I digest Chicken/Meat better than Vegetables – What does this mean?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I digest Chicken/Meat better than Vegetables – What does this mean?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nikki 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

It seems to me that I digest chicken/meat better than boiled vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, bell pepper, and raw lattice/spinach.

Even though meat may take more time to digest, the resultant stool when I eat meat is solid and normal. But, When I eat vegetables it appears loose, its not completely formed, and stool shows some undigested vegetables.

What does this mean? Should I start eating more chicken than vegetables, so that there wont be any fermentation in my colon?

Any thoughts?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Its just one of those things that you’ll be dealing with as you get over candida; sometimes veggies do not digest very well. There are a few ways to get them to digest better; the first and easiest is to chew your food longer. Chew your food 30+ times per each bite and this will reduce it to smaller particles. Your body can digest this easier and will give you more energy. Also, if you purchase bitters, this will allow your body to produce digestive enzymes naturally which will break down the vegetable material.

You aren’t producing enough digestive enzymes which are produced through the salivary glands.

-raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

You could have some bad bacteria in your guts that are feeding on the fibre, or maybe just not enough good bacteria to digest it well. Have you been eating those vegetables consistently for a long time? It can take the gut flora some time to adapt to new sources of chow. Cooking them thoroughly might help, since it reduces the toxins. Limiting portions is another thing to try; some people have a “threshold”, which is probably related to the state of their flora. Gas and bloating would be other signs that it’s the fibre.

nikki

Raster,

What all the available options for bitters?

I see swedish bitters on the protocol, but do we have any other choice, any type of food?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There are different types of bitters but they all work similarly. I think swedish bitters work best but never tried them.

There’s lemon, orange, grape, and more…

-raster

nikki

I know that we shouldn’t be eating grapes, and oranges on the diet…..

do you think squeezing half a lemon in the mouth after each meal going to work?

thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I digest Chicken/Meat better than Vegetables – What does this mean?’ is closed to new replies.