I have felt deathly sick for 3 years and cant get better please help me!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I have felt deathly sick for 3 years and cant get better please help me!

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

wanttogetbetternow
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

I have been sick and trying to treat what I believe is candida for 3 years now. I have basically been extremely ill over the entire time. I have not been able to leave the house hardly at all because I feel too sick, like my body is dieing. I must exercise multiple times a day, or I will feel even sicker, I believe this is because toxins are in my body and I feel better after exercise. I also must take pain killers just to deal with the pain (there is no way to deal with the pain without them), which will get even worse when I start treating it with anti funguls. One thing I would like to know (please tell me if you know) is if medical marijuana would be ok to smoke? (not vape but smoke) As I am in a lot of pain and would like to stop using pills.

I have been taking doterra essential oils including oregano, meleluca, and lemongrass for about 8 months and don’t feel as if it has improved anything. I have also kept able’s diet for the entire freaking 3 years, going off of it a whopping maybe twice for about 60 seconds. Yes, I think I may have kept the diet better then anyone, but it’s easy if you literally feel like you will die after eating chips. I saw that mercury has been getting a little attention lately, and so I went to get a urine challenge test to check if there is mercury in my tissue (as my blood test showed a level of 0.2 and was nothing) There were only two slightly concerning things. Mercury was at 3.56 with a reference range of <= 2.19 and Aluminum was 38.3 with a reference range of <= 22.3, Is this enough that I should get my fillings out and get chelation? I have no idea. I saw a dentist who checked my fillings, they said they did not look that concerning. I also scheduled an appointment with an infectious disease doctor next month but I could use some help from you guys/gals too.

I don’t understand why I cannot get better from this fungus. How is nothing seem to be improving?
    Should I get my fillings out of my teeth even if the test shows there is a low level of mercury in my system? Is something wrong with my diet? Do you have an idea? I’m afraid I can’t get better from this.

I will put a list of my vitamins and foods/brands I am eating below this, you can read it if you want.

All foods are organic:
    toasted buckwheat groats
    coconut bread made with bob’s red mill coconut flour, bob’s red mill golden flaxseed meal, kirkland eggs, kirkland olive oil
    coastal range chicken breasts
    kirkland organic ground beef-I’ve eaten it on and off. I stopped eating beef 2 months ago. Up until that point I had been eating it for 4 months. I usually had it twice a day.
    coconut secret coconut aminos-raw
    coconut oil- dr. bronners fresh pressed virgin unrefined
    artisana raw coconut butter
    spinach, dandilion, and a variety of other raw greens
    celery, cucumber, broccalli, cauliflower, garlic, onion, fresh herbs-basil, parsley, cilantro
    himalania fine pink salt

Vitamins:
    thorne research basic nutrients IV-6per day
    kal molybdenum 250 chelated 3 per day
    gmo free vitamin c powder-4000mg a day
    rainbow light all zyme double strength digestive enzyme-1 per meal
    probiotics- at different times I’ve taken mega food megaflora-2 a day, theralac,-1per day, truflora-1per day
    organic acacia fiber-2 tsp. per day

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

If you’ve been faithfully treating a condition for three entire years, and nothing has changed during that long period – then I would be inclined to say that you do not have that condition.

But then, you do have serious complaints. To me, this means that those complaints must be caused by something else.

One thing you mention is mercury. That would be a possibility. Even if it is a remote one, given the seriousness of your complaints it is a hypothesis worth testing.

Contrary to the belief that is spread through some commercial parties and some websites, those who do have an actual mercury problem do not have it because of any amalgam fillings. The main source of mercury is either food or living in a heavily polluted environment.

Focusing at the food, fish is a major contributor to mercury intake. Especially fish at the top of the food chain. If you frequently eat such fish, you could try to reduce that for a few months.

Something that struck me in your post is something you did not write about: medical examination. I mean, I get the impression that everything you did is based on personal research. Correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s the impression I got. So, if I may ask: did you ever get professional medical advice from a real doctor? Any tests, any thorough examination?

