I have more good news for you !!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I have more good news for you !!!

This topic contains 24 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  weehen 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

LRHG wrote: I did an experiment in the summer and took 50mcg T3 hormone. Nothing else was working for me – strict diet, antifungals, biofilm protocals and more.
    That 50mcg T3 did more for me than anything else I had ever tried in 12 years. Popping a 50mcg T3 though isn’t the right way to address it so I’ve stepped back and joined a couple of thyroid groups, ordered Paul Robinson’s book and had a consult with Janie, owner of the STTM site. I also ordered teh cortisol saliva test.

That first link you shared said you are not supposed to take iron with calcium which I have been doing. So I’ll correct that.

What about you ? How are you addressing the iron/adrenal/thyroid ?

I’m very interested in T3 …. How did you get it? Did your MD prescribe this? When you say it did more for you than anything else in 12 years, what did it do? How did you feel?

I’m left wandering in a bog on all this myself. All the signs are there my main issue is with adrenal/thyroids which needs to be dealt with if I have any chance at treating candida. Considering I’m probably low on just about everything, my efforts have swung to iodine supplementation which includes Vit C, selenuim, magnesium, calcium, potassium , zinc, Royal jelly, iron and increasing iodine by a drop daily. Though I take a lot of other supplements as well including, ashwaganda, L-tryptophan, 5HTP, melatonin, valerian root, etc….a huge list, insanely huge list.

Trying to force myself to get as MUCH sleep as possible, even more than most people would consider possible. There has been some recent noticeable effect but, not sure if it’s positive or not: since my discernment seems folly filled. While trying to limit stress as much as possible which isn’t easy considering my unique circumstances.

I am anemic, have been for years – which came first anemia, adrenal fatigue/hypothyroid or candida? Prolly never know. I take a time released ferritin iron supplementation which doesn’t give me constipation issues. Figure, I don’t have much of a chance defeating any pathogen while anemic. In general, the diet doesn’t offer enough iron to solve anemia from my limited understanding.

I haven’t the answers, just a lot of questions and see this all as interconnecting. From everything I see here, many more have AF/HT than they know. Low body temps are just one of many signs which suggest this to be the case. Most people with histamine issues (rashes/hives, food allergies, etc.) when questioned tend to report low body temps they may never have know about. Suggest everyone take their basal temp (temp upon waking)

What a riddle to unravel, eh? Anyone with expertise who could help shed light on these issues, your input is dearly appreciated.

LRHG
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 26

I have done every test I could think of to see if I had candida overgrowth or bacterial overgrowth:
    – hydrogen breath test twice
    – methane breath test twice
    – Metametrix GI complete
    – various stool cultures
    – ethanol test by biolab
    – rectal swab
    – candida immune complexes

All of the above were negative except for the rectal swab which showed ++++ for candida albicans. My doctor said that could have been just because they hit a colony when taking the sample. And my immune complexes were normal.

So, really, no test has revealed an overgrwoth.

HOWEVER, I continued to have bloating and burping worse than anyone I have ever met on teh boards or elsewhere. In my mind, there was an overgrowth of something , even though no test could find it. So I designed my own biofilm protocal to address both candida and bacteria. It is in the curezone archives somewhere. It also did nothing.

The metametrix did show a yeast with taxonomy unknown which is my only clue.

I am now leaning towards more of an upper gut problem such as hypomotility. I did find a study showing that a group of patients with delayed stomach emptying retained a small amount of liquid in their stomach. 1/2 of these patients had candida albians, the other 1/2 had toruplasma (sp?). Antifungals were ineffective against both of these. I think I have someething like this happening. I also think the effects of antibiotics can be far more reaching than simply candida overgrowth – nutrient depletion, oxidative stress come to mind.

You have mentioned Biofilm protocols several times. I am curious why are you followed them.
    Do you have bacterial overgrowth or any other resistant bacteria ??

The biofilm protocols I am aware of disrupts bacterial biofilm matrix, no candida albicans biofilm.
    Bacterial biofilm matrix is composed of mostly Iron, Magnesium, and Calcium.

This isn’t the case of Candida Albicans that the matrix is mostly glucose.

