I don't know what to believe anymore

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I don't know what to believe anymore

This topic contains 32 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  jereseib 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

JaneneBean
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 35

Also, I don’t know how important this is but I’m 5’6″ and weigh 140 lbs.

Currently my symptoms are the rectal itch/scab thing,
    brain fog that comes and goes,
    dizziness,
    heart palpitations that come and go for no apparent reason,
    anxiety,
    mood swings,
    lower back pain,
    Severe difficulty getting out of bed in the A.M.,
    white coated tongue,
    other patches of red itchy bumps on extremities and waist,
    weak muscles,
    NO sex drive, (which is good because I’m divorced)
    and some depression.

I have all the great stressers such as a recent divorce, money issues, death in the family, relocation, middle age (almost 47) and just being sick for over a year will stress anyone. I haven’t felt well since about 20 years ago really.

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

JaneneBean wrote:

Sorry, I should elaborate a bit more. Every other day I see someone come onto this forum saying its not working etc so I want to be sure I can give you the right advise and help you onto a recovery.

Let me just tell you what I’ve been doing and eating so you will have some info to go off of.

Every morning I eat two eggs, and two links of sausage. I drink ONLY lemon water with stevia and Teeccino with stevia and half and half. For lunch or dinner I eat veggies (mostly cauliflower, broccoli, or asparagus) and have some chicken breast. I also eat chicken on a large salad. I have been eating a little tomato, not much. I put cucumber on my salads. For a dressing I have a measured tablespoon of home made Ranch dressing mixed with plain yogurt, never any more than that and I only eat that Ranch maybe 3 times a week, adding up to 3 tablespoons per week.
    I was eating peanuts regularly but I cut them out. Now when I want a nut, I just get some pumpkin seeds as I’ve heard they are okay on the diet.
    I drink at least 64 oz. of lemon water a day, usually more.

The supplements I’m taking are:
    B complex
    Milk thistle
    spirulina (NOW brand)
    AlphaSorb-C 1000
    Threelac (2-3 a day)
    and sometimes some OregaMax (100% raw oregano) (I take this sometimes depending on my symptoms and how good I feel)
    Also I take Kyolic, a garlic supplement with other Candida cleanse herbs

When my sausage runs out, I’m planning on going without it for a few weeks and sticking to eggs. I want to do a two week cleanse with mostly veggies, eggs and if I can, some plain yogurt with Stevia. But I don’t know if that’s allowed on the cleanse.
    I will also be starting Candex soon. It has great reviews and a friend is mailing me some to try.
    I have to stick with the Threelac as my probiotic until I use it up and can afford to buy the other variety mentioned here.

As for pinworms? I don’t have them. My itch isn’t just at night. Plus, I get small smooth bumps around my bottom that will itch terribly until I scratch, then they form a welt which oozes clear liquid for a few hours. That turns into a scab of sorts which will get thick and take several days to crust and peel. Once it’s peeled off down to a thinner skin layer again, it starts all over again. That is on the cheek area closer to the actual rectum. The rectum itches as well, but doesn’t scab over like that. It’s almost like Eczema. It acts like athletes foot and the itch is identical, so it seems like yeast to me. The one thing that works is ice packs but I can’t exactly go around with ice on my butt all day. On any given day, I have about 12 square inches of rash and scab down there, sometimes more.
    I’m considering a parasite cleanse though, I’m pretty sure there some critters in there.

How do I get adequate amounts of protein daily if I’m not eating meat for two weeks? Eggs are good but only provide a few calories and a bit of protein. With only 6 grams of protein each, I’d have to eat 8 eggs a day or something like that.
    I really hope I can eat plain yogurt during the cleanse, it keeps me sane.
    I’ve never like avocados, I hate celery, eggplant, and artichokes.

So that’s about it…other than the water I drink is filtered and left out all night to get rid of the chlorine.

Personally I see quite a bit wrong with this diet already, others will make their suggestions, but please find a few of mine.

