I NEED carbs, please assist!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I NEED carbs, please assist!

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  tmi 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

ants
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

Hey all,

So I’m looking to go on the candida diet for a total of 6 weeks but here is the thing…

I’ve just joined a gym and started putting on muscle mass. Could you please let me know a good carb I cab eat? I’ve heard even brown rice is out of the equation, how about buckwheat? Please note I avoid Gluten!

I really need as many carbs as I can get. Please please suggest one carb, I don’t care about the taste! Just need it for 6 weeks.

Thanks,

Ants

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You picked the wrong time to join a gym because you will need every bit of energy to heal your immune system and not build muscle mass. And you should plan on a 6-18 month recovery if you have candida overgrowth…

-raster

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

ants;49796 wrote: So I’m looking to go on the candida diet for a total of 6 weeks but here is the thing…

So, you’re gonna do this diet for 6 weeks and then what? Go back to your old habits?
    This will not work. You have to continue with the diet and build things up.

ants;49796 wrote: I’ve just joined a gym and started putting on muscle mass. Could you please let me know a good carb I cab eat? I’ve heard even brown rice is out of the equation, how about buckwheat? Please note I avoid Gluten!

I really need as many carbs as I can get. Please please suggest one carb, I don’t care about the taste! Just need it for 6 weeks.

You won’t have energy to go to the gym. Even going to the shop is a challenge in the beginning of the diet. Have you done this diet before?
    Going to the gym is not really a good idea for the first few weeks.
    After week five, I was able to go to the gym. Now, I’m on week 10 and I’m able to go to the gym twice a week.

You don’t need much carbs to put on muscle mass. I’m sure you can live with only veggies and proteins.
    Carbs you can try are coconut flour, oat bran and buckwheat. But you should only start eating them after week two on the diet. Try them one by one, just a few bites in the beginning and build it up.

ants

raster;49798 wrote: You picked the wrong time to join a gym because you will need every bit of energy to heal your immune system and not build muscle mass. And you should plan on a 6-18 month recovery if you have candida overgrowth…

-raster

The period you need to be on the candida diet seems to be debated all over the net.

Sorry to sound brash but there’s no way I’m doing it for more than 6 weeks. It’s the most boring, depressing (genuinely) diet I’ve ever done.

Have I done it before? Yes, I’ve done it for 2 weeks and then stopped.

Your point re the gym, I appreciate. Please do keep in mind that there are many studies out there which show exercise actually improves the immune system.

This also sounds pathetic but I’m 24, single and enjoy going out at the weekends. 6 weeks without that = a long time for me!

Sorry if I sound as if I can’t be arsed etc but for me 6 weeks on this diet is as much I can mentally take.

Thank you so much with your carbs suggestions – not sure what I’d do with the coconut flour? If you have any more suggestions, I’d LOVE to hear them.

One final point, can I take some supplements whilst on the diet? Ginger/ Garlic / Anti-histimines

TheChosenOne
    Participant

ants;49814 wrote: The period you need to be on the candida diet seems to be debated all over the net.

The period you need to be on the diet is as long as you are not cured.

ants;49814 wrote: Sorry to sound brash but there’s no way I’m doing it for more than 6 weeks. It’s the most boring, depressing (genuinely) diet I’ve ever done.

This also sounds pathetic but I’m 24, single and enjoy going out at the weekends. 6 weeks without that = a long time for me!

Sorry if I sound as if I can’t be arsed etc but for me 6 weeks on this diet is as much I can mentally take.

That’s true. Buck up! Everyone has to go through the same diet.

ants;49814 wrote: Thank you so much with your carbs suggestions – not sure what I’d do with the coconut flour? If you have any more suggestions, I’d LOVE to hear them.

You can make coconut bread with it.

ants;49814 wrote: One final point, can I take some supplements whilst on the diet? Ginger/ Garlic / Anti-histimines

Yes.

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

ants;49814 wrote:

You picked the wrong time to join a gym because you will need every bit of energy to heal your immune system and not build muscle mass. And you should plan on a 6-18 month recovery if you have candida overgrowth…

-raster

The period you need to be on the candida diet seems to be debated all over the net.

Sorry to sound brash but there’s no way I’m doing it for more than 6 weeks. It’s the most boring, depressing (genuinely) diet I’ve ever done.

Have I done it before? Yes, I’ve done it for 2 weeks and then stopped.

Your point re the gym, I appreciate. Please do keep in mind that there are many studies out there which show exercise actually improves the immune system.

Thank you so much with your carbs suggestions – not sure what I’d do with the coconut flour? If you have any more suggestions, I’d LOVE to hear them.

