I need advise

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I need advise

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hope 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tabbyturtle
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Im on this diet because i get bladder/yeast infections all the time due to being on a ton of anti-biotics. Im on stage two and just got a bladder infection. Ive been taking but switching my grape seed excrate and caprylic acid, and now that I have a bladder infection Ive chopped up raw garlic and ive been taking that. I also have really bad diarriha. If anyone could give me advise on if this is normal and I should bare thru it or if I should get on anti-biotics again and start over? Any advise is welcomed!

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Hi, there 🙂 I’m pregnant and, although I’d suspected candida in the past, when I had to go on an antibiotic for a UTI early on in this pregnancy, candida skin rashes and oral thrush made their presence known! The first round of antibiotics didn’t get the infection, either, so guess what. Yup – more antibiotics. I *never* take antibiotics! I just hate that I needed them, but you do what you have to do. Anyway, you can help your system out quite a lot when you’re on an antibiotic. The second round (which got it, by the way, yay!) I really went crazy with drinking water. I literally drank 5 liters a day. I know, that’s a lot of water! But, I really think it helped the infection clear. Also, I took 1200 mg of cranberry extract (CranActin brand) every day for the entire course of the antibiotics and for several days afterward. I’m still taking them, although not as much. I’m also still drinking 4-5 liters of water everyday – just in case, you know? Extra Vitamin C (health food stores carry brands that guarantee gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, yeast free, etc.) and garlic capsules can also help. I also took a quality, refrigerated probiotic throughout the antibiotic course and after. I took 2 probiotic capsules a day, one 4 hours after my first antibiotic and one 8 hours after the first antibiotic. So, since my antibiotic was 1 tablet every 12 hours, I was taking either an antibiotic or a probiotic every 4 hours. For me, it went “antibiotic, probiotic, probiotic, antibiotic” every day.

I’m not sure if the antibiotic alone would have gotten rid of the infection the second time or not, but I tend to think that all the additional effort paid off and gave my body its best chance and working *with* the antibiotic to beat the infection. Now that I’m through with the second antibiotic, I’m planning on staying on the anti-candida diet for at least another 6 weeks, even though I’ve just begun Week 8. I think the antibiotic set me back a bit, so I want to make sure I get any extra yeast outta there and reestablish a good intenstinal balance.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘I need advise’ is closed to new replies.