1. Sausage – can you elaborate on brand etc a bit more. Some sausages are a big no no. I would consider avoiding them for a few weeks or cutting them out completely for now.

2. How often do you eat chicken and is it organic – I eat a small portion of chicken every 5 days right now, if your eating it everyday you will be pumping your already damaged system with ammonia

3. Dressing – again, I would avoid at the start. Another thing that could be feeding candida.

4. Pumpkin seeds – all seeds don’t really agree with me, plus they are not on the protocol so I have taken them out until stage 2/3

5. Lemon water – I drink three glasses from three lemons a day, you don’t want to over do it as the lemon water still contains sugar.

I think you need to re-look over your current diet, as I think this is the issue here. You mention the two week cleanse, I personally couldn’t do the cleanse so it really is up to you. I don’t see Virgin Coconut Oil or Molybdenum in your list either – I can’t stress how important these are!! Esp Molybdenum, it really does help die-off symptoms – I feel like I have the damn flu today and it is helping.

Eggs are currently my main source of sustenance as my body can break them down easily. I eat a lot of eggs per day to keep me going. This need to be your main source for at least the first four weeks. I’ve started doing a lot more gym work recently as well and I even drink pasteurized egg whites after a big session as a source of protein to repair muscles.

As far as yogurt goes, again avoid store bought until your on the road to recovery. It’s considered a test item four weeks into treatment.

I really want you to read the protocol again, because the title of your post is “I don’t know what to believe anymore”…. The diet you have posted is not the diet on here which is making me (personally) better.

That is my two cents worth, I don’t think your going to make much improvement unless you read the below and effectively start right from the start. That way you can really track your progress….

The Protocol

Sam

PS I’m not trying to be mean or horrible, I’m being really truthful. It took reading posts like this to understand why my original diet was wrong….

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hello,

I must agree with Sam on all the things he wrote. I’ve been going back and forth on the diet and didn’t really see progress until I stuck it out on the protocol. I did have fall outs with die-off and had set backs where emotions pick up but when that was dealt with overall I am so much better that it is worth it in the long run.

I would like to add also that I didn’t do well on the yoghurt. I tested it and felt fine, no reactions, but after eating it for about a week my symptoms started to come back (one of them rectal itching and burning) so I realized that I was not ready for it. I would cut it out for a week or two and see if there is any improvements in your symptoms. If yes then wait for several weeks to test it again.

I think half and half is a huge no-no for the treatment or otherwise so I would leave it out indefinitely.

Did you consider starting on a home made kefir? Most people are not sensitive to it, you make it at home, takes about 5 minutes to strain it and it’s ready to drink. If you make milk kefir this gives you so many important nutrients, probiotic and you get some protein out of it. You can also get some water kefir grains and this would offer great fermented drink as well as probiotic. Search the forum, there is a ton of posts to read about it.

Another thing you can try for more energy and weight maintenance is making one of the allowed breads. Search the recipes section. You can make a bread out of coconut, oat bran, buckwheat, teff, or rice bran flour or any combination of these allowed flours. The bread takes like 10 minutes to mix with a spoon.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

Arijana

JaneneBean

“Another thing you can try for more energy and weight maintenance is making one of the allowed breads. Search the recipes section. You can make a bread out of coconut, oat bran, buckwheat, teff, or rice bran flour or any combination of these allowed flours. The bread takes like 10 minutes to mix with a spoon.”

I find this difficult to believe it’s okay to eat since it’s a big carb. How is it okay to eat this carb when so many others are a big no no. And why can I make milk kefir and yet not have a little half and half which has 1 carb for 2 tbs. (a half of cup of broccoli has almost 4 grams of carb.) I don’t get it.

I live in a tiny town in Idaho that’s about 1.5 hours from the bigger town that has more food options all of which are VERY expensive. I can’t afford organic chicken. I can’t even afford all these supplements. I mentioned that I don’t have the molybdenum because I don’t get paid until Wed. and didn’t know about it until recently. I don’t have credit cards or people that have money to loan me. I would happily be on it if I had the money.
    I’ve read the protocol several times.

