I don't really like coconut flour. :-(

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas I don't really like coconut flour. :-(

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Is there any recipes that any of you on here would recommend that don’t use coconut flour. Sometimes I just crave carbs and get tired of meat and vegs. I tried one of the coconut flour recipes with yogurt and olive oil and really didn’t like it. It smelled good but not that tasty to me. If I used Ghee, do you think it would be better?

Katie

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Are you baking any of the bread recipes on this site? If not, try baking a buckwheat or teff loaf. You can use buckwheat, teff, almond and or/coconut flour in combination. Go through the recipes section and something will come up. Try looking for Raster’s bread recipe.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I have some AMAZING buckwheat garlic biscuits that I posted!! You can modify the recipe to make more of them (it only makes about 6 biscuits).

Kag

Are these okay though? I thought that the coconut flour was the only one that was antifungal or whatever….

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Kag;33736 wrote: Is there any recipes that any of you on here would recommend that don’t use coconut flour. Sometimes I just crave carbs and get tired of meat and vegs. I tried one of the coconut flour recipes with yogurt and olive oil and really didn’t like it. It smelled good but not that tasty to me. If I used Ghee, do you think it would be better?

Hi, Katie.
    I’ve used ghee in the recipe before and liked the taste, but then, I like the coconut flour just fine. You can try making the recipe using Bob’s Red Mill Oat Bran Cereal in place of the coconut flour. I’ve done this as well and didn’t have a problem with it, ate every bite in fact. Using the oat bran also makes it an excellent prebiotic.

Able

sushified
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 31

lol, me neither! made bread that turned out more like poundcake. Tasted fine, just blah not for me.

Kag

I have started doing the big loaf with half coconut flour and half oat bran and using ghee. I don’t love it, but it is a nice heavy bread to go with soup. I think it also helps keep me from eating other carbs so that is a good thing. 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend trying out teff, buckwheat, oat bran, and almond meal. What I use the coconut flour for is a filler and to add a different texture to what I am cooking…it isn’t the sole ingredient, but more of a complimentary one.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1477_Introducing-a-new-baking-flour-TEFF-Flour.aspx

-raster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I don't really like coconut flour. :-(’ is closed to new replies.