Finally, you’re taking an extremely high dose of vitamin C. Vitamin C is acid (it’s called ascorbic acid, in chemical language). An overdose is simply excreted by the kidneys – which means your kidneys and urinary tract will be overly acidic. Also, the kidneys are stressed by the burden of having to remove this overdose.

These are just the things I notice in your post. Others may notice different things. Let’s wait who else will chime in with their expertise. I will keep quiet now, because I do not like to write about those things about which I lack knowledge.

I wish you all the best in your quest for a better health.

Rabelais

wanttogetbetternow
    Participant

thanks for the reply Rabelais. I did go to a naturopath and they told me I had candida. I am always open to the idea that I do not have it or I have a secondary illness complicating things, but cant find any evidence. All the sick feelings I have get worse with anti funguls, and that pain has no end. Literally, if I dont take a break and keep taking it, the pain will get to the point that I just curl up on the floor and cant move (obviously I dont take that many since that experience) but the point is, my feelings get worse when I take it, and get better (not completely obviously) when I dont take it. Any food that bothers a fungas bothers me, any food that does not bother a fungas does not bother me.

So if it is not a fungas, it has to be something that acts exactly like one but is not one, I have no idea what that would be, but like I said I’m open to any ideas. Also, I hate fish and never eat it, nor was there a period in my life where I ever really ate fish. As for other doctors I have seen, maybe about 2-3 neurologists, 2 psychiatrists, general practitioner, and I’m going to see an infectious disease doc. Ive been put on all sorts of stuff, nothing helps.

JamesMc
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 15

Here is my advice. First make sure nothing serious is wrong with you. Go get comprehensive blood work panel. If nothing is found go start LDA or low dose allergy therapy. This is the only treatment that will allow you to live a normal life when you have an autoimmune disease, allergies, or other chronic illness…like Candida. “Candida” is not a fungus problem it is an immune system problem. Many people on this site who believe they have a Candida infection that they can “cure” with diet and antifungals actually have a completely different problem. These people will be on a diet and antifungals for the rest of their lives just to control symptoms. Believe me if you do not modulate your immune system you can not get better from chronic “Candida”. Sometimes people get cured from antifungals and diet but this is only because they gave their system enough of a break from what is actually an allergen that their immune system modulated. How do I know this…because I have been sick for 32 years…..my entire life and very sick for the past ten years. After researching and doing every possible experiment on my body to reach a cure with no success…I found LDA. Now I am on my way to getting better. After my last shot I was drinking beers and eating cake with no reactions. Let LDA speak for itself…..I have talked to people that have toe nail fungus for twenty years are cured after LDA with no treatment. Their immune system kills it. there is a paradigm shift coming to medicine and LDA will be a huge part of it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Get the candia5 test if you want diagnosis and then you can figure out way to get better. For me what worked was floraster followed by manuka honey followed by some homeopathics to knock it down to low levels. Also a good naturopath can help you figure out what you are ill with.

I also had great success with broadening my diet to involve things like beans, goats cheese, milk, etc. so try to find more stuff to eat. Get a nutri-bullet and start making kale smoothies.

-raster

wanttogetbetternow
    Participant

LDA sounds incredibly interesting and I will look into this as soon as possible. Ill try to broaden my diet as well.

nth714
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 19

Get the candia5 test if you want diagnosis and then you can figure out way to get better. For me what worked was floraster followed by manuka honey followed by some homeopathics to knock it down to low levels. Also a good naturopath can help you figure out what you are ill with.

I also had great success with broadening my diet to involve things like beans, goats cheese, milk, etc. so try to find more stuff to eat. Get a nutri-bullet and start making kale smoothies.

-raster

Raster, how much of the manuka honey did you consume per day? I was thinking about trying it but I was unsure if it would help. And I also read that manuka shouldn’t really be consumed internally? Not sure what to make of it.