So I take it I can’t have organic butter either? My sausage is just plain ol’ link sausage. Not maple or brown sugar like you see with Johnsonville, it’s just Hill sausage. It doesn’t have carbs, I checked.

There should be a thread on this forum with the people who have succeeded on this diet. So far, I only see a couple of people and if I have to dig through hours of threads to find success stories, I probably won’t bother. IF this is so successful, where is the proof? How can I trust that it really works for everyone? That’s why I chose Threelac, because I read tons of testimonials on it and those people are well, and have been for years.
    I’m not saying this protocol doesn’t work. What I AM saying is that it feels pretty stupid to go through the tremendous effort and expense to do this for several months only to be back at square one again like everything else I’ve tried. I didn’t just do my strict diet (no sausage, no chicken, no half and half…I DID the Candida diet on your protocol last year for two months with NO benefit and I got sicker. No salad dressings, no sugars, no gluten, the WHOLE diet.) I actually found this diet last year and followed it once already. If two months aren’t enough for improvement and I get sicker, I can’t do it again. I HAVE to work.

If I sound negative it’s because I have just put in half a shift at work totally dizzy with brain fog and feeling AWFUL. I’m NOT in the mood to haggle about foods that don’t have carbs in favor of things that make me gag. There HAS to be a better way. I have to go back to work for another 6 hours and be dizzy and feel like crap.

So maybe two months wasn’t long enough, I don’t know….

sammcl

JaneneBean wrote: “Another thing you can try for more energy and weight maintenance is making one of the allowed breads. Search the recipes section. You can make a bread out of coconut, oat bran, buckwheat, teff, or rice bran flour or any combination of these allowed flours. The bread takes like 10 minutes to mix with a spoon.”

I find this difficult to believe it’s okay to eat since it’s a big carb. How is it okay to eat this carb when so many others are a big no no. And why can I make milk kefir and yet not have a little half and half which has 1 carb for 2 tbs. (a half of cup of broccoli has almost 4 grams of carb.) I don’t get it.

I live in a tiny town in Idaho that’s about 1.5 hours from the bigger town that has more food options all of which are VERY expensive. I can’t afford organic chicken. I can’t even afford all these supplements. I mentioned that I don’t have the molybdenum because I don’t get paid until Wed. and didn’t know about it until recently. I don’t have credit cards or people that have money to loan me. I would happily be on it if I had the money.
    I’ve read the protocol several times.

So I take it I can’t have organic butter either? My sausage is just plain ol’ link sausage. Not maple or brown sugar like you see with Johnsonville, it’s just Hill sausage. It doesn’t have carbs, I checked.

There should be a thread on this forum with the people who have succeeded on this diet. So far, I only see a couple of people and if I have to dig through hours of threads to find success stories, I probably won’t bother. IF this is so successful, where is the proof? How can I trust that it really works for everyone? That’s why I chose Threelac, because I read tons of testimonials on it and those people are well, and have been for years.
    I’m not saying this protocol doesn’t work. What I AM saying is that it feels pretty stupid to go through the tremendous effort and expense to do this for several months only to be back at square one again like everything else I’ve tried. I didn’t just do my strict diet (no sausage, no chicken, no half and half…I DID the Candida diet on your protocol last year for two months with NO benefit and I got sicker. No salad dressings, no sugars, no gluten, the WHOLE diet.) I actually found this diet last year and followed it once already. If two months aren’t enough for improvement and I get sicker, I can’t do it again. I HAVE to work.

If I sound negative it’s because I have just put in half a shift at work totally dizzy with brain fog and feeling AWFUL. I’m NOT in the mood to haggle about foods that don’t have carbs in favor of things that make me gag. There HAS to be a better way. I have to go back to work for another 6 hours and be dizzy and feel like crap.

So maybe two months wasn’t long enough, I don’t know….

Janene – I stand by my recommendations. Why don’t you tell us your budget for the next 4 weeks and we can piece a starting plan together.

