I forgot how powerful coconut oil is…….

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I forgot how powerful coconut oil is…….

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Smitty99 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

So I haven’t really been taking coconut oil for the past couple months. Just mainly SF722.

Today I bought a big jar of coconut oil because I’m going to incorporate it into my new protocol when I start with my fluconazole and nystatin.

I figured what the hell, I’ll have a tablespoon and almost immediately I had a feeling of gagging from it and now nausea. I’m pretty convinced I have a candida issue in my throat. Could the gagging feeling be die off?

I’m assuming the nausea feeling is die off as well.

What do you guys think?

Been at this for a while but it’s easy to forget how your body reacts to things when you’ve tried so many different antifungals over the past months.

I should of been more diligent with keeping up with the coconut oil.

UPDATE

Tip for anyone having problems dealing with the texture of the coconut oil. I know for me personally, trying to swallow it as soon as you put it in your mouth has really made me wanna gag.

I think it’s the texture more than anything.

What I’ve been doing lately and it has really helped make it easier to eat. Is I take about a tablespoon of coconut oil or whatever you can handle and I stick it in the side of my mouth like a baseball player would do with tobacco and I just let it sit there and slowly melt.

You aren’t dealing with that weird texture and it just gently melts and slides down your throat. It’s probably also beneficial for people with oral thrush to do it this way. Usually only takes a 1-2 minutes.

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

Good point! Im afraid to stop now, i’ve worked myself up to around 5 TB a day or so ^^

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Smitty99;49853 wrote: So I haven’t really been taking coconut oil for the past couple months. Just mainly SF722.

Today I bought a big jar of coconut oil because I’m going to incorporate it into my new protocol when I start with my fluconazole and nystatin.

Good topic as I was about to start a somewhat similar post, with different facts of MY particular condition and present state. I’m NO expert, just another sufferer seeking healing against one heck of a battle little can appreciate unless they have experienced it.

First off: everyone is going to say STICK WITH THE COCONUT OIL, there’s so many benefits beyond simply having the most effective antifungal, it’s a long list from all the GOOD fats which your body needs to mirco nutrients. This is beyond it’s antifungal properties which candida CAN NOT mutate against: like just about every other antifungal.

2ndly, I haven’t experience with SF722 to date, yet I’m very interested. However, at the precise moment the decision was made to order some (I don’t like shopping online, just don’t trust the internet for a variety of reasons which come down to basic privacy, ya dig?), it just so happened there was a world wide shortage and I couldn’t order it even if I tried. Figured that was a sign to hold off to future date.

However, I was then able to finally after bringing the topic up since i found out about it, he finally wrote the script for fluconazole (Diflucan) which I can just barely afford since I have no insurance. I knew it was going to be a game changer and even waited to pray over the medicines with the Priest dearest to me as he blessed it and me. Boy, I was correct, it has been a “game changer”. Felt okay for a few days, then my emotions turned to unfounded Rage/anger/pissed off at really nothing, just pissed and mean which isn’t like me (though I have a rep for standing me ground when pushed into defending myself or others). Then came the HERX big time.

My case is very complicated and extreme due to failures of the medical community: basically they were killing me off by throwing harsher and harsher antibiotics at me, then either blaming me for their “plan” not working or, thinking I was crazy/lying or somatoforic (Many other forum members have reported even being directly called “crazy” and referred to a shrink, so it’s not uncommon and not our faults). It’s also mucosal in nature as the blood test proved with an incontestable FIRM DX (vindication is liberating which helps a healing environment). It came back at 33 whereas a normal value is between <0 - <9 which is my math is correct is like 72.7 percent higher than the highest value of 9. The other two came back only at <10 which is again, higher than the highest value range of 9.

Not to get gross but, I was spiting up about a full 8 to 10 oz’s of thick Phlem a day to the point I was starting to get worried about getting pneumonia. Musenix, the commerical otc exportant was started and it loosened things enough to where I could finally start coughing whatever all up and the lungs were blessed with clearing, though it took months.

