I don't know what to believe anymore

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I don't know what to believe anymore

This topic contains 32 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  jereseib 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

JaneneBean
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 35

I’m so frustrated and angry right now. I really want to believe that something CAN work to make me healthy again, something that can make this rectal itch go AWAY for good. I WANT to believe that…but I don’t. How will I ever get better if I gag at an open bottle of vinegar? I almost threw up trying to take spoonfuls of coconut oil. I’ve got so many supplement bottles in the cupboard, they practically fall out when I open the door.

Able, you say this protocol works. But you’re the only one I’ve heard that says you’re better and have been for quite some time. Who else has it worked for? How can I genuinely BELIEVE it will work for ME? Everything I have tried only works for a few weeks, then it’s back to square one.

I can tell I’m doing something with all of this effort as my lymph nodes in my groin have been hurting off and on for months. I have itchy bumps that come and go and now I’m dizzy. I KNOW my body is fighting. Part of my fear is that if I hit it TOO hard with the diet and supplements (I can’t afford), I will end up losing work. I CAN’T call in sick anymore. Last week I lost a full day due to vertigo. I HAVE to work or we will go under. So now, despite the fact that I can’t tilt my head back at ALL, I work.

I’m scared. I’m exhausted. I’m worried. And most of all…I’m broke. This disease or whatever it is, is robbing me blind.

Plus, would a prolapsed uterus hinder my healing? I know for a fact that my uterus is sitting on my lower bowel which makes it difficult to have a bowel movement some days. I worry that there are pockets created by that which allow yeast to stay where it can’t be expelled easily. Does anyone have information on Candida in a person with prolapse?

HELP!!! I’m discouraged.

🙁 Janene

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

JaneneBean wrote: I’m so frustrated and angry right now. I really want to believe that something CAN work to make me healthy again, something that can make this rectal itch go AWAY for good. I WANT to believe that…but I don’t. How will I ever get better if I gag at an open bottle of vinegar? I almost threw up trying to take spoonfuls of coconut oil. I’ve got so many supplement bottles in the cupboard, they practically fall out when I open the door.

Able, you say this protocol works. But you’re the only one I’ve heard that says you’re better and have been for quite some time. Who else has it worked for? How can I genuinely BELIEVE it will work for ME? Everything I have tried only works for a few weeks, then it’s back to square one.

I can tell I’m doing something with all of this effort as my lymph nodes in my groin have been hurting off and on for months. I have itchy bumps that come and go and now I’m dizzy. I KNOW my body is fighting. Part of my fear is that if I hit it TOO hard with the diet and supplements (I can’t afford), I will end up losing work. I CAN’T call in sick anymore. Last week I lost a full day due to vertigo. I HAVE to work or we will go under. So now, despite the fact that I can’t tilt my head back at ALL, I work.

I’m scared. I’m exhausted. I’m worried. And most of all…I’m broke. This disease or whatever it is, is robbing me blind.

Plus, would a prolapsed uterus hinder my healing? I know for a fact that my uterus is sitting on my lower bowel which makes it difficult to have a bowel movement some days. I worry that there are pockets created by that which allow yeast to stay where it can’t be expelled easily. Does anyone have information on Candida in a person with prolapse?

HELP!!! I’m discouraged.

🙁 Janene

Janene,

If I’ve learnt anything from my time on this forum, reducing and eliminating a candida infection takes dedication and time.

There are some very good testimonials here which you should read: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm14080_Testimonies-of-Success.aspx#post14080

Are you following the protocol? I know it’s very hard, but following it is key to this diet, otherwise there’s not much point in trying, you might as well eat ten Easter eggs this weekend! Since I have been taking the right vitamins and took the time to understand what food can do to your body I have seen an improvement, I still have a long way to go, but I rarely bloat up (if sticking to the right foods) and I’m doing some pretty big lifts in the gym again.

I remember your first post in Candida Stories turned into a debate about Threelac(?) which asks the question how much of this are you following? Everything can be very expensive, I know that first hand, but I also know that every time I cheat I set myself back up to a week – although I don’t cheat, I’m too focused on getting better.

I personally wrote myself a plan so I could forecast how much money I would be spending, not just buying supplements etc on the fly. I have a sheet that I tick off morning, noon and night to ensure I take the correct supplements at the right time – I think one of the unmentioned keys to beating candida is organisation, I really do.