Also it’s not exactly about carbs, it’s about what your putting into your digestive tracts and what the candida can feed off. The flours you mention do not feed candida – although a couple of those are test items so don’t rush out and buy them yet…!

I understand your frustrated, I was too. I understand you may not believe everyone on here, but from what you have written you didn’t do the diet for two months last year… no coconut oil mentioned, no kefir mentioned etc.

I guess I’ll ask the question, what have you got to loose, it seems you’ve tried everything else….

JaneneBean

I did do coconut oil, it was the right kind and since I had a difficult time eating it by the spoonful because I gagged, I used it in cooking which now I know isn’t as effective if it’s cooked? Plus I DID use kefir as well. That’s where I got the idea for my diet was from this forum. And I was strictly on it for two months. I just got thin and sicker. I not only had my usual rectal yeast, but I got several other symptoms including low back pain, lethargy and leg cramps.
    My budget? It’s laughable. I will probably only have less than $200 for the entire month after the bills are paid. Plus I need to buy some molybdenum and will need more probiotic soon. Just those two things will run probably $50. So shopping with about $32 a week for groceries? That’s what I’ve been up against for almost a year. I don’t qualify for food stamps either. I make about $50 a month too much to get them.
    This just adds to my stress. Good luck if you can make a budget out of practically nothing.

Canish
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 14

Able900 wrote:

I’m so frustrated and angry right now. I really want to believe that something CAN work to make me healthy again, something that can make this rectal itch go AWAY for good.

Janene;

Parasites will cause the itching symptoms you’re speaking of just the same as Candida can. One of the best supplements available on the open market for human parasites in the intestines and colon is “food grade Diatomaceous Earth” also referred to as DE or DTM 808. “Food Grade” is important since there are different types.

Pinworms are a possible parasite because they cause the itching you’ve described, but they don’t normally cause itching all day long. The thing about pinworms is, they normally become more active at night and early in the morning when you wake up; and of course, if you have an overgrowth of parasites, you can also have this parasite in addition to others.

Keep in mind that if you have a fungal infection such as Candida, the DE won’t help a fungal overgrowth. So what you’re doing if you decide to try DE is testing to see if you have an overgrowth of parasites whether you have Candida or not, and if you do, you’re taking steps to cure it. You can definitely have both as the right environment suits both pathogens.

Posted by myucateco:
    “I live in Asia and started having problems with parasites. I am taking DTM right now, thanks Able for the suggestion. It took me a long time to get ahold of it but I’ve been taking it for about a month and it seems to be really helping. I think its more effective then the herbal remedies I’ve tried.”

Able

Hello able!

This food grade Diatomaceous Earth, which one should i order from amazon?

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

JaneneBean wrote: I did do coconut oil, it was the right kind and since I had a difficult time eating it by the spoonful because I gagged, I used it in cooking which now I know isn’t as effective if it’s cooked? Plus I DID use kefir as well. That’s where I got the idea for my diet was from this forum. And I was strictly on it for two months. I just got thin and sicker. I not only had my usual rectal yeast, but I got several other symptoms including low back pain, lethargy and leg cramps.
    My budget? It’s laughable. I will probably only have less than $200 for the entire month after the bills are paid. Plus I need to buy some molybdenum and will need more probiotic soon. Just those two things will run probably $50. So shopping with about $32 a week for groceries? That’s what I’ve been up against for almost a year. I don’t qualify for food stamps either. I make about $50 a month too much to get them.
    This just adds to my stress. Good luck if you can make a budget out of practically nothing.

I fully understand your frustration. I am on one paycheck with two kids I’m raising on it as well. I can barely make it when my ex sends alimony but when he doesn’t it is so hard. My paycheck pretty much goes to rent, utilities and nanny. I was getting angry, ill, desperate, all kinds of emotions. Not until my third month did I finally start to get well enough to say, “OK, I think this is working.” as I was going in cycles of feeling better, then worse etc. I thought I don’t have a bad infestation and actually planned to keep the diet for about a month of two hahahahaha. Well, joke’s on me.