Also, what do you use to sweeten your kale smoothies? Fruits? Honey?

JamesMc
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 15

People are killing themselves with these incredible restrictive diets. You can not starve out a fungus that is part of your body……you need to redevelop the symbiosis that you had before you got sick. I just can’t stand to see people go down this road of endless diets, supplements and medication when it isn’t even treating the problem correctly. Some people people have simple yeast infections that can be cleared with diflucan and diet but others who can not get well just do not tolerate any yeast in their system and are in chronic autoimmune-like reaction to it.

raster
    Participant

-raster

Raster, how much of the manuka honey did you consume per day? I was thinking about trying it but I was unsure if it would help. And I also read that manuka shouldn’t really be consumed internally? Not sure what to make of it.

Also, what do you use to sweeten your kale smoothies? Fruits? Honey?

I made some manuka honey teff cookies and can give you link to recipe. Get the 15+ stuff or higher count. You won’t really notice that it works until you realize later that the yeast isn’t as strong. It only worked for me in conjunction with other therapies. I don’t think it’ll work out if you have a full blown yeast infection and high levels of yeast.

-raster

Sanshou
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 47

Are you certain you aren’t reacting to buckwheat or excessive coconut? I react just as bad to buckwheat or large amounts of coconut flour as I do any other grain. That being said I do eat grains from time to time, but I load up on homemade probiotics and anti-fungals when I do and often see very little reaction when used in moderation while I’m active. If I’m really active I basically eat what ever I want and show little signs of getting worse, it’s mostly when I over eat with junky food that my symptoms get worse.

As for cannabis I believe it’s saved my life a few times but I would recommend using a water pipe or vaporizer as one of the main causes of death from an auto-immune are respiratory illnesses. Or you can  make tinctures, I just use leaf, a cheap vodka and soak for 24hr, strain then let it evaporate with a fan on it to concentrate.

So I guess would echo others, broaden your diet and aim for a really healthy diet and life style while just limiting the off diet foods to when you are active and need cheap/quick calories.

Edit; Ceylon cinnamon oil is another to possibly add to the mix. It should mention that the leaf and bark have different anti-fungal properties. And the cassia variety isn’t technically really cinnamon and puts a strain on the liver.

Cinnamon vs candida
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22594097

For Diabetes and blood sugar regulation
    http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/26/12/3215.full

Orange is another minor anti-fungal as is peppermint, peppermint has the added benefit of being anti-inflammatory as does cannabis.

wanttogetbetternow
    Participant

sanshou, thanks for replying, I will check into the coconut, maybe I am eating to much of that who knows. I think ill have to go to a nutritionist as well to help get my diet right though, gosh so many doctors!

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

A urine challenge test for mercury is only good for detecting acute, recent poisoning. Chronic, long-term mercury poisoning (like from your amalgams) can only be checked for via a hair test. All other tests are pretty much worthless. What you want is a hair elements test like this one: https://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/hair_elements_hair_analysis_test.html

This webpage will tell you how to properly interpret your results for a mercury toxicity diagnosis (it’s not as simple as looking at the levels of mercury being excreted in the hair unfortunately): http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/HOW_TO_hair_test.html

Also, this is a great site, that covers everything from amalgam removal to proper and safe detoxification: http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/

I’ve been chelating mercury for just over a year now and have improved significantly, making much more progress than I ever did before when I was just treating everything with diet. Best thing I have ever done for my health for sure. If I were you I’d definitely be looking into getting the amalgams out and starting chelation. Let me know if you have any questions!

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

thanks for the reply Rabelais. I did go to a naturopath and they told me I had candida. I am always open to the idea that I do not have it or I have a secondary illness complicating things, but cant find any evidence.

This makes me wonder. You say you don’t find any evidence for having something different than candida – but then, you don’t have any evidence that you do have candida, do you?

Sure, one naturopath told you so – but let’s be honest, even a good naturopath may be wrong at times, and to be even more honest, there are a lot of less-than-good naturopaths out there.