I personally don’t have any information on the prolapse you mention – is this a doctors diagnosis?

Keep chipping away at this, it does get better – you can’t let it beat you mentally. If it does then the candida has already won…..

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Hang in there darling. You will heal. You need time. No quick fix. I keep making mistakes that set me back. But let me tell you I could go on living like this for the rest of my life. I’m so much healthier than I ever was.

I don’t need sugar, or bread to make me happy. That took some time to get to this point.

It took me a long time to heal. Not sure if I’m there yet…but I can tell you if you listen closely to Able and are dedicated you should see some results by the end of your third month.

Stay strong. I know there are many times when I was very worn down and just couldn’t do this anymore. Now it is becoming a way of life and I’m just doing it. I started the real diet on November 15th. I’m certain that I would not be as far as I am without the support here and the wisdom of Able and Raster. Listen to them they have walked the walk. They don’t talk they do. Once we get the courage to stay strong and do with out the set backs we too will heal. Stay positive. Don’t beat yourself up…although I know how easy that is to do. I don’t know when I got to where I am…because it was so slow that I didn’t notice but I feel sooooooo much better. Even feel like I could cheat and do ok…but I don’t dare. I think I will wait a full year. Give it to Thanksgiving in 1213 and see how I do.

I pray for peace and healing for you…but know it takes slow stead time…hang in there. Day by day you will get better.

I had much improvement when I started probiotics, greek yogurt and kefir 🙂

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

I have had my diagreements with able but one thing I am certain of is that he has a good diet. The problem is folks don’t follow it. They half ass it or make excuses to break from it. I’m one of them. Able and others are here to help and they are not asking anything in return. you have to want it and at least Make a Half ass effort to read the forums more so you can understand why it’s important to follow the protocol. If your not committed it’s not able’s fault nor the protocol it’s yours. Usually when questioned there is a reason the diet isn’t working. Die offs can make I seem like it’s getting worse before it gets better.

If your that miserable and can’t handle the diet go see a doctor. Most have little faith doctors will help you cure candida but at least they may give you short term relief which it seems is exactly what you want or need.

Jackie2
    Participant

Marbro wrote: I have had my diagreements with able but one thing I am certain of is that he has a good diet. The problem is folks don’t follow it. They half ass it or make excuses to break from it. I’m one of them. Able and others are here to help and they are not asking anything in return. you have to want it and at least Make a Half ass effort to read the forums more so you can understand why it’s important to follow the protocol. If your not committed it’s not able’s fault nor the protocol it’s yours. Usually when questioned there is a reason the diet isn’t working. Die offs can make I seem like it’s getting worse before it gets better.

If your that miserable and can’t handle the diet go see a doctor. Most have little faith doctors will help you cure candida but at least they may give you short term relief which it seems is exactly what you want or need.

I have gone to many doctors, and had an appointment at the Mayo Clinic..had to wait until mother in law gets out of hospital. All Doctors said that this was in my head..not a real illness etc. It will go away in time. They went through 6-7 doctors since no one would see me. I’m not sure what they would do for me. But I’m starting to believe that Able has the cure and I was not being strong enough. I truly believe that is the ticket. Stay strong. Come here for support. We all seem to slip up and get back on track.

Best of luck.

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

Jackie2 wrote:

I have had my diagreements with able but one thing I am certain of is that he has a good diet. The problem is folks don’t follow it. They half ass it or make excuses to break from it. I’m one of them. Able and others are here to help and they are not asking anything in return. you have to want it and at least Make a Half ass effort to read the forums more so you can understand why it’s important to follow the protocol. If your not committed it’s not able’s fault nor the protocol it’s yours. Usually when questioned there is a reason the diet isn’t working. Die offs can make I seem like it’s getting worse before it gets better.

I have gone to many doctors, and had an appointment at the Mayo Clinic..had to wait until mother in law gets out of hospital. All Doctors said that this was in my head..not a real illness etc. It will go away in time. They went through 6-7 doctors since no one would see me. I’m not sure what they would do for me. But I’m starting to believe that Able has the cure and I was not being strong enough. I truly believe that is the ticket. Stay strong. Come here for support. We all seem to slip up and get back on track.

Best of luck.

Wow I know not to move to michigan. Never met a doctor that would refuse to see me. I understand some doctors if not most will not accept candida as the issue but All the ones I have seen would prescribe some cream or something to aliviate some of the symptoms that JaneneBean has shared with us.

