Hyrdocortizone for candida skin rash, or not

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hyrdocortizone for candida skin rash, or not

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gcha8e 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gcha8e
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 28

to shoot up, or not to shoot up, that is the question.

our naturopathic doc avoids all OTC products and especially steroids. His estimation is that using steroids depleats the immune sytem significantly, just like antibiotics.

We have avoided using it for the last year, but Candida has been winning based on our lack of the right diet. When this 1 yr mark hit, I promised my wife I would use OTC on the kids’ rash because everyone is miserable because the 2yr old is miserable. I promised her I would use the -azole and antifungals, but as a last resort began my own research first. I didn’t realize there were so many diet options to work out, we were clueless.

I will not use antifungal for now, but Hydrocortizone? Does it deplete the immune system? If it is used, are there additional supplements needed for support when on it?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

gcha8e wrote: Our naturopathic doc avoids all OTC products and especially steroids. His estimation is that using steroids depleats the immune sytem significantly, just like antibiotics.
    We have avoided using it for the last year, but Candida has been winning based on our lack of the right diet.
    I will not use antifungal for now, but Hydrocortizone? Does it deplete the immune system? If it is used, are there additional supplements needed for support when on it?

I’d have to agree with the doctor as far as the immune system is concerned. Has he been treating your child’s infestation for an entire year?

Which antifungal are you speaking of not using?
    Able

gcha8e

I would not say he has been treating it for a year, no. at first we though it was just dermatitis/eczema. My wife has it on her hands so it isn’t new. We know some kids who have eczema real bad. Well, creams did nothing really, it all got worse. It got even more worse when we started kefir actually, about 4 months ago, but we thought it was just the food allergies increasing.

Our short conversations with the doctor over skype are not much by way of “treatment”. all they prescribed for yeast was fire tree bark tea. They also purport the probiotic route as best against yeast.

Anyway, it was not until about 8 months ago perhaps that we really come to the conclusion it was yeast. THe fire tree tea has been around for about that long, we did a course of it and stopped as it wasn’t doing much.

The hot days of summer were real bad on the rashes. Dry skin does not help either, in Missouri we get very hot, and very cold.

The antifungal I’m talking about not using is over the counter lotramin and/or off brand athelete’s foot cream, such as clotrimazole, topimirate? etc…. Cheap, and in my opinion, very effective at treating fungus in-between my toes 🙂

timmyb
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 37

Interesting…I have a similar type situation. I have had this Seborrheic dermatitis for about 1.5 years. Nothing topical really works longer than a few days. I tried some oral stuff and it didn’t work. Then I went on the Candida Diet Stage 1 for 6 weeks. It seemed like it kind of worked but then would relapse back to square one. I was following it to the letter as well. Now I am seeing a Naural path doctor. It kind of seems like quackery to me. But I will give it a few weeks and see what happens. So far not much hope out there.
    Tim

gcha8e

try using caprylic acid on the skin perhaps. It is antifungal and moisturizing. pure coconut oil may be good too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hyrdocortizone for candida skin rash, or not’ is closed to new replies.