My advice: add supplements slowly. As a beginning just cut out anything that could potentially feed candida, add some quality prebiotic food (just google it) to your diet and probiotic. Forget antifungals for now or do something cheap you find and use it as a start until you can afford more expensive stuff. Soon you will not need molybdenum or something else and then you shift your focus to something else you may benefit from. If you have anything else left out of your budget, get some vitamin/supplements as well.

Molybdenum you can find for around $6 or $7 a bottle on iherb. The physical store is much expensive (I know since my friend paid double that price in the store, have the receipt).

Arijana

sammcl

JaneneBean wrote: I did do coconut oil, it was the right kind and since I had a difficult time eating it by the spoonful because I gagged, I used it in cooking which now I know isn’t as effective if it’s cooked? Plus I DID use kefir as well. That’s where I got the idea for my diet was from this forum. And I was strictly on it for two months. I just got thin and sicker. I not only had my usual rectal yeast, but I got several other symptoms including low back pain, lethargy and leg cramps.

You always get worse before you get better. You need to think more positively as well, think what can I do this month, not about what you can’t do.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Jigidog wrote: This food grade Diatomaceous Earth, which one should i order from amazon?

Jig, it doens’t really about the brand, just key in “Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth” on the Amazon search window and find the amount you want. There are bags and jars ranging from around 3 lbd to 50 lbs. Just go by the price and size of container.

(Be sure it’s Food Grade)
    Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

A great way to reduce costs janene is to make homemade kefir and eat that up all day long; at that point you will be ingesting billions of bacteria. It also is relatively cheap.

-raster

xday2dazex
    Topics: 81
    Replies: 108

I have a quick question on the flours. If they don’t feed the candida, why did I have a reaction to both buckwheat and coconut bread? I’ve avoided them for a while now because I’m scared of them setting me back, but I’m either starving or broke from buying so much frozen veggies all the time. Janene, I was in a really screwed up place last week also. I was about to give up, but I got organized and I’ve been sticking to the same meals every day, and a rigid supplement schedule. Organization seems to be one of the biggest keys to beating this thing. I think Sam and the others organizing a plan will help immensely. If you wouldn’t mind I’d like to see it so I can modify mine. If you want to know what I’m doing, I can let you know. I’m very early in but I feel hopeful, and once you get into a routine and don’t overdo it or rush it (which is hard, I know), It becomes easier. Maybe I’ll post my plan on here or start a new thread. I actually think a thread dedicated to our individual plans would be a great idea if people could get into it, since nothing is ever as black and white as the protocol :/ We could use it to get ideas from each other and find out what we’re missing that might work for us. Keep fighting, I know you’re going through hell and so am I, but if we stay connected here and make our recovery a way of life, one day we’ll heal and it will all be worth it.

-Day

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you react to flours that means you have leaky gut; it doesn’t mean that you are feeding candida. Its an immune system response.

One thing you can do if you wanted is to eat these foods/flours throughout your treatment and just tough out the symptoms. Eventually “you will work it in” and won’t be nearly as allergic to it as your gut heals. Prebiotic foods would be a great example of something you should consider toughing out.

-raster

Frankshank
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 16

JaneneBean: You come across as though you’re feeling really down so I think one of the key supplements you should be taking is Ashwagandha. The brand I’m using is Organic India. There are no fillers, it’s from a region known to produce excellent Ashwagandha, and it’s not an absolute killer price wise. What does it do? It’ll make you feel more positive, it’ll increase your energy levels, and it’ll improve your focus. It’s really rather good. I’ve got a cupboard full of medicinal and tonic herbs and this is most definitely the real deal.

forevercody
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 10

JaneneBean,

I am on day 79 and have no symptoms. I have followed the protocol on the forum. I was wondering too why there wasn’t tons of success stories but it makes sense. Now that I am healed I have no reason to come back to the forum. When a person is healed they move on. Some people post their success story and some don’t. I really hope things get better for you.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘I don't know what to believe anymore’ is closed to new replies.