I don't understand why I'm not getting better!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I don't understand why I'm not getting better!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jahaja 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

catlover0329
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

I am desperate for help. I have been eating candida diet for a month and taking the usual supplements and fermented veggies and probiotics. I am not getting better and in fact am getting worse. The die off is worse. I have a red itchy rash all over my effing body and my face looks sunburned. I made Thanksgiving meal yesterday in my allergen free kitchen. I had an expensive organic turkey, and made only Paleo no carb root veggies as sides. No carbs and no high histamine foods. I made turkey soup and had a bowl last night. I was up in the middle of the night itching so bad I wanted to die. I had to take 4 Benadryl just to not scratch my skin off.

What the f**k am I doing wrong? I am so frustrated.I have spent so much money on supplements like molybdemnu, bentonite clay, milk thistle, vitamin C, echinacea, and several different types of probiotics and antifungals. I am stopping all probiotics and antifungals as of today. I can’t stand the die off amy more if that is even what it is. All I’ve eaten for the past month is homemade chicken soup with bone broth and celery, onions, and carrots. And if I’m hungry, a leafy green salad with kale and fermented cabbage and EVOO. As a snack, soaked dehydrated raw almonds.

I don’t know why I am not improving but seem to e just as bad as before I started this, if not worse. I’ve had 6 rounds of colon hydrotherapy and infrared sauna. I don’t see how it helped other than to make me $350 more broke.

Please give me any tips or insights. I dont know what to do or what to eat anymore. The good news is I no longer get hungry so maybe I should just have water for a few weeks. I don’t know what is going on.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My ND said that the fermented foods can benefit the yeast as well as kill it after periods of long use so I would consider stopping that also.

I also would consider professional help because I was getting nowhere until I saw a professional.

If you did the sauna, hot tub, jacuzzi, etc. this would really help detox. Acupuncture can help detox too.

-raster

catlover0329

What is ND? Naturopath doctor?

I have an appointment with a doctor who specializes in food allergies on Dec.16. I made it months ago and it cant come soon enough. I am so flipping miserable I actually considered suicide last night. I can’t live like this any more with a red itchy face that feels like someone took a blow torch to it and itching so bad over my body that nothing helps. Not even baths.

I am so confused over all the conflicting information. Some sites say don’t eat carrots or acorn squash because they feed the sugar while other sites say they are OK along with things like quinoa and buckwheat. I haven’t had any of those carbs but have had cauliflower and a little bit of carrots and squash. Not often and only a tiny amount. I have also read that having probiotics and anti fungals are critical but that if a person has a severe die off reaction they should reduce the dose and stop. In my case I am only taking one so the only alternative is to stop them completely.

My plan was to get probiotics through food like kefir and homemade fermented yogurt and fermented cabbage. But now you’re telling me that at least as far as the kraut goes I may be doing myself in by having it long term.

What do you suggest I do? I am desperate to feel normal again. And I am supposed to be going to FLorida for a week in December with my boyfriend and daughter and staying with my boyfriend’s mother and I am worried that I will be too sick and frustrated to be any fun and will make everyone miserable because all I will want to do is take a bath and lay around. We have a special reason for making this trip this year (Brian’s father died and it’s his mother’s first Christmas alone plus we need to bring back large gifts his father gave to him). But I am seriously concerned I won’t be able to eat or even be pleasant during our visit and will ruin it for everyone.

At this point I am considering going to a conventional doctor and getting on some frigging steroids just to get my inflammation under control. But I know that contributes to candidis so it’s probably a bad idea. But for petes sake I can’t live like this and what am I supposed to do?

nth714
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 19

Did you start using all the anti-fungals, probiotics, supplements, ect all at once? Try stopping everything and then slowly reintroduce each one to see if it’s really die off or maybe you’re allergic to one of the products. I found that milk thistle really makes me itch so I had to cut it out of my regime. Also during the first week my I broke out in rashes all over my body. I’m not sure if they’re die off symptoms or what but they’re slowly going away.

Another thing you should consider is leaky gut syndrome. Some people believe leaky gut is the real root of the problem when it comes to candida overgrowth. Treating leaky gut is essentially the same as treating candida but there are a few differences, such as no eggs on leaky gut diet. And the leaky gut treatment really emphasizes improving your digestion with various foods, herbs, supplements.

What were your symptoms before you started the diet and did you get tested for candida?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would try to eat soups, smoothies, and stuff that gives your digestion a break for a bit. Certain foods work for some people and some don’t work. Also look into bone broth soups. Fermented foods are something that can cause trouble. Kefir contains candida so its something that is pretty iffy.

One round of acupuncture can make you feel like a million bucks if done correctly. You can go in feeling like crap and come out feeling really great…should cost $20-80 without insurance. Same with sauna, hot tub, steam room, etc. you can do this at like a 24 hour fitness (they have free memberships for first few weeks) or other fitness chain usually.

You could have co-infections too or other things that are out of balance and this can mess any treatment to get better. Examples would include sibo (small intestine bacteria overgrowth), parasites, h. pylori, strept, mono, etc.

Then there are portions/symptoms of a candida treatment that may be more unique that can mess up your ability to get better such as gut dysbios, leaky gut, thyroid issues, liver issues, heave metal toxicity, etc.

I would drink tons of water and consider getting special mineral water at the store. I would take your detox supplements and stop antifungals/probiotics. Get plenty of rest and you should feel better within a few weeks.

When you want to continue I would try out some specific supplements such as sf722, digestive enzymes, and hmf neuro (the only human derive probiotic). These should make you feel much better in general and some of the other antifungals or probiotics can cause problems because they just work differently.

