I feel good. Help?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I feel good. Help?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  B.K 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

B.K
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

I’m 18 years old, and I’ve been following the diet strictly for over a month now, which I know is absolutely not long at all, and I can honestly say that I feel fine. Not perfect, but fine. When people ask me how I’m doing, my knee-jerk reaction is “I’m great.” So things are…suspiciously good.

When I discovered the candida, I was only able to trace the symptoms back about 4 months to when I was on antibiotics for 10 days for bronchitis, so I was never really sure how serious it was. Before starting the diet, I was given fluconazole for 10 days, and then 5 more days to treat what my doctor called “a little bit of” thrush, although every culture for yeast came back negative, including a throat swab.

I’ll be 100% honest, with the rate I’m improving, I’m starting to grow concerned that I may not actually have candida, but something similar, such as celiac disease etc. but that’s neither here nor there; I have a GI appointment at the end of the month to handle those worries.

Onto my current symptoms, I get some gastro symptoms here and there, constipation being the only real prominent one, my stool is generally very soft, but I can only assume that’s from the diet? Truly I don’t know if the constipation is a symptom either, or if it’s just the diet. The only REAL candida-like symptom I’ve had was yesterday, I seemingly out of nowhere had some fatigue for about 45 minutes during the evening.

I even went back to the gym today (a goal of mine for a while) and did some heavy strength training with no problems, no serious fatigue, no discomfort, absolutely nothing at all. I actually walked from the gym (post workout) to the vitamin shop down the street, no issues with the walk at all.

What do I do now? My list of symptoms is seemingly empty, but I’m scared to start reintroducing foods. Should I test the waters with something like a slice of pizza just to see what happens?

I’m really lost, guys; but in a good way. I feel good. I’m just not sure why.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

If you’re going to test anything, it should probably be a tomato or an apple or something. Pizza has a lot of ingredients and it’d be pretty impossible to tell what’s causing a reaction if you had one.

B.K

shayfo;44124 wrote: If you’re going to test anything, it should probably be a tomato or an apple or something. Pizza has a lot of ingredients and it’d be pretty impossible to tell what’s causing a reaction if you had one.

I actually had a tomato today, nothing.

Huh.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Try out something with sugar in it like fruit. Try something with molds in it like nuts.

-raster

B.K

raster;44127 wrote: Try out something with sugar in it like fruit. Try something with molds in it like nuts.

-raster

Alright, any specific timeframe to look for a backlash? I don’t want to be dwelling over an apple for 24 hours.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Give it a few days, just in case. Sometimes, you can get a weird reaction two days later, like itchy butthole 😛

ms81
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 27

alexalgebra;44135 wrote: Give it a few days, just in case. Sometimes, you can get a weird reaction two days later, like itchy butthole 😛

I get itchy butthole after use the stool, is there anything to help that?

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

ms81;44137 wrote:

Give it a few days, just in case. Sometimes, you can get a weird reaction two days later, like itchy butthole 😛

I get itchy butthole after use the stool, is there anything to help that?

Itchy anus can be a sign of current infection (ie candida, parasitic, microbial), food allergy/sensitivity, anal tears/hemorrhoids, or hygiene related among other things. If you are looking for short term relief you could find some natural topical anti-itch creams.

B.K

Yesterday I had several things that I’m not supposed to, just so if something happened I’d for sure be able to tell.

-Carrots in a salad
    -Blue cheese crumbles in a salad
    -Barbecue sauce (sugar, soy bean oil, etc.)
    -Peas

I feel fine today, no problems at all. I’m starting to wonder if I may have beaten this already.

raster
    Participant

If it was celiac disease you likely wouldn’t get better this quickly…

What were your symptoms before starting the diet?

-raster

B.K

raster;44244 wrote: If it was celiac disease you likely wouldn’t get better this quickly…

What were your symptoms before starting the diet?

-raster

Rectal itch, mucous in stool (first noticed after eating a steak), severe fatigue and depressive episodes primarily after eating, frequent urination after eating, loss of appetite, loss of energy, undigested food in stool, abdominal pain, diarrhea.

My doctor didn’t necessarily believe that I had candida, but he told me to go on a “soft diet” anyway, and when he explained what that was; it was almost literally the candida diet. Also: I’ve had numerous tests, blood work, blood culture, ultrasound, HIV, hepatitis, among others, all negative.

Really what I’ve learned here is there’s several illnesses that carry the exact symptoms of candida, and they’re all treated with a relatively similar diet; so it’s hard to tell what’s really happening to my body.

The only thing I know 100% for sure, is back in mid-April when I was first starting to join the forum, see the doctors, etc. I was in awful shape, and now I feel great.

raster
    Participant

B.K;44256 wrote:

Rectal itch, mucous in stool (first noticed after eating a steak), severe fatigue and depressive episodes primarily after eating, frequent urination after eating, loss of appetite, loss of energy, undigested food in stool, abdominal pain, diarrhea.

My doctor didn’t necessarily believe that I had candida, but he told me to go on a “soft diet” anyway, and when he explained what that was; it was almost literally the candida diet. Also: I’ve had numerous tests, blood work, blood culture, ultrasound, HIV, hepatitis, among others, all negative.

Really what I’ve learned here is there’s several illnesses that carry the exact symptoms of candida, and they’re all treated with a relatively similar diet; so it’s hard to tell what’s really happening to my body.

The only thing I know 100% for sure, is back in mid-April when I was first starting to join the forum, see the doctors, etc. I was in awful shape, and now I feel great.

I agree 100% that diet alone can cure illness so at the least, eating healthy has allowed you to get better.

The next thing to do eventually is to have a mega cheat. Eat some cheese, eat a tiny piece of chocalate, eat a cracker made from wheat, etc.

The one thing you’ve got going is that you are young, you haven’t taken antibiotics long term or multiple times, and so you might be able to rebound better than most.

-raster

B.K

raster;44258 wrote:

I agree 100% that diet alone can cure illness so at the least, eating healthy has allowed you to get better.

The next thing to do eventually is to have a mega cheat. Eat some cheese, eat a tiny piece of chocalate, eat a cracker made from wheat, etc.

The one thing you’ve got going is that you are young, you haven’t taken antibiotics long term or multiple times, and so you might be able to rebound better than most.

-raster

Sounds like a plan, next weekend will be cheat day. I’ll probably just grab some chocolate. Thank you very much for the input, it means a lot.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I hope whatever you had is better!! Go you!

B.K

I had a milky way bite (around the size of a quarter, maybe an inch or so in height) about 4 hours ago and I don’t feel any issues at all. Next step? Piece of bread?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I feel good. Help?’ is closed to new replies.