I agree that Able is onto something that is very effective but it does take the person needing treatment the will to follow it. I hope JaneneBean sticks with it but a person should not be afraid to see their doctor for anything. They might not hear what they want or get the treatment they need but doctors do have the ability to heal.

Jackie2
    Participant

Nope,
    The doctor who first told me I had Thrush due to antibiotics from another Dr. in the practice said I would feel better by Thanksgiving.

ENT said : This Candida stuff was a cult. There is no such thing as Candida…for “normal” people. People who have aids and cancer but not “normal” people. He said this was just a big cult.

Others said I’m clear and don’t have anything…and yet…I eat/cheat try something new and severe reaction.

That is until I fully listened to what Able and Raster had posted. Did the diet and followed it to the “T”. When I was able to add probiotics, yogurt and kefir I started to feel much better.

I was still in search of a doctor to tell me I was ok. That my diet was ok. My health was ok. etc.

Still searching.

Linda Rebber
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

JaneneBean, I can relate to how you feel. I have tried so hard and it seems like I go back to being sick. Sometimes, I feel good in the morning and I get so excited. It’s like I forget that I was sick. Then I’ll start feeling bad in the evening. If you saw how many supplements I’ve bought you’d laugh. I’ve been to ALL kinds of practitioners, with many different diagnoses. Last year, alone I spent $5100. out of pocket and I have two insurances. I worked as an RN for 35 years and have not been able to work for the last 10 years.

I went to an internal medicine doctor a year ago, she sent me to a nutritionist, who diagnosed me with candida. She told me to go carb free, and told me to take about 5 types of antifungals, all at once. I experience horrific die off. Then she told me to ask the doctor for Nystatin. The doctor refused and said she did not believe in “candida”, nor did she believe diet had anything to do with it. The nutritionist said to go to another doctor in the same officer and she would give me Nystatin. I went back and she refused to give it to me. They told me to go to a naturalpath, which is not included in my insurance and the first visit was $500. and so on.

In my opinion, this site has better advice and information than anywhere I’ve been. I’m still struggling, I feel good one hour and bad the next. I’m going to really try sticking with the diet and progress very slowly to avoid die off.

I feel for you and hope you feel better soon. Just wondering if coconut oil would help for your rectal itch. Just a thought. I’m new and still learning.

JaneneBean

No on the coconut oil for my itchy tush Linda. I tried everything. I used tea tree oil with aloe vera, apple cider vinegar, I use a natural soap from the health food store too. The only thing that actually works to temporarily relieve the itch is Benedryl cream and how good is that for your tush skin on a regular basis? I’m sure it wasn’t healthy or even meant to be used like that but I was losing so much sleep from itching at night that I had to use something.
    I even tried using yogurt. I’ve taken quality garlic supplements which leave me feeling lethargic even more because they lower your blood pressure and mine is already low.

As for Doctors? I’m convinced they are like lawyers. There’s only about 1 in 100 that are worth talking to. They all want to medicate you, not fix the problem. Just fix a symptom. Every time I go to the Doctor, they tell me something I already know from looking it up online, then charge me a small fortune for that information. Doctors don’t want us to figure out we have Candida because they rely on sick people to make a living. If we all started eating better, can you imagine what would happen to Doctors?
    Candida IS real. I have the symptoms for prove it. I’m not just making up this nasty rash on my butt. Or the white tongue, dizzy spells, brainfog…etc. I don’t need all this drama, that’s for sure.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

JaneneBean wrote: No on the coconut oil for my itchy tush Linda. I tried everything. I used tea tree oil with aloe vera, apple cider vinegar, I use a natural soap from the health food store too. The only thing that actually works to temporarily relieve the itch is Benedryl cream and how good is that for your tush skin on a regular basis? I’m sure it wasn’t healthy or even meant to be used like that but I was losing so much sleep from itching at night that I had to use something.
    I even tried using yogurt. I’ve taken quality garlic supplements which leave me feeling lethargic even more because they lower your blood pressure and mine is already low.

As for Doctors? I’m convinced they are like lawyers. There’s only about 1 in 100 that are worth talking to. They all want to medicate you, not fix the problem. Just fix a symptom. Every time I go to the Doctor, they tell me something I already know from looking it up online, then charge me a small fortune for that information. Doctors don’t want us to figure out we have Candida because they rely on sick people to make a living. If we all started eating better, can you imagine what would happen to Doctors?
    Candida IS real. I have the symptoms for prove it. I’m not just making up this nasty rash on my butt. Or the white tongue, dizzy spells, brainfog…etc. I don’t need all this drama, that’s for sure.

