I discovered I can´t digest very well eggs. What to do???

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I discovered I can´t digest very well eggs. What to do???

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Danny33 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Paleofan
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 7

Hello guys. I want to cry so bad cause I started a more strict diet with only eggs,meat and vegetables. I eat 8 eggs per day. But I was always bloated and I didn´t know why and I find out it was the eggs. But now I don´t know what to eat. I can´t eat just meat and vegetables. Coconut bread taste bad and without eggs theres no way I´ll eat it. I eat some avocados but even eating them I need more calories. Some sugestions?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Tons of food you can eat on the diet…try out nuts and seeds if you soak them in water first. Try out the other flours such as almond meal, teff, buckwheat, millet, etc. Try out eating rice or buckwheat. Try out different dishes from places in other countries. Italian food, chinese, african, and mexican food is generally ok on the diet if you remove major offenders such as gluten or wheat, sugar, vinegar, rice, corn, etc.

Fermented food is another thing worth exploring and tastes pretty good. Let us know if you can’t find the recipes forum.

-raster

Paleofan
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 7

Thanks raster for your amazing answer. Although I´ll stick with meats. I digest them very easly. But eat 4 or 5 peaces of chicken or pork per day is very expensive. Anyway. I have another question. I´m very thin and I need calories maybe around 2200 kcal If I eat 1500 kcal can I get the other 700 kcal from olive oil or it is very fatty take 700 kcal from olive oil?

raster
    Participant

I would try out baking the different breads and then you get a more rounded meal of meat, veggies and bread. Try out other side dishes too and make a variety of salads, soups, etc. You could potentially make all your food for the month in one day and freeze it and thaw it throughout the month for lunch and dinner, etc.

I wouldn’t aim to consume olive oil raw but maybe coconut oil instead as an alternative.

Also I would avoid pork or beef if possible because it takes 2+ days to digest whereas chicken and fish take hours to digest. If you become constipated this is a beneficial environment for the yeast.

-raster

Henschy
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 43

Oh whats wrong with olive oil Ras? I thought it was good stuff :/

raster
    Participant

I just wouldnt consume olive oil raw in large quantities like they suggested…I also wouldn’t use olive oil as a replacement for food.

-raster

lead
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 30

If you want to keep inflammation as low as possible, consumption of Omega-6 should be reduced (the ratio of Omega-6:Omega-3 should be kept as low as possible), and it is enough to look it up here and you’ll see that a tablespoon of olive oil has about 1300 mg of Omega-6 with only 100 mg of Omega-3. If you drink about a liter a day, it may be a problem (just to inform you that it’s not something that is the-more-the-better).

A whole avocado has about 3400 mg of Omega-6 and 221 mg of Omega-6 (has a lot of great types of fats, though (and folate), and in some studies it’s been shown to lower cholesterol levels, promote the production of antioxidants, and is considered the healthiest fruit in the world).

A cup (170 g) of buckwheat has about 1634 mg of Omega-6 whereas the amount of Omega-3 is 133 mg.

A cup (94 g) of oat bran has about 2487 mg of Omega-6 with about 114 mg of Omega-3.

The ratio you get should ideally be about 4-1 : 1 (Omega-6 : Omega-3) (the lower, the better, there isn’t really any lower bound here). Otherwise inflammation could come up and might cause some problems. Some signs of inflammation are elevated High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein (HS-CRP) levels, elevated HDL, homocysteine, etc.

Cod Liver Oil is really great at improving the ratio (and has a lot of Vitamin A, D (contains some cholesterol too, though, for what it’s worth)) and is recommended.

To some extent Flaxseed Oil, Chia seeds could also help, but these are just random examples, you could look up other helpful foods on the website (I’ve hidden a lot of links on this post). Fish, of course, helps too, but don’t forget about the mercury they could carry.

You could get more Omega-3 from supplements, but beware of putting them in heat. They’re fragile and when heated or oxidized could even induce some damage to the liver, could promote the formation of free radicals, etc. But just be careful with heat and you’ll be fine.

A cup (95 g) of almonds, by the way, has 11462 mg of Omega-6 and almost non-existent 5 mg of Omega-3 (if anyone’s interested).

I haven’t seen anyone write about Omega-6:Omega-3 ratios on this forum and so decided to inform you all a bit.

Henschy
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 43

Oh snap!

I must be getting very high amounts of omega 6.

I eat alot of buckwheat, big buckwheat crackers with alot of organic almond butter on top for calorie intake to maintain weight, probably about 6 of these aday. Then lactosefree naturaletaste yogurt with buckwheat brans as cereal, then buckwheat porridge, and a few dinners/lunch a week I do whole buckwheat grains on the side of meats.

Also eat avocado, olive oil thats both marinating the meats and use it to not burn the meats in the oven, then I use alot of olive oil on the buckwheat and vegetables.

But I also take fishoils and eat fish a few times a week, but I wonder if thats enough omega 3 to weigh up for all the omega 6 I’m getting.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Just a note.

I cut eggs out of my diet for months because they gave me stomach aches and bloating, I assumed it was a food sensitivity initially. After supplementing with HCL for my low stomach acid I can eat gigantic omelets and eggs everyday with zero issues.

-D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I discovered I can´t digest very well eggs. What to do???’ is closed to new replies.