries me.

    The effects of mercury poisoning are often not felt immediately. It takes time to accumulate a toxicity. It is very common for negative effects to be delayed for quite some time, even decades, making it very difficult for many to identify the source of their health problems. This is why mercury poisoning goes so often undiagnosed.

    #117515

    Floggi
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

    emzie89;56014 wrote: The dental work did not include amalgam fillings, although i do have 2 of them. However, i have had these 10+ years, so i am not sure why they would all of a sudden start producing symptoms now after so many years. What could of caused this to randomly flare up now? I keep reading about being seriously ill to have this happen, so it really worries me.

    The effects of amalgams on the amount of mercury in the body have been studied over and over again. No effect was ever found.

    This means that your observation is correct: you’ve had those fillings for many years, and (of course) they never caused problems – and they never will cause problems.

    Since there is so much scaremongering since the Internet allowed such fear to spread faster then ever before, even more very detailed studies have been performed. Researchers even went so far as to resort to the best testing method available: they took samples of almost all organs of deceased persons (who, of course, allowed this in their will), to rigorously measure the amount of mercury in their bodies.

    The result of this study: there is no relation whatsoever between the amount of amalgam fillings and the number of years these fillings have been in the mouth, and the amount of mercury in whichever body organ.

    There is also no relation whatsoever between the amount of amalgam fillings and the number of years these fillings have been in the mouth, and the complaints or illnesses that were reported by the deceased before they died.

    As usual, you only need to follow the money. Who would benefit from an amalgam scare? The answer is obvious: those dentists who offer the (generally expensive) replacement of amalgam fillings with composite fillings.

    Luckily, most dentists adhere to scientific findings, and they keep the best interest of their patients in mind. These responsible dentists do not go after the big easy money. A minority, though, does go for big easy bucks, and they offer needless and useless interventions. Please stay sane. Don’t fall for them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I suspect candida, and any advice would be greatly appreciated’ is closed to new replies.