Hypothyroidism and candida diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hypothyroidism and candida diet?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

OK, I was doing well for a while, but these past couple of days I am constantly cold, my whole hands turn blue and they are freezing most of the time. Even my kids push me away when I am dressing them. And it kind of goes in circles, it’s there most of the day but it does come and go. I don’t have much of die-off for almost two weeks (I am taking molybdenum) besides of occasional crampiness in my legs, tight neck, some light-headiness, slight muscle weakness and little brain fog (which is so much lighter than even before the treatment).

So I googled a bit about it. One possibility is Reinhard’s (hope this is how you spell it), and it does kind of look like it, my hands turn white (very pale) then blue and often they are red or purple around knuckles. Now, I read about causes for it and one stuck out at me which is body’s response at regulating temperature in response to a low body temp. So I measured my temp and it’s 36.1 degree Celsius = 96.98 degree Fahrenheit. I did think I might have a fever few times as I had chills, and my temp turns out actually low not high (it could be in 35 degree Celsius range).

I had thyroid checked several times from October to December (while doctors were looking for the cause for my symptoms) and the hormone levels were fine (within the specified range). The last check was before I started the diet. I do have all the symptoms besides the weight gain (I never had much problem with weight gain, had extra pounds after having kids but never rally tried to loose them, or cared about them). In my last bread I did put in third of millet flour (third of oat bran and third of buckwheat), and I think I remember reading a warning here on the forum about millet slowing down the thyroid so maybe I do have it or millet just pushed it on now?

Now, my question is, could this diet somehow affect my thyroid? I am a risk factor but for the increased production, not low. Should I check it again? I read somewhere (and now can’t find it) that hypothyroidism (Hashimoto’s?) often goes undiagnosed so I’m not even sure I should go to the doctor with this, and what should I say. I am pretty sure that I am marked as a hypochondriac already because I have so many symptoms and keep finding new ones (sigh!) so I am weary of going there again.

Anyone has any experience they can offer? Knowledge? Good reading? Advice?

Thanks in advance!

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I was worried I also had the same problem but I recently got tested and everything looks OK. I would get tested if you are concerned, but I think that the body being taxed while dealing with the diet can cause it to behave in strange/unsusual ways.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

raster wrote: I was worried I also had the same problem but I recently got tested and everything looks OK. I would get tested if you are concerned, but I think that the body being taxed while dealing with the diet can cause it to behave in strange/unsusual ways.

-raster

Well, for now I stopped Candida Clear Vcaps in case it’s some kind of reaction to that. It started right about when I upped it to full recommended dose. I also got back to drinking nettle leaf tea three times daily as I can finally tolerate it again. This should show if it was due to my blood being thinner than it should. Had some weird bruises that show up from nowhere and this is usually indication that my blood is thin (had it in the past). I reduced vitamin C a little bit since this could cause it.

I will start measuring my temp every morning and see if that tells me anything. Just not sure how to approach it with my doc. “Hmmmm, I have low grade temp, I think I have a thyroid problem.” They don’t really like when you seem to set yourself as knowing more than them. I had a doc back in US who would always shove some pills at me as soon as I start talking and I would argue with him because I don’t want to take three different sets of pills for a single problem without any diagnosis and neither of us will ever know what was wrong with me and which one of the three meds he gave me helped and which two harmed my body for nothing. In time he would just roll his eyes when he sees me and say “So tell me, what do you want today?” when I come in, I would tell him what I would like to get tested and so on. He was not treating me, he was just mainly access to tests I could not get by myself. So who is an MD here??? But I guess doing what I am doing now is kind of being my own doctor, isn’t it?

Thanks raster for your response. If I continue to feel this and have low temp I will go and see if doc rolls her eyes at me 🙂

Arijana

Pattinoo
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 50

Good luck Arijana! I felt the same way about MD’s. I yelled at one, so what’s wrong with me and he just said ‘I don’t know’. I had another tell me I had ‘bad genes’ and my favorite doc did a candida test when it was recommended with a bunch of other tests by a doc of functional medicine but when he recommended a no sugar diet and Nystatin she refused to write the script. That was 2 years ago and my increased symptoms and desperation and candida being brought yet again to my attention lead me to search, and find my way here doing the no MD route. Though the ‘functional medicine’ guy was on the right track, he took no insurance and it was over $700 for initial visit and over $300 for follow ups. Not an MD I could continue to afford to see. Always felt like a hypochondriac and have had tremendous amounts of useless and sometimes painful treatments to address the various symptoms that go along with this deal. Keep hanging in there and know you are not alone!!! I just got results of thyroid nodule biopsy. Non diagnostic but probably enough fluid to most likely rule out papillary cancer. Another ultrasound and if needed biopsy in 6 months. Tests all normal. Most docs will test thyroid if you review that you have a few symptoms. I also found many similar symptoms between candida and thyroid issues. If you research the symptoms you probably could present a few to the doc to indicate testing. Best of luck and my thoughts and prayers ate with you! I have to keep the faith. Only way I know how to get through this thing. With love and gratitude to everyone here…

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

orka1998 wrote: OK, I was doing well for a while, but these past couple of days I am constantly cold, my whole hands turn blue and they are freezing most of the time. Even my kids push me away when I am dressing them. And it kind of goes in circles, it’s there most of the day but it does come and go. I don’t have much of die-off for almost two weeks (I am taking molybdenum) besides of occasional crampiness in my legs, tight neck, some light-headiness, slight muscle weakness and little brain fog (which is so much lighter than even before the treatment).