-raster

catlover0329

nth714;60866 wrote: Did you start using all the anti-fungals, probiotics, supplements, ect all at once? Try stopping everything and then slowly reintroduce each one to see if it’s really die off or maybe you’re allergic to one of the products. I found that milk thistle really makes me itch so I had to cut it out of my regime. Also during the first week my I broke out in rashes all over my body. I’m not sure if they’re die off symptoms or what but they’re slowly going away.

Another thing you should consider is leaky gut syndrome. Some people believe leaky gut is the real root of the problem when it comes to candida overgrowth. Treating leaky gut is essentially the same as treating candida but there are a few differences, such as no eggs on leaky gut diet. And the leaky gut treatment really emphasizes improving your digestion with various foods, herbs, supplements.

What were your symptoms before you started the diet and did you get tested for candida?

Great questions! I started probiotics first (Three Lac) and waited a few weeks before starting Spirulina anti-fungal. I took one pill once per day and right away noticed my hives and rash got much worse. I had die off reactions almost immediately when I started the ThreeLac but it was tolerable. I stopped taking Spirulina and have continuously taken milk thistle and molybdenum to help with die off and liver support. I haven’t noticed if milk thisle is the cause of the itching. I wonder if that could be part of my problem.

I just got out of a 45 minute infrared sauna session and sweated a ton so I hope I start feeling better and can sleep all night without waking up itching.

I probably should mention that I had RNY gastric bypass 3 years ago and I believe this is important because it affects how my gut absorbs and malabsorbs food and nutrients. I also believe having the surgery was the biggest mistake of my life as it caused all of the leaky gut symptoms you described. I wonder if it means I should also be cutting the doses of everything I take in half or so since my stomach now consists of a tiny pouch instead of the standard larger stomach.

Before I started this diet I developed progressively worse food allergies. I cut out gluten a year before my surgery about 4 years ago. I felt better for a while but then still had itchy hives and gastro problems so I did some research and cut out soy and dairy. I went like this for 2 years and still noticed symptoms so I went completely organic and cut out all additives and colorings such as MSG and made homemade breads and stuff instead of eating gluten free manufactured things. I still was having reactions so I read about the many causes of leaky gut and started eating Paleo. I still had rashes unbearable hives so I decided it must be candida and started the Body Ecology Diet a month ago. It is very similar to the Candida Diet and I haven’t deviated once!

I didn’t realize some treatments of candida can be influenced by other health factors. I am hypothyroid and take levothryoxine for it. I also have autoimmune disease (Hashimotos) so that probably is relevant too.

I had eggs for lunch today with a plate of kale and EVOO and cultured sauerkraut that I made at home and I felt OK. But I know reactions aren’t immediate.

Thanks for all your helpful questions and insights!

catlover0329

raster;60867 wrote: I would try to eat soups, smoothies, and stuff that gives your digestion a break for a bit. Certain foods work for some people and some don’t work. Also look into bone broth soups. Fermented foods are something that can cause trouble. Kefir contains candida so its something that is pretty iffy.

One round of acupuncture can make you feel like a million bucks if done correctly. You can go in feeling like crap and come out feeling really great…should cost $20-80 without insurance. Same with sauna, hot tub, steam room, etc. you can do this at like a 24 hour fitness (they have free memberships for first few weeks) or other fitness chain usually.

You could have co-infections too or other things that are out of balance and this can mess any treatment to get better. Examples would include sibo (small intestine bacteria overgrowth), parasites, h. pylori, strept, mono, etc.

Then there are portions/symptoms of a candida treatment that may be more unique that can mess up your ability to get better such as gut dysbios, leaky gut, thyroid issues, liver issues, heave metal toxicity, etc.

I would drink tons of water and consider getting special mineral water at the store. I would take your detox supplements and stop antifungals/probiotics. Get plenty of rest and you should feel better within a few weeks.

When you want to continue I would try out some specific supplements such as sf722, digestive enzymes, and hmf neuro (the only human derive probiotic). These should make you feel much better in general and some of the other antifungals or probiotics can cause problems because they just work differently.

-raster

I agree about eating soup to let my digestion heal for a while. I’ve been eating homemade simple easy to digest chicken soup for a month. I’m getting sick of it though! Its funny to because I’ve also read in a rotation diet that it’s better to not eat the same food twice in 4 days to avoid food allergies from eating the same thing all time.

I do have Hashimotos thyroiditis and am hypothyroid so this may be factoring in.

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions. I will follow them and try some of the new things you mentioned. I did an infrared sauna today and feel a lot better already but it seems like every few hours the itching starts so I’m hoping it doesn’t. I’m stopping all probiotics and antifungals and will wait a while before starting. Also the mineral water sounds like a great idea. Thank you!

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

nth714;60866 wrote: Did you start using all the anti-fungals, probiotics, supplements, ect all at once? Try stopping everything and then slowly reintroduce each one to see if it’s really die off or maybe you’re allergic to one of the products. I found that milk thistle really makes me itch so I had to cut it out of my regime. Also during the first week my I broke out in rashes all over my body. I’m not sure if they’re die off symptoms or what but they’re slowly going away.

This.
    Also, I recommend starting with fruits. You will probably go slower, but you will feel better. It also makes no sense starving the candida. You have to get your immunity back up. Fix your adrenals and thyroid. Don’t focus on the candida. Focus on detoxing and get enough rest. Use antifungals/probiotics sparingly.

Whitbeck17
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

You probably got an allergy or infection. It is better you take help of private health Los Angeles to make yourself better because they are the ones that offer helpful advice and also refers to the best doctors in the world. I am one of their happy clients and I would never want to leave this company for anything.

Jahaja
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 14

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I don't understand why I'm not getting better!’ is closed to new replies.