Dear JaneneBean,

I was reading your post and I know what you are going through as I had the same symptoms for a very long time. I had rectal itching for over 20 years. They where on and off and sometimes unbearable and sometimes mild but they where always with me. I tried everything from steroids, diets, anti-fungals, etc etc. What I noticed only was that some food aggravated it more than other foods. If mild was on a scale of 0 to 10 a number 3 did I experience too number 10 where my underpants where full with blood and slime. I started with different diets trying to get it down and it helped in a way for some days only to get it back. Then I developed a break down of my nervous -system with panic attacks, depression etc.

If you search my name here in the forum you will see from my letters that I was fighting the idea that it could sit in the head as I have always felt that my head was sitting on my shoulders and my mind was the strongest thing holding me together not freaking out. But the anexity 24/7 and the now and than slash-hammer of a panic attack really drove me nuts. The only thing holding me up was my mind and as the doctor didn’t find a single thing wrong in my body I started wondering.

On my list of symptoms there where nearly all candida symptoms. Stomach pain, rectal itching, eyes itching, brain-fog, dizzy, anxiety, panic attacks, depression, no sex drive for over a year, blood in the seeds, UT infection feeling (burning sensation while urinating) change between diarrhoeas and constipations, headaches (not so many but coming now and then), muscle pain, joint pains, out of breath, heart palpitations. I did different diets for over a year and I lost over 30 kg. When I came here to the forums diet I felt quite good for the first days only to witness that it went downhill from then. After 2.5 month of very strong and faithfull diet here I had to give up. I thought I was going to die, I reacted to everything and decided to have to know.

I checked the body, blood, urine, x-rays of stomach, they put a camera into my bladder, etc. as Isaid there was nothing but I felt terrible.
    Next step I was eating fruits and branflakes in the morning with yoghurt and I started with EFT tapping. I gave a shit about diet, and antifungals and checked other problems like IBS, etc. The EFT tapping was a break through and I learned that the under-conciousness is extremely powerful in activating the nervous-system and the immune defences are kicking in when your body releases stress hormones. This has nothing with your thinking and wishing to do.

I do the EFT tapping now all the time for every thought and sensation and I learned that there is a relaxed state in my body I had never known before. I must have identified myself with that stress identity believing that this is me, that this is normal. So, all the reactions from my body where not seen as a connection to my mind.

What is the situation now. I eat everything for two weeks, I even eat unhealthy stuff, I had a beer and a brandy and some junk food, When there comes rectal itching up or that strange feeling from my stomach which I called “poision coming from my stomach” (some chemical reaction, I believe it is a histamine release) I start with EFT directly and all the symptoms are gone after 10 min.

The good with EFT is that the manual is free of charge online, movies are free of charge and if you follow the money trail you find lots of people wanting to help other without charge. I wrote a post about it with all the links to free material. Search for my last 10 posts and you will find them. YOu have nothing to loose. Why not trying. You dont have to believe in it and it still works. You can even have your diet and eat the anti-fungals.

My lesson is that one should not discount the power of the mind. It was the only thing which helped me to get well.

yours
    Thomas

sammcl

JaneneBean wrote: No on the coconut oil for my itchy tush Linda. I tried everything. I used tea tree oil with aloe vera, apple cider vinegar, I use a natural soap from the health food store too. The only thing that actually works to temporarily relieve the itch is Benedryl cream and how good is that for your tush skin on a regular basis? I’m sure it wasn’t healthy or even meant to be used like that but I was losing so much sleep from itching at night that I had to use something.

Are you following the protocol though

sammcl

Sorry, I should elaborate a bit more. Every other day I see someone come onto this forum saying its not working etc so I want to be sure I can give you the right advise and help you onto a recovery.

Anthony16
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 4

I have to agree with your opinion on doctors.
    I am a vet student and have shared classes with med students.
    They are not mother teresa types like people think.
    Most did medicine for ambition,challenge,prestige,money,job security .
    Very much like lawyers(maybe also vets 🙂 )
    The point i make is that they are trained to formulate a diagnosis and then prescribe the correct medicine,not treat the root cause.
    They are 200k in debt when they graduate.
    More patients they see and more money they make the better

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

JaneneBean wrote: I’m so frustrated and angry right now. I really want to believe that something CAN work to make me healthy again, something that can make this rectal itch go AWAY for good.