So I googled a bit about it. One possibility is Reinhard’s (hope this is how you spell it), and it does kind of look like it, my hands turn white (very pale) then blue and often they are red or purple around knuckles. Now, I read about causes for it and one stuck out at me which is body’s response at regulating temperature in response to a low body temp. So I measured my temp and it’s 36.1 degree Celsius = 96.98 degree Fahrenheit. I did think I might have a fever few times as I had chills, and my temp turns out actually low not high (it could be in 35 degree Celsius range).

I had thyroid checked several times from October to December (while doctors were looking for the cause for my symptoms) and the hormone levels were fine (within the specified range). The last check was before I started the diet. I do have all the symptoms besides the weight gain (I never had much problem with weight gain, had extra pounds after having kids but never rally tried to loose them, or cared about them). In my last bread I did put in third of millet flour (third of oat bran and third of buckwheat), and I think I remember reading a warning here on the forum about millet slowing down the thyroid so maybe I do have it or millet just pushed it on now?

Now, my question is, could this diet somehow affect my thyroid? I am a risk factor but for the increased production, not low. Should I check it again? I read somewhere (and now can’t find it) that hypothyroidism (Hashimoto’s?) often goes undiagnosed so I’m not even sure I should go to the doctor with this, and what should I say. I am pretty sure that I am marked as a hypochondriac already because I have so many symptoms and keep finding new ones (sigh!) so I am weary of going there again.

Anyone has any experience they can offer? Knowledge? Good reading? Advice?

Thanks in advance!

Arijana

The autoimmune hypothyroidism you have is probably caused by the fungal overgrowth. Candida paralyzes the “suppressor” cells that are responsible for regulating the immune system to avoid a self attack. It is well known by medicine that mannan release by candida albicans affect our immune response. There are many candida sufferers that one time they eliminated the infection, the autoimmune diseases also went away. I guess when you cure your candidiasis, your thyroid normalizes.
    Jorge.

Linda Rebber
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

I have Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and I’m thinking you are right, that it was caused by Candida. To test of for hashimoto’s you need to have an antibody test. I have suffered with it for 10 years. I have gone to many doctors who only treat with medication. They try to get me to take anti depressants, but I’m not depressed. Western medicine is only good if you need surgery or have a minor non chronic condition. They have made me feel like I was bothering them as well. I have found more useful information online than I have paid for at the doctors.

I think you are talking about Raynauds disease which I think is aggravated by smoking. As far as thyroid, if you are hypothryroid your temperature would be low. Mine was for years. Now my temperature is up and down, like I have a broken thermostat. I think I have a bad case of Candida. I have only known about the candida for about a year and have suffered such bad die off that I have been unable to stick with the diet. This forum is the best plan I’ve seen. I really have hope in getting better.

SugarIsBad
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 28

dvjorge;16034 wrote:
    It is well known by medicine that mannan release by candida albicans affect our immune response.
    Jorge.

This is off-topic, but I’ve had some candida tests done and one of them showed me there is no mannan in my blood (an ELISA test was done) which I find weird since as far as I understand I’m supposed to have it if I have a CRC. Could it be false negative? Or is it normal to have no mannan showing up for a person with candida?

Has anyone else on this forum tried looking for mannan in the blood?

The other tests showed me IgM 61.2 U/ml (the normal range is written there as 0-80 U/ml) and IgG 304 U/ml (normal range: 0-100 U/ml). That and all the symptoms (white tongue, sugar cravings among others (pointing these ones out as the other ones could show a problem that is not a CRC, but I can’t imagine another disease causing these 2 symptoms)) clearly show I have candida. I’m thinking maybe I should try getting the test done again. I’m not sure.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

SugarIsBad;55338 wrote:

It is well known by medicine that mannan release by candida albicans affect our immune response.
    Jorge.

This is off-topic, but I’ve had some candida tests done and one of them showed me there is no mannan in my blood (an ELISA test was done) which I find weird since as far as I understand I’m supposed to have it if I’m sick with a CRC. Could it be false negative? Or is it normal to have no mannan showing up for a person with candida?

Has anyone else on this forum tried looking for mannan in the blood?

The other tests showed me IgM 61.2 U/ml (the normal range is written there as 0-80 U/ml) and IgG 304 U/ml (normal range: 0-100 U/ml). That and all the symptoms (white tongue, sugar cravings among others (pointing these ones out as the other ones could show a problem that is not a CRC, but I can’t imagine another disease causing these 2 symptoms)) clearly show I have candida. I’m thinking maybe I should try getting the test done again. I’m not sure.

Of course my regular MD tested me for everything that she knew how,including thyroid, knowing I went there to check for candida. All she said was that everything came out perfectly normal, even though anything with sugar caused my throat to close and I was having bad die-off,freezing cold…

I requested a copy of my blood test, and found some things very “off” but over all, thyroid and blood levels of certain things did show normal, even though I knew I was very infected.

Point being that blood tests can be expensive paths to no-where.

I was supposed to see this guy that comes to specific vitamin shoppes who takes blood and looks for yeast…but I couldnt get my money and schedule to line-up.
    I never did see him, (maybe this is a mannan test you both were talking about?) but I find it funny that someone would do it for 60$ in a store, but my own md didnt know to check for it.

So glad I have an ND guiding me now, who keeps reminding me candida overgrowth is the symptom, not the illness, than the md I had who said “your fine. Really.”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hypothyroidism and candida diet?’ is closed to new replies.