The invented web protocols to disrupt biofilms may work in the case of bacteria, but no in the case of candida.

Jorge.

LRHG

It sure is a riddle.
    I travel to a country regularly that sells medications without a prescription. I bought the T3 there. You can also buy it at a Mexican pharmacy for a good price by mail order.

This are just estimates but I’d say the T3 reduced bloating by 50%, burping by 80% and constipation by 100% and fatigue by 50-60%. As soon as I stopped I went right downhill again the next day. The effect was significant.

I take my basal temp and it is always normal. But as the day goes on, it drops quite a bit. I’m not sure what that means but it means something.

I can’t wait to get my books by Paul Robinson and STTM and start implementing the T3 properly and see what it does for me. Paul Robinson uses T3 in teh wee hours of the morning to support the adrenals instead of hydrocortisone. it is a nice simple solution and seems to be helping a lot of people get off of HC and Florinef.

I’ve had low ferritin ever since I first got sick so I don’t know how long it was there. Finally, after many years of trying I am now having luck getting it up using ‘Proferrin’. Others are finding it helping them too. It is expensive though. It is a heme iron which is absorbed easier than the non-heme. That’s the idea anyway.

I have a lot of questions too and the thyroid / adrenals is the most confusing – I take my blood pressure/pulse/temp several times a day and am seeing some patterns but have no idea what it all means.

Susan

flailingWcandi wrote:

I did an experiment in the summer and took 50mcg T3 hormone. Nothing else was working for me – strict diet, antifungals, biofilm protocals and more.
    That 50mcg T3 did more for me than anything else I had ever tried in 12 years. Popping a 50mcg T3 though isn’t the right way to address it so I’ve stepped back and joined a couple of thyroid groups, ordered Paul Robinson’s book and had a consult with Janie, owner of the STTM site. I also ordered teh cortisol saliva test.

That first link you shared said you are not supposed to take iron with calcium which I have been doing. So I’ll correct that.

What about you ? How are you addressing the iron/adrenal/thyroid ?

I’m very interested in T3 …. How did you get it? Did your MD prescribe this? When you say it did more for you than anything else in 12 years, what did it do? How did you feel?

I’m left wandering in a bog on all this myself. All the signs are there my main issue is with adrenal/thyroids which needs to be dealt with if I have any chance at treating candida. Considering I’m probably low on just about everything, my efforts have swung to iodine supplementation which includes Vit C, selenuim, magnesium, calcium, potassium , zinc, Royal jelly, iron and increasing iodine by a drop daily. Though I take a lot of other supplements as well including, ashwaganda, L-tryptophan, 5HTP, melatonin, valerian root, etc….a huge list, insanely huge list.

Trying to force myself to get as MUCH sleep as possible, even more than most people would consider possible. There has been some recent noticeable effect but, not sure if it’s positive or not: since my discernment seems folly filled. While trying to limit stress as much as possible which isn’t easy considering my unique circumstances.

I am anemic, have been for years – which came first anemia, adrenal fatigue/hypothyroid or candida? Prolly never know. I take a time released ferritin iron supplementation which doesn’t give me constipation issues. Figure, I don’t have much of a chance defeating any pathogen while anemic. In general, the diet doesn’t offer enough iron to solve anemia from my limited understanding.

I haven’t the answers, just a lot of questions and see this all as interconnecting. From everything I see here, many more have AF/HT than they know. Low body temps are just one of many signs which suggest this to be the case. Most people with histamine issues (rashes/hives, food allergies, etc.) when questioned tend to report low body temps they may never have know about. Suggest everyone take their basal temp (temp upon waking)

What a riddle to unravel, eh? Anyone with expertise who could help shed light on these issues, your input is dearly appreciated.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

LRHG wrote: I have done every test I could think of to see if I had candida overgrowth or bacterial overgrowth:
    – hydrogen breath test twice
    – methane breath test twice
    – Metametrix GI complete
    – various stool cultures
    – ethanol test by biolab
    – rectal swab
    – candida immune complexes

All of the above were negative except for the rectal swab which showed ++++ for candida albicans. My doctor said that could have been just because they hit a colony when taking the sample. And my immune complexes were normal.

So, really, no test has revealed an overgrwoth.

