I am finding out that Kefir is not as good for candida as this forum promotes…thoughts?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions I am finding out that Kefir is not as good for candida as this forum promotes…thoughts?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ag750
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 9

Afterall, it has yeast in it. My mom makes kefir at home from organic milk….but still….it is full of yeast…can someone explain to me how this is good?

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

Not all strains of yeast are bad. Some, like Saccharomyces Boulardii, will actually antagonize Candida. S. Boulardii isn’t in kefir as far as I know, but you get the point.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

ag750;40055 wrote: Afterall, it has yeast in it. My mom makes kefir at home from organic milk….but still….it is full of yeast…can someone explain to me how this is good?

Unlike man, not all yeasts are created equally. In other words, there are ‘good’ yeast and ‘bad’ yeast. If you think about it, you can say the same about bacteria.

Kefir grains contain a bacteria/yeast mixture which is used to ferment the milk creating the end product, a cultured drink we call kefir.

As CS explained, another example of “good” yeast is the fact that several members on the forum are using Saccharomyces Boulardii, a probiotic yeast, as part of their Candida treatment.

Kefir helps to fight the Candida albicans as proven by many of us here on the forum.

Able

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘I am finding out that Kefir is not as good for candida as this forum promotes…thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.