I feel awful again : (

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I feel awful again : (

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

keipup
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

Its taken me 3 months of candida dieting to get to a good point in my life. I’ve been really happy and energetic lately! Its been great.
    But since about October 3rd my health and energy has been declining again, and since 2 days ago I’m at an all time low. So low energy my responses to people are limited to “yes” and “no” because it takes energy to talk, and it takes me a TON of energy to even stand up. My brain fog is awful, too. I have homecoming, a play im involved in, and tons of other stuff coming up, and I want to feel good again.

The obvious cause may be the cheating I’ve done. On September 29th I had a huge meal, with cake and all, for my birthday. I felt fine afterwards, and I think it was worth it because I had fun. But the next day I had leftovers, the week following I had 2 peanut butter cliff bars, and pretzel chips.

But another thing I was thinking about is mold or mildew. We keep our laundry in the bathroom and I take lots of hot baths, and I think the moisture caused mildew because I can smell it in the bathroom. I feel kind of sick when I breathe it in. We’re cleaning it out tonight but can that be connected to candida?

If I stick to the diet will I get better fast or will it take another 2-3 months to get back to where I was?

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Have you looked up candida and mold? It can definitely trigger symptoms and make you hyper-sensitive to yeast.

I don’t think a couple days of bad eating is going to massively set you back, at least not for 3 months.

keipup
    Participant

I really need advice.
    I’m sitting here, crying as I type because I feel so helpless and awful. Acne, fatigue, intense depression, bloating are all coming back full force. I feel like I’m dying sometimes.

Can the mold/ mildew (don’t know which) really affect candida this much?
    How should I clear it out?
    How long will it take after clearing it out will my symptoms go away?
    I’m so scared and upset. The last few months of my life have been dedicated to getting rid of candida, and I felt so good……

keipup
    Participant

Anyone have any tips?

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

It’s natural to have ups and downs as you recover from any chronic condition. It sounds like a relapse into bad habits might have set you back, but maybe you can use that as motivation to get back on track.

You were feeling better for a while, so I doubt that the mold is a big factor.

It sounds like stress and anxiety might be contributing too. Maybe take a day or two off work if you can, get out in nature, and try to lower those stress levels.

One day, when your gut flora is fully recovered, you’ll be able to eat more of what you want without worrying 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here are my thoughts on this. First you need to determine whether the mold in bathroom is a problem or not. Do you see mold spores on countertops or growth in corners of bathroom or under cabinets, etc? If so, then I would get it tested and remedy it. You likely need a bathroom fan installed if possible.

Second, you need to learn how to basically break down the food you eat to prevent major setbacks like this. This can be done via digestive remedies that a good naturopath or alternative doctor can prescribe. For instance you likely are deficient in enzymes, stomach acid, beneficial gut flora, etc. So you need to take your digestive aid supplements with every meal and especially when you cheat. Examples include zypan, AF betafood, digestive enzymes (pro-gest), antifungals (SF722 promotes digestion), L-Glutamine, etc.

Third, the reason you feel bad is because your liver is overburdened with candida toxins. A way to reduce this is to do a liver cleanse or take liver cleansing herbs. If you take medications or abuse substances, then the liver will continue to be burdened. Some homeopathics also support the liver and detoxing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I feel awful again : (’ is closed to new replies.