I need oat bran help please – brand and do I soak it?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I need oat bran help please – brand and do I soak it?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kris8 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kris8
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 15

I am having difficulty finding Gluten free oat bran. i see that Bobs mill sells one but my stores dont carry it and I cant find it in stock online. I do not have celiac disease but have been GF for 3 years while I do my healing. Im curious what brand are people using and has anyone had problems with reg. oat bran not specified as GF? What is everyone using?

Also TO soak or not to soak the oat bran? I soak and sprout all my grains but this is just the bran and im not sure if the phytonutrients are in the bran or in the rest of the oat. Are you guys soaking your oat bran?

Thank you!!

Kris8

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t believe you will find a gluten free oat bran; it should not contain much gluten so it shouldn’t set you back much, if at all. I’ve only found benefit from it. Gluten isn’t the main enemy, its the sugars, molds, starches, etc.

I don’t soak it either.

-raster

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

I’ve been GF for several years and I eat Bob’s Red Mill organic oat bran almost every day without any problems. I don’t soak it.

Kris8
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 15

Thanks guys! Reg. Oat bran is easier to come by. Ill give it a try.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘I need oat bran help please – brand and do I soak it?’ is closed to new replies.