I am new here and I desperately need advice!

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals I am new here and I desperately need advice!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Kag 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I found this forum after searching online for anything that would help. I am pretty desperate. So, roughly a year ago, I developed a terrible rash on my lips that would go through a cycle. First my lips would burn and swell, following that they would rash and then it would subside for a day or two and start all over. I will say that during the four months that it was really bad, I also had angular chelitis that I finally got rid of using a topical antifungal for several weeks.

I went to see a dermatologist but it took forever to see one because of having no insurance and by that time the rash was somewhat better and they were not impressed. 🙁 I had gone on a Candida Cleanse and the diet at the suggestion of a friend so it improved somewhat. I also used cortisone ointment when the swelling would start and it seemed to help. I tried not to overuse this however because I had heard bad things about cortisone and skin.

A little history, I am a 44 year old female with a history of yeast infections from puberty on and lots of Utis, meaning lots of antibiotics. I just started another yeast cleanse and the diet again and will stay on it much longer. A naturopath told me that I need to be on a cleanse longer than a month to help this. The crazy thing is, I have no other obvious symptoms for yeast, or at least I think I don’t. I haven’t even had a female yeast infection in over a year.

The dermatologist is doing a patch test for common skin care product allergens on Feb 1st. I feel, however, that this is food related. I think it might be an allergy if it is not yeast. She does not agree of course… Any and all help would be appreciated, especially if you have had a similar problem. I have been crying off and on today because I am so frustrated with always being in pain… Thank you so much in advance.

Kag

Also, I did forget to mention that I am highly sensitive to smells, always have been. And one additional question, has anybody on here ever gotten completely better with the diet and cleanse? I am feeling really discouraged.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Kag;32765 wrote: And one additional question, has anybody on here ever gotten completely better with the diet and cleanse?

Hello, Kag, welcome to the forum.
    Yes, people do get completely better if they stay on a good protocol long enough. But once you’re better, if you go back to the average American diet, meaning a diet basically full of nothing but carbohydrates and sugar, then there’s a chance that you’ll cause the Candida albicans to reestablish themselves and send you right back in the middle of another infestation. The reason for this is that there is always Candida in the body, but normally it’s in the regular yeast form and not the fungal pathogen form; but the right environment can turn the fungal gene on which can then lead to a Candida albicans overgrowth.

Read our protocol and the testimonies, and if you’d like to have the stricter diet that you’ll need for the protocol, just let me know.

Testimonies

The Protocol

Able

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Kag,

Rash on face and sensitivity to smells are two of the many symptoms that I have. Symptoms can vary from person to person so the fact that your not currently getting yeast infections may not mean much.

If you suspect it is food related, keep a food diary and look for triggers and always read ingredients. you can always get tested for food allergies.

What I have found so far that is causing my rash is ->
    1. Fruits/sugars
    2. High-Flora pro-biotic (anything over 15 Billion CFU)
    3. Pizza (I suspect wheat/dough/yeast is to blame for this since dairy doesn’t seem to bother me)

I’m currently on a loose version of the candida diet now until I can afford some quality supplements. Garlic, lemon, and limes are currently what I’m taking besides the diet.

This is a process and LISTON TO YOUR BODY.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

I got rashes over the summer that nooone knew till my ob an hr away culturd the skin and it was yeast. I’m so sorry u are in pain.I know what its like to cry cuz your just tired with no fight left in u, I get it.

U will beat this but it will probably take a longer time since u seem to have this a very long time. I wish u luck in your recovery! U can do this! We can do this LOL cuz I need all the help I can get myself. One thing is if u fall off the diet and binge, like I’ve been doing this past month, don’t give up keep trying!

Kag

Thank you so much for your responses. Able, I tried to find the protocol but I am not familiar with this forum yet so I couldn’t find it… I am on a pretty strict version of the candida diet but this is only the second time and obviously last time wasn’t long enough.

I am going to a dermatologist but she insists on doing the product testing first. I really wish they would test me for food but since I don’t have insurance, I am kind of at the mercy of the university docs.

I haven’t been a big bread or pasta eater for a long time but obviously, I shouldn’t have been eating any at all in addition to sugar. My biggest problem has always been with sweets, but I am pretty good at quitting things if they cause me pain. I really miss vinegar a lot though because I eat a lot of salads on this diet.

Again, thanks so much for your responses. Any more responses or ideas would be greatly welcomed.

Kag

Oh and Danny33, I thought probiotics helped with this.. Why would that cause your rashes?