The HERX took me down. I slept like a baby/log all my life normally until I got sick a decade ago, though in hindsight the suffering started going back decades if not to my childhood and I was 38 at the time of the ER visit and thus, have been a chronic insomniac ever since. The HERX put me down flat and only now on month 4 going on 5, finally able to stay vertical for more than 4 hours a day. I was in bed to the point of bedsores on both hips and felt absolutely indescribably horrible: sleep wasn’t solid blocks but, was like 12 to 20 hours a day at it’s peak which took me entirely out of any diet or caring for myself routine. I was in bed and going no where but, spitting up Phlegm, which is a BLESSING. I consider it the biggest break through to date in my complicated situation to date and I’ve been learning from trial and error with this site and long before I stumbled in here since only a couple years ago. Check my profile and when I joined, it was about over a 18 months since the key to unlock the mystery of my 8 year battle with some GI condition which caused it to swell to the point of entirely shutting off my ileum, thus the Hospitalization though their entire surgical team hadn’t a clue what the cat scans were showing them or what causing the inflamation….lol….go figure, they treated me with antibiotics! lmao….I think what finally let my GI clear enough for “material” to pass to the large colon was the NO FOOD BY MOUTH combined with feeding by IV only for the week.

I would suggest to avoid putting yourself through NEEDLESS suffering and risking liver damage due to massive HERX: don’t go on both RX antifungals at the same time. Start with one for a while, months perhaps and depending on your particular CRC, you might consider the systemic fluconazole first.

The Nystatin is terrific from all I’ve read (personally can’t afford it) but, highly suggest searching this forum for all the detailed advice from DVJORGE about nystatin and his succusses with enemas. It’s a SOLID theory. The largest concentration of Candida is typically the LARGE colon. Thus, taking a pill or taking orally, it doesn’t get to where that population resides in your system. So, his firm advice is to use the powder form with saline or h2o through enemas. Again, there’s a long post with all the nitty gritty details but, the goal is to flush the large intestine with h2o/saline FIRST a few times clearing out as much as you can (and all the body positions to go through before “releasing”. Then, and only then, doing a Nystatin/h2o/saline enema and hold for as long as possible to the point of doing it right before bedtime and holding everything in after going through the body positions to work it through the entire large colon: upon waking then releasing. It’s not “what you take” but, getting it to where you NEED IT. Make sense to me, attack the largest population. Still holding this technique up my sleeve but, I can’t afford the Nystatin powder anyway so, there’s that…..

Smitty99;49853 wrote: I figured what the hell, I’ll have a tablespoon and almost immediately I had a feeling of gagging from it and now nausea. I’m pretty convinced I have a candida issue in my throat. Could the gagging feeling be die off?

I’m assuming the nausea feeling is die off as well.

Fact is, most sinus infections are yeast, not bacterial. Your entire nasal cavities and from then all the way through your system protect themselves with mucus, thus most likely if you have a candida issue, even just oral thrush, you also have excess candida from that point onwards. Esophageal Candida is VERY COMMON. I had to have my tonsils removed due to “reoccuring strep throat” due to visual inspection of white dots on my tonsils – antibiotics for months and months and the worst thing ever was trying both a BROAD SPECTRUM gram positive trial and, when that didn’t work a BROAD SPECTRUM gram negative trial. Finally, an ENT took one look and repeated what I had been going through for the past 8 months long and said, “we got to yank them, the strep is living in cavities in your tonsils. It seems out and then you take antibiotics to wipe out the “infection” but, they do nothing about the colonies residing in those cavities, blah blah blah blah. In hindsight NO ONE GREW IT OUT and looking at all those pictures of the worst cases of oral thrush: I just KNOW it was Candida, not strep. My tongue may not have been as bad but, every case it different and there’s ooddles of pix with the precise same white dots. Had anyone taken the time to culture out one of the white dots, I may NEVER have had my life ruined through this illness. However, I’m still very blessed, don’t get me wrong.

gagging is probably due to swallowing it like eating peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon. no no no, lick a little off and let it melt in your mouth which will help with oral thrush/mouth all through your system. Just trying to gag down spoonfuls into your stomach is what got your sick: it was nailed with a HUGE glob of Coconut oil as if it went directly from the jar into your stomach magically. Also, you may consider using coconut oil not only by spoonful but, using it in your cooking and food: it literally has such a low melt temp, it melts on my finger tips in a quick couple of seconds. Like DVJORGE’s Nystatin theory/routine, it’s all about getting the antifugals where you NEED them, not just into your body. Does that make any sense?

Try using a wok sometime to stir fry up some veggies; only just use water and then at the final prep before plating, throw in some coconut oil. Most people either fry the nutrients right out of their veggies or steam them all away. Water preserves the most amount of nutrients possible and it goes quick (I just need a clean wok which hopefully “Santa” will bring shortly).

you might also consider going slowly and just taking one teaspoon an hour, then waiting till your body’s dealt with that, then go onto the next. The picture of a huge glob of fat all at once into the stomach, without the aid of any enzymes from saliva – no wonder you felt ill.

