I Really Need Help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice I Really Need Help

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  BeccaJR 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

BeccaJR
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 19

Here is a link to one of my first posts regarding my medical history http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst10279_Newbie–Advice-Greatly-Appreciated.aspx

I tried to keep it as brief as possible while still covering all of my bases.

I have been on the ACD for 8 weeks now following Raster’s Strict Diet. After a few days on the diet my energy became non-existent. A nutritionist has told me this is very common on the diet as the diet alone will cause some die off. I began receiving vitamin I.V’s after 2 weeks on the diet and am currently receiving 30g of vit. C weekly. At first the I.V’s made me feel a lot better, but now they have little affect on me.

I have had 4 colonics to help flush my system. I have restarted my enemas this past week doing at least 3 a week with chlorella and bentonite.

My supplements:
    -Bentonite
    -Liquid Vitamin suuplement (naka)
    -Raw adrenal concentrate (new roots)
    -Magnesium citrate (now)
    -L-glutamine

However, I am at a standstill. For over 2 weeks now I have been very low functioning. I am hardly able to walk some days, or even talk. I wake up and go to sleep with horrible headaches and sensitivity to light. I have severe pains in my neck and ears and have begun getting chest pains on a regular basis. I have also been feeling very depressed lately. I can’t work or go out or do anything due to my physical health and it is really getting to me mentally, as you can imagine.

I do not know if these symptoms are die off or not. My body is very sensitive and I haven’t been able to be strong enough to do a full-throttle Candida cleanse or detox and have been advised against it by my nutritionist because I am weak and have very serious reactions which are unmanageable (neurological symptoms being my biggest struggle).

Do you think what I am going through is die off? Perhaps something more?

Is there anything else that can be recommended to me?

I really need the help and support. This is just getting so frustrating. I took 3 steps forward only to take 10 steps backwards. I have seen naturopathic doctors, nutritionists, iridologists and doctors galore and it feels like this isn’t really going anywhere.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

BeccaJR;57111 wrote: Here is a link to one of my first posts regarding my medical history http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst10279_Newbie–Advice-Greatly-Appreciated.aspx

I tried to keep it as brief as possible while still covering all of my bases.

I have been on the ACD for 8 weeks now following Raster’s Strict Diet. After a few days on the diet my energy became non-existent. A nutritionist has told me this is very common on the diet as the diet alone will cause some die off. I began receiving vitamin I.V’s after 2 weeks on the diet and am currently receiving 30g of vit. C weekly. At first the I.V’s made me feel a lot better, but now they have little affect on me.

I have had 4 colonics to help flush my system. I have restarted my enemas this past week doing at least 3 a week with chlorella and bentonite.

My supplements:
    -Bentonite
    -Liquid Vitamin suuplement (naka)
    -Raw adrenal concentrate (new roots)
    -Magnesium citrate (now)
    -L-glutamine

However, I am at a standstill. For over 2 weeks now I have been very low functioning. I am hardly able to walk some days, or even talk. I wake up and go to sleep with horrible headaches and sensitivity to light. I have severe pains in my neck and ears and have begun getting chest pains on a regular basis. I have also been feeling very depressed lately. I can’t work or go out or do anything due to my physical health and it is really getting to me mentally, as you can imagine.

I do not know if these symptoms are die off or not. My body is very sensitive and I haven’t been able to be strong enough to do a full-throttle Candida cleanse or detox and have been advised against it by my nutritionist because I am weak and have very serious reactions which are unmanageable (neurological symptoms being my biggest struggle).

Do you think what I am going through is die off? Perhaps something more?

Is there anything else that can be recommended to me?

I really need the help and support. This is just getting so frustrating. I took 3 steps forward only to take 10 steps backwards. I have seen naturopathic doctors, nutritionists, iridologists and doctors galore and it feels like this isn’t really going anywhere.

What kind of antifungal are you taking ??

Jorge.

BeccaJR

I’m not taking an anti-fungal at this time. I was advised against it because I was already getting so sick from the diet that it might be too much for me.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What is your diet like? Are you constipated? How is your sleep?

I recommend considering acupuncture and/or trying other supplements. Can you tolerate liver cleansing herbs?

I think you are simply adjusting from a high energy diet to a low energy diet. If you consumed foods with certain bad carbs or sugar, you likely would feel a bunch better energy-wise.

Chamomile tea is something that I drink instead of coffee. It is antifungal and promotes digestion also. If you steep it longer than 7 minutes then it gives you energy vs. making you sleepy.