Able900
    Spectator

Thank you so much for your responses. Able, I tried to find the protocol but I am not familiar with this forum yet so I couldn’t find it…

Hello, Kag. I assume you saw the link for the protocol which I placed in my last post to you.

I really miss vinegar a lot though because I eat a lot of salads on this diet.

You can use Bragg’s apple cider vinegar in place of white distilled vinegar.

As far as the probiotics causing Danny’s rash is concerned; a rash is one of the many symptoms of the die-off toxins. The probiotics can kill some of the Candida, therefore any number of die-off symptoms can appear including a rash.

Able

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Oh and Danny33, I thought probiotics helped with this.. Why would that cause your rashes?

Pro-biotics are needed for sure. Like Able said It’s probably die-off. So it means I will have to slowly work up the number of probiotics. For now I just eat fermented foods like greek yogurt, Kefir, and occasionally Kombucha. Also looking in to making my own sour kraut and kimchi. These foods all have lower levels of beneficial bacteria.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Kag

I did read the symptoms that yeast can cause, I don’t seem to have many of them although I do have a few. I came on here because I work in a health food co-op and a couple of people said it might be yeast. One girl had a rash around her mouth and eyes that she cured with the diet and cleanse over a period of two months. I guess it was a little optimistic to think that mine would go away as fast.

I don’t seem to have any food allergies that I have noticed. I kept a food diary for months and it doesn’t seem to be any one thing that trips the rash off. Once I started the diet and using some cortisone ointment for about a month (just two weeks with cortisone) I noticed an improvement but not complete resolution. I did get rid of the chelitis completely with the diet and the cream.

Here is a weird one, if somebody can answer this. The only two things I have noticed that cause it to kick in for sure have been restaurant food, especially asian, or ocean water. I went to the ocean twice in the last year and both times I was in the water a lot, later that night I had the rash. Why would ocean water kick this in? I spent time in the sun, no problems, but the salt water… crazy…

Also, is anyone on here besides Danny doing a looser version of the diet. I don’t want to lose too much weight. Not that I couldn’t stand to lose some but I think it is unhealthy to lose a bunch and then put in back on. Plus I would really really really miss almond butter.

The only die-off that I have seemed to experience is very itchy skin, but that is pretty much it. Although I have not been following the strict protocol as I read it today.

Also, what are your thought on quinoa? We sell organic quinoa at my Co-op and I thought it would be okay later because of higher protein and lower carb intake. I also use it to bread things occasionally.

Let me know! And thanks in advance!

Kag

Any ideas from any of you on the reaction to restaurant food especially asian and ocean water? I am really curious to see if you have any ideas?

Katie

Able900
    Spectator

Kag;33233 wrote: Any ideas from any of you on the reaction to restaurant food especially asian and ocean water? I am really curious to see if you have any ideas?

Hello, Katie.
    MSG (mono sodium glutamate) is used a lot in Asian cooking and can cause Candida symptoms to flare up. I would imagine basically all Asian restaurants use this. Another thing is that you have no idea as far as what ingredients restaurants are putting in their food, and if they use regular table salt instead of pure sea salt, you may be ingesting Dextrose along with the salt which can cause Candida reactions. I had to stop eating out for at least several months during the beginning of my own treatment, and most of the past members have done the same.

I’ve never heard of sea water causing Candida symptoms before. I guess I’m wondering how you know for sure that it was sea water which caused the reactions. I imagine that you ate out at least once every day, how do you know for certain that it wasn’t delayed reactions caused by the restaurant food?

Were you using a suntan lotion? If so, look at the ingredients since anything that is rubbed onto the skin can be absorbed into the bloodstream.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You might be reacting to the sea water if your body is too alkaline or acidic…just a thought, test your pH.

-raster

Kag

Hmmm… yes, a friend of mine had said something about asian using MSG… Sometimes it even happens when I eat at our Co-op hot bar, so I am going to have to ask them what they use. I never thought of the alkaline/acid thing, could be. Hey Able, I know it was the salt water because it was immediate, one minute my lips were fine, next stinging and rashy and I hadn’t applied anything other than lipstick. Only time that has ever happened has been with restaurant food and ocean water. Every other time it has been something that I woke up with. I think that is why I thought it was a food additive allergy for so long, not so sure that it still isn’t but I have to go through the product allergy test first…aaaargh…

I had a little bit of a reaction yesterday to some hot bar food so now I am sticking to the cold bar which just has salads and stuff… This whole thing is such a downer… And I am starving!!! Sure that most of you can relate.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘I am new here and I desperately need advice!’ is closed to new replies.