DIE OFF – oh boy, you will KNOW die off when it hits, don’t worry about that. Remember, you system is already been dealing with an excess of mycotoxins (fungal toxins) long before you felt ill. It’s been working it’s butt off for a long time already. When die of happens, what is really going on is you are killing off FUNGUS, not yeast – and the heavy increase of mycotoxins from that, combined with what’s been floating around your system for a long time now (all those free radicals, which require certain pathways through the liver gets backed up and, your body can not rid the toxins. It’s like a traffic jam going nowhere. That’s the time to bone up on Milk Thistle and molybdenum for SURE and, might I suggest always starting your day with a large glass of room temp water with lemon juice (though it might taste bad, it’s advisable to drink AFTER either oil pulling or brushing your teeth to get all those buggers in your mouth out without swallowing them, THEN drinking your water: Makes sense to me and remember, don’t spit out your oil pulling into a sink (use a left over plastic bottle or something you can easily discard in the trash) as the oils will eventually gum up your pipes even if you are using EVCO or EVO, dig?

In ancient times, they’d spit it out in a pit in the earth, with a minimum distance away from anyone’s huts/homes as it’s literally toxic!!! Like popping in the forest and not carrying out, they dig a pit for each oil pull, as it would kill the plants off as it got “into” the soil.

And, don’t worry about where you DO have it – that’s like following a dancing ball while blindfolded and really serves no purpose. Checking your tongue, yes is very important and a good indicator. However, the Protocol is designed to handle the full range of cases which stumble in here: it’s the best advice I’ve found on the interwebby hands down – GOD BLESS ABLE, RASTER and EVERYONE particularly people like DvJorge, Chris24 etc. for taking complicated research which has taken them hours to compile and sharing their research in layman terms with people like me who are NO BIOLOGIST can understand. Bless them and everyone who pitches in, even if it’s to say, you are not alone. This is a scary illness as well as complex and complicated. Depends on how far down the rabbit hole you are willing to travel but, information is your best weapon. Then, appropriate action depending on the particulars of your unique situation/condition.

Think, healing thoughts……stay in a state of forcing your will to maintain that it’s a challenge but, you would like to keep at peace and foster the bestest healing environment as possible: even if that means having to say no to get extra rest to something you really want to do. It can wait: take charge of your healing, meditate, use yoga and religion or whatever to try to reattach the mind body connection. The stronger that tie is, the better able one is to determine reactions to any changes made to their routine. And, NEVER condemn yourself: this is NOT your fault but, YOU are NOT a VICTIM either. Attitude helps a great deal (not that I don’t have my struggles…..just having the strength to laugh can be a challenge at times, despite something tickling my funny bone, if you can dig where I’m coming from.

Smitty99;49853 wrote: What do you guys think?

Been at this for a while but it’s easy to forget how your body reacts to things when you’ve tried so many different antifungals over the past months.

I should of been more diligent with keeping up with the coconut oil.

Trying many different antifugals at this stage doesn’t sound wise to me. I’m sure the experts will chime in here however, rotating doesn’t mean rotate a different one daily. Work yourself up from the weaker to the stronger to avoid gnarly HERX, especially since your on EVCO and SPF722. Remember, things like oil of oregano isn’t harmless and candida will eventually mutate a defense against it (with the exception of EVCO and I think SPF722 but, then again I have no experience with SPF722). In fact, Oregano’s antifungal property is a chemical called eugenol, which is very toxic to the liver which is already using up as many pathways to rid the body of the mycotoxins already. Pick ones, and stick with them for three months. THEN, use another one for a few months. This keeps Candida guessing. For instance, I’m now trying Neem oil along with cinnamon, in place of continuing with garlic (allicin) and oregano oil. I’ve also added coconut oil pills for further coconut oil antifungal properties. Tip on Cinnamon is don’t use more than three pills a day, or roughly a tablespoon a day as it thins the blood: the rabbit hole is deep with many twists and turns.

It’s important to remember, plants not only have antifungal properties but, antibacterial as well. Otherwise, their environment would kill them off. We’re spending money on expensive high billion count probiotics with as many bacterial strains as possible (I’m daily on 100 billion/34 strains and an additional 30 billion of 10 strains), yet then throwing more antibiotics into our system thinking it’s only antifungals. Go gentle, is my best advice. At my worst, literally made myself so ill trying everything at once and giving it my all (learning experience, trial by fire) my body went into shock and started manifesting MS symptoms which is precisely what I needed on top of all the other suffering…LMAO, silly me…yet, it forced me to learn the why due to the kindness and generosity of Able who explained it to me.