Certain foods give you a lot of energy. Rutabega, pumpkin, coconut oil, flax, teff, etc. give you a ton of healthy energy. It could come down to you not developing a good enough diet, atleast right now.

-raster

BeccaJR

My diet is really good in my opinion.

I eat a maximum of 2 eggs per days (they are my main source of protein and they do not constipate me). I eat a variety of vegetables eggplant, rutabaga, celery, onions, zucchini etc. and those are the foundation of my diet. I bake with almond or coconut flour (I don’t eat buckwheat as I haven’t found a good enough source to be certified gluten-free since my Celiac’s is very sensitive). I eat at least a tablespoon of coconut oil per day through cooking or using it raw in smoothies. I also eat at least 2 tablespoons of chia, hemp and flaxseeds daily. I have tested these all and they do not irritate me.

Prior to the ACD I was paleo and off of refined sugars for about 10 months. The only sugars I had previously consumed were from fruits, maple syrup or honey (from our own bee hives) and those were eaten minimally. I felt a lot better on the low-carb diet, probably due to grains irritating the Celiacs.

At the moment I take a tincture made from Apple Cider Vinegar with fennel seed, orange peel, ginger and dandelion. I also drink a glass of warm water with lemon and this tincture every morning before anything else. I also incorporate teas made from milk thistle, dandelion root and burdock root, but find I can only drink these minimally. If I come on too strong on my liver I get far worse, I think my body is very poisoned. Whenever I used to eat chia seeds I would get sick because I was so toxic, but after doing some enemas I was able to eat them.

I am not constipated and have about 4 bm’s per day thanks to taking magnesium citrate. Also I sleep like a rock. Wake up in the morning not feeling rested at all though. If I could I would sleep all day.

lolcandida
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 32

If eggs are your main protein source you should be eating at least 6 per day, more like 10. Elaborate more on your diet it is very possible you are just malnourished. Your symptoms do not sound like die off which you should not really be happening much from a good diet change you should notice a decrease in symptoms not an increase. Die off mainly occurs immediately after or shortly following intake of an anti fungal and should not last multiple days.

NorwayDude
    Replies: 1

Hi Becca!

Candidiasis is a very difficult topic. And I’ve been struggling with this for 5-6 years by now. And sometimes its been real intense. They say Candidiasis ( candida ) does not produce so much symptoms in males as in females, because of basic physiology. But I’ve had it all.
    I’ve taken loads of self evaluation tests both with :
    * the yeast connection, william crook http://www.yeastconnection.com/index.html
    * Ann Boroch’s ”candida cure”. This book is recommended!
    * Dr Whiting’s self evaluation. candidaclinic.org. This page is also highly recommended.

In my opinion, based in everything I’ve tried and experienced over the years, It’s a lot of misconception regarding this topic. First of all, many of the diets I see presented with people in this forum and other places are very difficult to follow. And they’re also very nutrient deficient. Secondly, candidiasis and candida starts in the gut – and It impairs gut absorption. So as you can see, it’s all downhill from here unless you start to fight back.

And It’s not done overnight, but you’ll see results pretty quick If you are dilligent.

Okay, anyways – based on what I’ve read throughout the years and experienced myself by trying out, this is what I’ve had best experience with. I’ll outline this in 8 simple points:

1. Avoid any type of quick sugars ( sugar, honey, molasses, syrup and so forth) . Don’t be so strict about rice, potatoes and these types of things. They still have some valuable nutrients in them.
    2. Most people with candidiasis struggle with gluten, dairy or both. The best thing is to avoid both of them – but if thats difficult – avoid gluten 100% (wheat, barley, rye and oats) and avoid all types of milk. Cheese and butter is OK.
    3. You Must supplement!! Even though malnutrition isn’t necessary the root cause ( most likely its overuse of steroids, birth control and antibiotics ) it will certainly make it worse. My recommendation is this: use a good multivitamin, extra vitamin C( 1-2 grams a day ), omega 3 (2 grams a day) and a colloidal liquid trace mineral complex ( i recommend TJ Clark, phonix nutritionals or Youngevity. ) AND, Always take your supplements with food.
    4. In the case of candidiasis, malabsorption is a problem – because not only does candidiasis create low stomach acid in most people which impairs protein digestion – it also creates intestine problems which ecxarbates these problems further. Thats the reason why dairy and gluten often times is problematic for candida sufferers. I recommend taking a full spectrum digestive enzyme supplements, preferably something like Now Super enzymes, Doctors best Digestive enzymes, Houston Tri Enza or Twinlab Super Enzymes. Take 1-2 per meal , depending on severity of gastric problems. Try eating three full meals a day ( breakfast, lunch and dinner ) and avoid snacking in between.
    5. Caffeine is a problem, because usually your adrenals are stressed out from the candidiasis. Avoid coffee, espresso and black tea. Green tea and white tea OK (caffeine contents much lower ). Do not drink after 3 in the afternoon, this will ruin or disturb your sleep. Herbal teas are also great.
    6. The literature revolving candidiasis and hydrogen peroxide shows posistive results. Infact, Dr Whiting says candida is anaerobic in nature ( without oxygen ) so food grade hydrogen peroxide formulas will help. NB: Only use 35 % food grade hydrogen peroxide. I recommend Dr Whitings product ”Oxy aloe”. This will take out all candidiasis. You might need 2 flushes. One flush costs about 400-500 dollars. Read this at candidaclinic.org. He’s done loads of research on this. It will definitely be worth the money.
    7. You must make sure you get enough Calcium and magnesium everyday , or else your sleep and insomnia will be worse. These minerals are very important. I recommend Youngevity’s OsteoFX powder. This is the best there is. Take with meals.
    8. Relax and don’t stress. The results will come pretty fast with this program. It sounds extensive, but it is not really very difficult.