One final point, can I take some supplements whilst on the diet? Ginger/ Garlic / Anti-histimines

To be completely honest, If you’re only going to do the diet for 6 weeks you’re probably better off not wasting your time, there’s a reason you have candida overgrowth(poor diet/antibiotics) and it’s a slow process to correct it. Light exercise is good yes, as it gets the blood flowing which helps the lymphatic system to flow as well. Heavy excersize compromises and stresses the immune system, I was really into working out.
    I worked out 2 hours a day, lifting VERY heavy that whole time with no breaks, I ate 5,000 calories a day and look where I am now(+a slew of antibiotics)

ants

I’ve read many reports of people having success by doing the diet for a month / 5/6 weeks so that’s what I’m gonna do!

Any other carb suggestions please? Dreading the weight I’m going to lose…

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t know where you are reading about people being cured in 6 weeks but its not gonna happen unless you have a fecal transplant or get prescription antifungals.

If you think you can heal the body while building body mass this is not the best mindset to have.

It sounds like you are not very serious about getting better. You’ll just reverse the 6 weeks on the diet in less than a week afterwards if you continue to eat things like wheat, corn, dairy, etc. that constipate you and benefit the yeast. What supplements and food items are you planning to eat?

-raster

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

ants;49814 wrote: The period you need to be on the candida diet seems to be debated all over the net.

That’s correct. The reason is that there is no such thing as “the” candida diet. There are many different opinions. In addition, what’s considered “best” is highly dependent on local culture.

As an example of the latter, it seems that the majority of forums in the USA state that one needs to increase stomach acid, so people even use HCl supplements. In Europe, the majority of forums goes exactly the opposite way, seeking to reduce stomach acid by drinking alkaline water.

Of course, both “remedies” are useless, but this one example shows that one can always find the “best” approach that, in reality, only confirms one’s existing opinions. Anyway, this explains why those who look with a broad view see lots of debate, whereas those who settled with just one opinion (usually their own pre-existing opinion) do not see debate at all.

ants;49814 wrote: Please do keep in mind that there are many studies out there which show exercise actually improves the immune system.

Correct. Exercise, even mild exercise, greatly aids the immune system, the whole rest of the body, and the mind, bringing one from a downward spiral to an upward spiral.

My own bodily condition, and certainly my immune system, greatly benefited when I started to do some exercise. So did my resilience to illness and to mentally feeling down. I even improved from always being among the last panting 5%, to easily surpassing my peers when it comes to strength and endurance.

ants

Thanks guys. So I’m prepping for my diet having purchased probiotics and anti-fungals.

My aim is to still eat 100g of protein a day (this is essentially going to have to be nothing but organic chicken for 6 weeks)

I’ve ordered a new protein supplement which is 100% hemp powder. Has 14g of protein per scoop compared to the 24 of my current one…

Can I eat tinned tuna on this diet? On the carb from, is it okay to have buckwheat every other day? It’s going to be chicken and broccoli on most days.

Like i say, i’ll be doing this for 42 days. No more, no less.

Thanks!

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

Tinned tuna, or any tuna for that matter is not recommended by any means on this diet. Reason being you should avoid large fish (tuna, cod…) that have long lifespans. They increase the possibility of heavy metal contamination (which the Candida love).
    Ideally you should try tinned anchovies, fresh (wild caught is best) salmon or herring.

Good plan on the buckwheat, you shouldn’t have it everyday, but every other day I’m sure is fine.

Try to not have chicken every day just in case.
    Try alternating between meat/protein sources because you could create more problems and most of us on the diet try to rotate food sources as much as possible to prevent leaky gut sensitivities.

TheChosenOne
    Participant

If the fish is cultivated in aqua culture, then there is obviously no problem.

Edit: Canned fish can contain mold since most canned fish is smoked, so be careful with that.

ants

Thanks guys. Could you please confirm I’m good with the hemp protein?

I’m looking to have 3 scoops a day which = 42g of protein and 21g of carbs.

When you say fresh salmon, does that mean i have to buy it from the fishmonger? Not sure what other good vegetables I can have, broccoli?

Are avocados okay? Got a MASSIVE tub of coconut oil today 🙂

ants

TheChosenOne
    Participant

ants;49894 wrote: Thanks guys. Could you please confirm I’m good with the hemp protein?

I’m looking to have 3 scoops a day which = 42g of protein and 21g of carbs.

When you say fresh salmon, does that mean i have to buy it from the fishmonger? Not sure what other good vegetables I can have, broccoli?

Are avocados okay? Got a MASSIVE tub of coconut oil today 🙂

What kind of carbs? If it is fiber, I think it will be fine. Shelled hemp seeds normally contain ~1/10 carbs (almost all fiber) and ~1/3 protein. You can eat as much as you want from it (or at least the shelled hemp seeds).
    Fresh doesn’t mean that you have to catch the fish yourself. It means that it has to be stored in a natural way (concerning the conservatives). Almost all vegetables are allowed. For a list, see here. Broccoli is an excellent choice.

ants;49896 wrote: Also, do these look okay guys?

http://www.healthysupplies.co.uk/infinity-foods-organic-buckwheat-groats-500g.html

Yes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I NEED carbs, please assist!’ is closed to new replies.