I am struggling – any help??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I am struggling – any help??

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sue27uk
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I don’t know where to start really. After being seriously ill in April, and having an operation I was on extremely strong antibiotics (being injected IV). This was followed by a course of tablets (4 types of antibiotics). Inevitably this gave me thrush. I have since been diagnosed with a fissure which I cannot get rid of!
    I am trying to find a diet which helps everything, I have IBS so can’t have much fibre. However with a fissure I am meant to eat lots of fibre. I have also had thrush for the last 5 months and feel like I am going mad. Having gone to a dietician for my IBS I find that my foods are now extremely limited, and if I follow this diet completely i have nothing left to eat. If anyone else has this problem do you have any suggestions?? I’m beginning to lose all hope of ever getting rid of any of this. I aim to follow the diet as much as I can 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

sue27uk wrote: This was followed by a course of tablets (4 types of antibiotics). Inevitably this gave me thrush.
    I am trying to find a diet which helps everything, I have IBS so can’t have much fibre.

For help with thrush, read the “thrush” post on the forum.
    Who told you not to eat fiber with IBS?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Take fiber to heal your gut. You need to heal your gut as much as possible. Maybe look into digestive enzymes (grape bitters are one kind), molybdenum, probiotics, and calcium. B12 deficiencies are common. Do you have leaky gut?

If possible alternate your foods throughout the week and don’t eat the same thing everyday. Things that I really like include pumpkin muffins, coconut bread, special crackers, greek yogurt, eggs, etc. There are quite a few recipes on the forum and elsewhere that can spur up all sorts of ideas. Another idea is look into the special flours, such as coconut flour, almond meal, etc. Depending on where you are in your diet, you can perhaps start trying things like rice bran, oat bran (which help gut). There are all sorts of alternative foods to discover, you just got to spend time discovering them.

Are you still taking medication? How long are planning on continuing it if you are?
    Any other medicines?

How is your sleep and energy? Are you drinking coffee? Are you fatigued all the time (this can be caused by adrenal fatigue)? There are ways to cure adrenal fatigue.

Can you afford to go to a naturopathic doctor?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘I am struggling – any help??’ is closed to new replies.