A typical day will look like this:
    1. Take 2 ounces Oxyaloe half an hour before breakfast – eat ex. 2-3 eggs with cooked vegetables,brown rice or potatoes. Gluten free oatmeal is also ok. Take the supplements with the meal ( multi, C, Omega 3 and liquid calcium)
    2. Lunch : take 2 ounces oxyaloe half an hour before lunch. eat glutenfree, lactose and sugarfree.
    3. Dinner: take 2 ounces oxyaloe half an hour before dinner. Glutenfree, lactose and sugarfree meal.(take C, omega 3 and liquid calcium with this).
    4. Drink 1-2 cups of water/ herbal tea in between every meal.

Get well soon!!

BeccaJR

Thank you NorwayDude and lolcandida for your responses.

As far as the protein goes I also make baked goods with coconut flours, use a lot of high protein seeds like flax, chia and hemp and every other day I eat meats like chicken and every now and then beef (all meats are from our neighbour’s or from our own farm, hormone and antibiotic free). Eggs are a consistent protein in my diet, farm fresh from my own chickens.

I don’t know what to say my typical diet is like, but it involves eggs in the morning with eggplant or coconut flour crackers, chicken or mixed veggies at lunch, and more vegetables at dinner. I mix in protein smoothies with coconut milk and mixed seeds or coconut yogurt with mixed seeds. I have tested all of these foods and none of them irritate me or exacerbate my symptoms.

I am following those guidelines without some of the supplements since I have adverse reactions to most, however with my stomach being super sensitive from Celiac I haven’t eaten grains in over a year (been on the ACD for over 2 months now). I tried introducing in oatmeal but my belly got so bloated, it swelled up to the size of a pregnant belly. Thank you for the tips, I’ll see what else I might be able to introduce. I am already using regularly: aloe, magnesium citrate, liquid multi, raw adrenal, B-Complex, chlorella, electrolyte hydrator with added vitamin C, bitters tincture for my liver and colon support. I also integrate a lot of coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and cinnamon into my diet along with herbs like peppermint, oregano, cayenne, cloves etc.

I’ve recently consulted a naturopathic doctor in my area and am waiting for test results for Lyme which was sent down to the States.(I am in Canada and I would have better results in getting efficient testing if I were a dog). I am having severe neurological symptoms which seem to be more than what just Candida would cause. Candida and Lyme do to go hand in hand, and I know I do have Candida, just need to make sure I have an appropriate diagnosis.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One thing I would consider removing is the chlorella which is a chelator supplement…this can cause all sorts of problems too.

I also would look into mercury toxicity and consider that someday too. You likely can’t handle it right now I am guessing.

-raster

linulPA
    Replies: 3

Hi, Becca, hope you feeling better, if you feeling worse on bentonine, it is strong chelating agent and pulls out not just candida toxins, but all other toxins including heavy metals and can make people very sick.. ask your dr to stop it, ask if you can use use very low dose capryl or Nystatin pills and increase dose gradually

BeccaJR

I removed chlorella from my regime and there was no change even after 1 1/2 weeks.

I just found out I have Lyme disease, so I am following through with the Cowden protocol with the help of a naturopath since there are no Lyme-literate medical doctors in my province with only 3 Lyme literate doctors (mostly naturopaths) in all of Canada as recognized by the International Lyme Association. Ridiculous.

Thank you for all of your help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I Really Need Help’ is closed to new replies.