For me, what counts is your observation that if you treat the supposed candida, you get worse – and if you do not treat the supposed candida, you get better. Not ‘better’ in the sense of healed, but ‘better’ in the sense of: better than when you combat candida.

Now of course combating a disease may make you feel worse – but only for a limited time. If combating a disease makes you feel considerably worse for three long years, then that’s a really strong indication that you do not suffer from that disease.

Also, I hate fish and never eat it, nor was there a period in my life where I ever really ate fish.

That rules out pollution by any heavy metal that could be present in some fish (mercury being the most popular culprit in some scaremonger’s sites, but in reality there are many more pollutants in some fish, and those include more than “just” the heavy metals). But anyway, you don’t eat fish, so that’s not an issue.

Now that I’m responding, it suddenly occurs to me that you didn’t say when (and how) your symptoms started. I read that you’ve been treating them for three long years now but the treatment has the opposite effect – but when did the symptoms start? Can you relate that to any change in your life pattern, in your living circumstances, in your surroundings? How did the symptoms start? All of the sudden “out of the blue”, or gradually? Did you notice immediately, or was the onset so gradual that you noticed only after some time, such that you can only tell in hindsight that you were already sick by date X?

I’m going to see an infectious disease doc.

Did you already see that doc? If so, what did he say?

Rabelais

wanttogetbetternow
    Participant

Before I answer anything Just want to say I saw the infectious disease doc and he is not sure that its a fungas buts he’s running about 12 different blood tests on me, so we will see how that comes back, Il let you know. Also I’m going to an allergist soon, so we will see how that goes as well.

For me, what counts is your observation that if you treat the supposed candida, you get worse – and if you do not treat the supposed candida, you get better. Not ‘better’ in the sense of healed, but ‘better’ in the sense of: better than when you combat candida. Now of course combating a disease may make you feel worse – but only for a limited time. If combating a disease makes you feel considerably worse <span class=”d4pbbc-underline” style=”text-decoration: underline;”>for three long years</span>, then that’s a really strong indication that you do not suffer from that disease.

And thats exactly what happeneds, but I just never get better enough to do anything, I’m still sick as can be, but if you want to see me die, give me anti fungals. I feel sick without antifungals, super sick with them. When I stop taking them it takes about a week for me to go back to feeling sick instead of super sick.

Now that I’m responding, it suddenly occurs to me that you didn’t say when (and how) your symptoms started. I read that you’ve been treating them for three long years now but the treatment has the opposite effect – but when did the symptoms start? Can you relate that to any change in your life pattern, in your living circumstances, in your surroundings? How did the symptoms start? All of the sudden “out of the blue”, or gradually? Did you notice immediately, or was the onset so gradual that you noticed only after some time, such that you can only tell in hindsight that you were already sick by date X?

I noticed my symptoms starting when I ate certain food, I would get very irritated and have a sick feeling like flu or death or whatever all over my body. Although I was still able to do things, not nearly as sick as I am now, just starting. Went to a natural doc, he said fungas, gave me fungals, said symptoms should start getting worse in 2 weeks from using fungals, and you might get sicker before you get better at then end. Symptoms started getting worse at 2 weeks, kept getting worse. This is when I actually got really bad, and I could not leave the house anymore.

Eventually I got mad after a few months and wanted the stupid thing to die already. So I tried upping my dose of fungals for a FEW days. Felt like death itself, I stopped, I was not able to take another anti fungal for many months after the damage that was caused from those few days. I stopped for like 6 months because it was so painful I had no idea what to do, I started going to other doctors about stuff at this time. However I never recovered after starting the anti fungals (all natural) I just never recovered. And I did not feel better after stopping the anti fungals for like 6 months, so what the heck?

raster
    Participant

Don’t hesitate to check out SIBO also, it is worse than candida.

-raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I have felt deathly sick for 3 years and cant get better please help me!’ is closed to new replies.