Janene;

Parasites will cause the itching symptoms you’re speaking of just the same as Candida can. One of the best supplements available on the open market for human parasites in the intestines and colon is “food grade Diatomaceous Earth” also referred to as DE or DTM 808. “Food Grade” is important since there are different types.

Pinworms are a possible parasite because they cause the itching you’ve described, but they don’t normally cause itching all day long. The thing about pinworms is, they normally become more active at night and early in the morning when you wake up; and of course, if you have an overgrowth of parasites, you can also have this parasite in addition to others.

Keep in mind that if you have a fungal infection such as Candida, the DE won’t help a fungal overgrowth. So what you’re doing if you decide to try DE is testing to see if you have an overgrowth of parasites whether you have Candida or not, and if you do, you’re taking steps to cure it. You can definitely have both as the right environment suits both pathogens.

Posted by myucateco:
    “I live in Asia and started having problems with parasites. I am taking DTM right now, thanks Able for the suggestion. It took me a long time to get ahold of it but I’ve been taking it for about a month and it seems to be really helping. I think its more effective then the herbal remedies I’ve tried.”

Able

JaneneBean

sammcl wrote: Sorry, I should elaborate a bit more. Every other day I see someone come onto this forum saying its not working etc so I want to be sure I can give you the right advise and help you onto a recovery.

Let me just tell you what I’ve been doing and eating so you will have some info to go off of.

Every morning I eat two eggs, and two links of sausage. I drink ONLY lemon water with stevia and Teeccino with stevia and half and half. For lunch or dinner I eat veggies (mostly cauliflower, broccoli, or asparagus) and have some chicken breast. I also eat chicken on a large salad. I have been eating a little tomato, not much. I put cucumber on my salads. For a dressing I have a measured tablespoon of home made Ranch dressing mixed with plain yogurt, never any more than that and I only eat that Ranch maybe 3 times a week, adding up to 3 tablespoons per week.
    I was eating peanuts regularly but I cut them out. Now when I want a nut, I just get some pumpkin seeds as I’ve heard they are okay on the diet.
    I drink at least 64 oz. of lemon water a day, usually more.

The supplements I’m taking are:
    B complex
    Milk thistle
    spirulina (NOW brand)
    AlphaSorb-C 1000
    Threelac (2-3 a day)
    and sometimes some OregaMax (100% raw oregano) (I take this sometimes depending on my symptoms and how good I feel)
    Also I take Kyolic, a garlic supplement with other Candida cleanse herbs

When my sausage runs out, I’m planning on going without it for a few weeks and sticking to eggs. I want to do a two week cleanse with mostly veggies, eggs and if I can, some plain yogurt with Stevia. But I don’t know if that’s allowed on the cleanse.
    I will also be starting Candex soon. It has great reviews and a friend is mailing me some to try.
    I have to stick with the Threelac as my probiotic until I use it up and can afford to buy the other variety mentioned here.

As for pinworms? I don’t have them. My itch isn’t just at night. Plus, I get small smooth bumps around my bottom that will itch terribly until I scratch, then they form a welt which oozes clear liquid for a few hours. That turns into a scab of sorts which will get thick and take several days to crust and peel. Once it’s peeled off down to a thinner skin layer again, it starts all over again. That is on the cheek area closer to the actual rectum. The rectum itches as well, but doesn’t scab over like that. It’s almost like Eczema. It acts like athletes foot and the itch is identical, so it seems like yeast to me. The one thing that works is ice packs but I can’t exactly go around with ice on my butt all day. On any given day, I have about 12 square inches of rash and scab down there, sometimes more.
    I’m considering a parasite cleanse though, I’m pretty sure there some critters in there.

How do I get adequate amounts of protein daily if I’m not eating meat for two weeks? Eggs are good but only provide a few calories and a bit of protein. With only 6 grams of protein each, I’d have to eat 8 eggs a day or something like that.
    I really hope I can eat plain yogurt during the cleanse, it keeps me sane.
    I’ve never like avocados, I hate celery, eggplant, and artichokes.

So that’s about it…other than the water I drink is filtered and left out all night to get rid of the chlorine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘I don't know what to believe anymore’ is closed to new replies.