There’s lots of catch 22’s depending on your condition and in general. Thus, PRINT OUT THE PROTOCOL and keep checking back for updates and PRINT THOSE OUT. READ THEM, STUDY THEM – EVERY SENTENCE IS THERE FOR A REASON. It may be cloaked to address typical complications with accompany CRC yet, every word is there for a reason, not that it’s the bible but, it’s the best I’ve found over thousands of hours of seeking/researching.

LOTS OF WATER is the best with HERX as well….you need to flush that liver!!!

Now, here’s my question……..should I back off the Neem/cinnamon/extra coconut oil pills to protect my liver from this massive HERX due to the blessing of fluconazole 100mgs/day? Or, perhaps consider stepping back and just doing a liver flush while maintaining what I’m already doing. I’m pretty much broke after a decade of disability and weak since the fluconazole yet, I’m stoked at the almost immediate reaction of getting all that mucus coughed up which is still coming out in streams. Particularly, since I have a real hard to adhering to the very strict diet, when there’s times I MUST cheat, just to feed my body despite it setting back my recovery.

Any input on my question ABLE? Jorge? Raster? hello?, is anyone out there? :)…..yet, feel like feces! What a blessing, seriously! It means finally, something is working – as NO natural antifungal I’ve tried has had such an immediate and MASSIVE phlegm effect to date and Lord knows, I’ve tried and tried..and will to the day I die.

Help! Many thanks in advance!
    Many blessings to every member and may peace, soothing and healing be in your immediate future!
    Flailing.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

I doubt it is die off. I used to like coconut oil, but now I think it is disgusting. I also have to gag, even from the smell only.
    About the nausea, I have the same thing if I eat coconut oil without anything else. It even made me vomit once.
    Try to eat it with other foods and the nausea should go away.

Smitty99

TheChosenOne;49876 wrote: I doubt it is die off. I used to like coconut oil, but now I think it is disgusting. I also have to gag, even from the smell only.
    About the nausea, I have the same thing if I eat coconut oil without anything else. It even made me vomit once.
    Try to eat it with other foods and the nausea should go away.

I think you’re probably right. After 3 large bottles of coconut oil. It has gotten harder and harder to eat.

I think partly the texture and taste is triggering my gag reflex but it certainly is causing die off too. I’m getting that weird achy muscle feeling after I take it and that always signals die off for me as does many other symptoms.

To the previous poster. I’m really happy to hear the Rx antifungals are working for you.

I’ve read stories that many people needed the power of an Rx antifungal to finally knock the candida out of their system. Everyone is different and it is definitely worth trying natural products first because depending on your candida, it may work for you.

I’m going to try and incorporate coconut oil into my cooking more often.

Thanks.

I will let everyone know of my progress when I start nystatin and fluconazole.

robinkatherine
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I just started taking a spoonful of coconut oil five or six days ago. First and second day okay except gagged a tiny bit. I just figured that was my own aversion to taking the straight oil. Third day I got sick like a slight flu (still not sure if it wasn’t flu), next day I felt better but after breakfast I felt nauseated after I had had a spoonful of EVCO. Today I forgot to take the EVCO until evening and then when I did I got quite nauseated after feeling great all day. Took some milk thistle and molybdenum and feel better now. I’m wondering if I am having die off or just my body can’t take the straight EVCO. (I’ve sautéed with it for a couple of years.) Does anybody know?

Smitty99

robinkatherine;49901 wrote: I just started taking a spoonful of coconut oil five or six days ago. First and second day okay except gagged a tiny bit. I just figured that was my own aversion to taking the straight oil. Third day I got sick like a slight flu (still not sure if it wasn’t flu), next day I felt better but after breakfast I felt nauseated after I had had a spoonful of EVCO. Today I forgot to take the EVCO until evening and then when I did I got quite nauseated after feeling great all day. Took some milk thistle and molybdenum and feel better now. I’m wondering if I am having die off or just my body can’t take the straight EVCO. (I’ve sautéed with it for a couple of years.) Does anybody know?

You said flu like symptoms. What were they? Cause generally that is die off almost always. I start evco two days ago and I’m having a mild to moderate sore throat and eAr pressure along with a nauseated feeling that passes after a an hour or so if I take too much at once

I’m attributing all of thag to die off.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I forgot how powerful coconut oil is…….’ is closed to new replies.