HOWEVER, I continued to have bloating and burping worse than anyone I have ever met on teh boards or elsewhere. In my mind, there was an overgrowth of something , even though no test could find it. So I designed my own biofilm protocal to address both candida and bacteria. It is in the curezone archives somewhere. It also did nothing.

The metametrix did show a yeast with taxonomy unknown which is my only clue.

I am now leaning towards more of an upper gut problem such as hypomotility. I did find a study showing that a group of patients with delayed stomach emptying retained a small amount of liquid in their stomach. 1/2 of these patients had candida albians, the other 1/2 had toruplasma (sp?). Antifungals were ineffective against both of these. I think I have someething like this happening. I also think the effects of antibiotics can be far more reaching than simply candida overgrowth – nutrient depletion, oxidative stress come to mind.

You have mentioned Biofilm protocols several times. I am curious why are you followed them.
    Do you have bacterial overgrowth or any other resistant bacteria ??

The biofilm protocols I am aware of disrupts bacterial biofilm matrix, no candida albicans biofilm.
    Bacterial biofilm matrix is composed of mostly Iron, Magnesium, and Calcium.

This isn’t the case of Candida Albicans that the matrix is mostly glucose.

The invented web protocols to disrupt biofilms may work in the case of bacteria, but no in the case of candida.

Jorge.

Susan,
    What candida immune complexes test did you get ??
    Can you post the results, please.
    I want to be sure you get the right test.

Jorge.

LRHG

Susan,

Jorge.

It was by Immunosciences in 2001. The range is 0-50 and my result was 30. And also by AAL laboratories. Normal range is 0.-.9 and I was .8.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

LRHG;30456 wrote:
    Susan,

Jorge.

It was by Immunosciences in 2001. The range is 0-50 and my result was 30. And also by AAL laboratories. Normal range is 0.-.9 and I was .8.

I really don’t think you have CRC if those results are referring to Imunecomplexes. I asked you because the test has been changed at least two times since I am aware of it. Now, Genova Lab includes a candida antibody panel IGG, IGM, IGA, plus the complexes.
    The most important part of the test is the antigen/antibody binding in blood. This is what really determines if you have an intestinal fungal overgrowth.

Jorge.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

EDTA gave me one of the most toxic(in the head), bizarre reaction i’ve received from any supp. I could never do it again.

This doctor indicates that lactoferrin helps to shuttle excess calcium into the candida’s cell membrane which causes malfunction in the candida. He also states that lactoferrin disrupts the integrity of candida’s cell membrane.

http://www.wellnessresources.com/tips/articles/lactoferrin_keeping_candida_friendly/

LRHG

dvjorge;30458 wrote:

Susan,

Jorge.

I really don’t think you have CRC if those results are referring to Imunecomplexes. I asked you because the test has been changed at least two times since I am aware of it. Now, Genova Lab includes a candida antibody panel IGG, IGM, IGA, plus the complexes.
    The most important part of the test is the antigen/antibody binding in blood. This is what really determines if you have an intestinal fungal overgrowth.

Jorge.

I am afraid you are right = I don’t think it is candida.
    Do you know if the candida immune complexes test covers all speciies of candida (do they all have mannan) or just albicans.

I did a camera pill endoscopy last week to look at the entire small intestine and was expecting to see thrush like patches if I had it and there were none.

I suspect aerobic bacteria now. I did the hydrogen and methane breath tests and they were negative and I have learned hydrogen and methane are a product of anaerobic metabolism.

I’m back to square one now with researching aerobic bacteria. This is beyond frustrating. My
    case seems to be so different from everyone elses.

Susan

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello susan,

The next thing I would examine further is parasites which produce similar symptoms when compared to candida. We all have parasites, just at different levels.

-raster

weehen
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 18

Hi Susan,

I’m just wondering if you have tried cutting out gluten before?
    I had terrible bloating and constipation, thyroid symptoms and fatigue, and a myriad of small health issues. Once I cut out gluten many of these resolved completely, or partly resolved.

Gluten is also linked to thyroid issues. I just thought of this since you mentioned that T3 resolved so many of your issues.

WH

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘I have more good news for you !!!’ is closed to new replies.