I Need Help… Can't Do This Alone.

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals I Need Help… Can't Do This Alone.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Pattinoo 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

CandiGirl
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

Hello everyone,
    I’ve finally come to grips with the fact that my life will never be the same. I have severe Candida, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue. Yeah, I’m a mess! I’ve probably gained 20 plus lbs over the last 6 months. I’m limited when it comes to exercise because of the Fibro but my inactivity is only part of my weight problem. I’ve been tested and the Candida is all over my body even my brain… inflammation and bloating everywhere. I don’t know what to do. Well I do, kinda. I just can’t seem to do it. I keep trying to do the Candida diet only to fail each time. At this moment I’m so disappointed in myself because I was doing well since Sunday (5 days) only to binge on some chocolate cookies that my husband had in the cupboard. I ate like 10!!! I just couldn’t stop. I really need some direction and support. I hope and pray that this forum will help me. Seriously, I can’t do this alone and I want to heal more than anything else. I just don’t understand why I can’t my concur this. I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired 🙁 Please help if you can. I’m desperate.
    Thanking you in advance.
    CandiGirl

Allira
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

Oh you poor thing! I’ve been where you are many many many times (with previous diets)

I did the candida diet for about 8 weeks in July, got excellent results, then thought I can handle anything, ate some chocolate, then bread, then went back to my old ways and after a few months… all my symptoms returned 🙁

This time around I have accepted that, although I don’t plan to stay on the strict diet forever, I can’t eat any of my favourites (CHOCOLATE) anymore and I am in fact allergic to them 🙁 sugar is so addictive, for me its like smoking, i can’t just have one puff (or bite in the case of sugar), I end up addicted. (in fact i found giving up cigarettes easier than I ever have with sugar!!)

I’m not sure exactly if I have a candida infestation, I’m doing this diet for psoriasis, which apparently can be really helped by anti candida diets. It definitely helped me last time, and already at the end of week 2 my skin is looking better. What keeps me going and stops me from eating (and I have 2 young boys so trust me, temptation is around all the time!) is the discomfort of psoriasis and the embarrassment physically, i remind myself how awful it feels, and that no tasty treat is worth feeling like shite all the time! And also the thought of going back to square one with the detox and die off is enough to keep me on track!

If I was you I would ask hubby to hide any treats like the chocolate biscuits away from you. Good luck!

Tina
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I feel your pain! I agree with the previous comment that it is really important to keep your eyes on the prize. Living with chronic fatigue and pain in addition to other candida symptoms is no way to live. I have a very similar situation to you with symptoms and it became so debilitating that I had no choice. It is my third week and it is really tough but worth the reward. The best thing that I have found is to be prepared. Have acceptable snacks availble so that you don’t feel tempted to cheat. There are grain free cracker recipes on elanaspantry that are great with nut butter. Also her almond flour pancakes are great…I add cinnamon for a sweeter flavor. Cocnut yogurt ( homemade) is simple and rich it’s like a desert. I know it’s scary but the reward is so worth it. Take it one day at a time and prepare yourself with recipes. Good luck to you! You can do it! Keep imagining your life pain free with lots of energy. 🙂

CandiGirl
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

Thank you both so very much! @Allira, sugar really is addictive! I’ve been in denial. I realize now that I’m an addict. (You know what they say about the first step to recovery… maybe I’m on my way) I will definitely ask my husband to help me out by not leaving his snacks in the house, great suggestion. So, no chocolate ever, huh? WOW! This is going to be such a challenge. I’m up for it, though. I want to heal. @Tina, you know that’s exactly where I messed up. I forgot to bring my snack and got way too hungry. When I returned home I went crazy. I must be prepared at all times. Thanks for the info. I will check out those recipes. I’m doing my best to imagine myself healthy. You know, I used to be SO good at visualizing and creating things in my life. But, I can’t lie, since being hit with these illnesses 3 years ago it’s been DIFFICULT to see anything good happening for me, especially being in good health. At times, I wonder if I’ll ever be. People use to say the I was the most positive person they knew. Now, I’m sure I’m the most negative. My faith and confidence in myself is weak. But,I will continue to try. Thanks again for your support, ladies. I truly appreciate it. You don’t know how happy I feel to know that there are people who understand and don’t just think I’m nuts! 🙂

blancorivergirl
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

A friend shared this quote by anonymous that I just love,

“Don’t sacrifice what you want most for what you want now.”

This quote has helped me in those times of weakness. I want more than anything to be rid of this candida and leaky gut. I will eat any kind of diet that I think will help. I’ve been eating mainly just veggies, meat., quinoa and lentils. The snack that helps alleviate sugar cravings is raw cashew butter on brown rice cakes. That is about the only thing that does the trick. I’ve been following this diet for over 10 months and I’ve seen some improvement, but not as much as I’d like. I still get horrible pain in my back and legs. I still get overwhelmingly tired and I still have brain fog and lethargy. Looking at this forum makes me realize that there are still many avenues to pursue such as checking into the mercury poisoning aspect. Thank you everyone that is participating here. It is so nice to have a support group.

Pattinoo
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 50

Hang in there. I’m doing my best to. Got a full time job and a 4 year old and my work had been starting to be affected by my lethargy pain and fatigue. Hit the point where I had no choice. Also, tired of telling my daughter, mommy can’t do that she doesn’t feel well, too tired, etc. I push through much of it but there is a limit and I just want to be a healthy happy, mommy again. I want to be healthy for a long long time for my little girl.

@blancoriver – Great quote, thanks for sharing…

@Tina – are you in week 3 after the cleanse?

I’m glad to talk to some empathetic women who understand…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I Need Help… Can't Do This Alone.’ is closed to new replies.