I got oral thrush after using mouthwash and it spread throughout my body – help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I got oral thrush after using mouthwash and it spread throughout my body – help

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gotshot26 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

gotshot26
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 13

Hi, please help:

I was using a Colgate Hydrogen Peroxide mouthwash to battle my bad breath and I developed oral thrush as a result. This was a month ago. Doctor told me to get an oral antifungal (Daktarin) and then bought some Nystatin when that ran out. The oral thrush went down (my tongue was black) but never completely went away (had a white build-up on my tongue down the middle).

I started using a tea tree oil toothpaste and then that triggered my oral thrush again! And now it has spread throughout my body:

-The skin is peeling on my face
    -I have excess dandruff
    -I have stomach pains that I never had before when drinking beer or certain foods
    -I have headaches
    -Flu-like symptoms
    -and plenty other things

Is this going to stay with me for life? I’m incredibly upset all this could happen from mouthwash. I plan on opening a lawsuit against Colgate.

Please help – thank you.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Mouthwashes disturb the oral flora and are generally not a good idea. I doubt that you would win a lawsuit though as it would be very difficult to prove.

The oral thrush and the other symptoms suggest that some of your lifestyle choices are making you more susceptible to fungal infections. Do you eat a diet high in sugars and processed food? Are you on antibiotics? A healthy body and immune system should be able to fight off these infections.

gotshot26
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 13

Thanks for the reply
    -no, i generally eat a healthy diet
    -no antibiotics

Since the candida infection my diet is now 100% healthy diet. Do you think I am screwed for life? Or will this pass in a few weeks if I do it right?

Thank you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘I got oral thrush after using mouthwash and it spread throughout my body – help’ is closed to new replies.