I have had a kidney transplant and can't use most methods of candida treatment

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals I have had a kidney transplant and can't use most methods of candida treatment

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  christina miick 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

christina miick
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello, 12 years ago I had a kidney transplant and I take prednisone every day. I have experienced candida symptoms including vaginal infections and skin rashes for years. The problem is I am bery limited on what I can use/take and even what is ok to eat, due to protecting my kidney and or the meds i take for my kidney. I wondered if anyone else was in the boat and had some advice?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Christina, and welcome to the forum.

Patients have to go through so many rounds of antibiotics during and following transplants it’s really no surprise you’re suffering from Candida.

You will of course check with your nephrologist before trying anything that I or anyone else may suggest considering the treatment and interactions with your medicines.

You can look at the Candida diet on the site yourself to see which items you can eat. I imagine that you shouldn’t have a problem with the diet actually since it’s a fairly clean diet and is geared towards cleansing the body in general. Beef is listed as one of the initial food items, but I suggest that readers leave it out of the diet for at least two to four weeks depending on their infestation. Among other factors, this is because of the ammonia gases that are released during the breakdown and digestion of red meat protein. The ammonia will only make it more difficult to detox the liver if you are adding ammonia to its workload every day. If you eat eggs, I would try to make organic eggs my main source of protein for at least two weeks. Chicken and fish eaten occasionally should be fine, but again, just don’t overdo it with these proteins.

As far as an antifungal is concerned, I would imagine that a good probiotic is certainly one that you’d have no problems with. I remember a research study conducted in Sweden in 2010 which concerned a medication for kidney transplant patients called myycophenolate mofetil. You probably already know that immunosuppressants such as this one often cause diarrhea because of altering the microbiota population of the intestines. At any rate, two groups of patients were chosen for the study before their surgeries, one group was given a high dosage of probiotics and the other group a placebo, they continued the probiotic and placebo for four months following their surgeries. The probiotic group was given a total of 100 billion beneficial bacteria a day. In the end, there was a 71% reduction of expected diarrhea in the patients given the probiotic, but the other group suffered the average percentage of diarrhea for the number of patients studied.

So if you do decide to try the treatment, I would definitely suggest the probiotic as your first supplement.

Good luck to you. Please keep us posted as to your decision and progress.
    Able

christina miick
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thank you! I am very interested in all that you shared. c

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘I have had a kidney transplant and can't use most methods of candida treatment’ is closed to new replies.