Hypothyroid anyone?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hypothyroid anyone?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  stephglenn 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

chocoholic
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 17

I read that gut dysbiosis can interfere with conversion of T4 to T3 which is a problem I am having. I wondered if any of you are taking additional T3 and how you take it?

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

A lot of things can interfere with conversion and T3 signalling, including some aspects of the diet. I wouldn’t recommend taking T3 without lab testing and preferably help from a doctor. 

I’d say research it more, but there’s a lot of crazy junk online telling you to take 100mg+ per day along with hydrocortisone and iron supps! Keep in mind that your body produces ~3mg/hour and it’s used up relatively fast. Taking much above that suppresses your thyroid itself. Same with HC suppressing the adrenals and iron is just toxic in anything above absolutely necessary levels.

You might want to look into selenium deficiency, cutting out stress and cardio (stress), and avoiding oestrogens and bacterial toxins and maintaining glycogen stores to support your liver, where 70% of conversion takes place. Stable blood sugar and circadian rhythms are also vital. 

stephglenn
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

I take a natural thyroid medication- armour thyroid- that contains both T4 and T3. My Dr. wouldn’t prescirbe any of the synthetic thyroid medications because they contain only T4.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

stephglenn wrote: I take a natural thyroid medication- armour thyroid- that contains both T4 and T3. My Dr. wouldn’t prescirbe any of the synthetic thyroid medications because they contain only T4.

There are synthetic T3 medications too. Cytomel is the most commonly prescribed. The Mexican version, Cynomel, is available cheaply and is of high quality. The same brand, Grossman, also does a product called Cynoplus with both T4 and T3. As far as I know, these products don’t have any junk fillers.

Some people require T3 on top of dessicated thyroid to eliminate symptoms, and in some cases need to avoid T4 altogether. Armour used to be pretty much the best, but it doesn’t resemble what it once was, due to new processing methods. Many people have complained about recent batches. Symptoms/labs are the best guide to what you need.

stephglenn
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

Hmmm…. that’s good to know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hypothyroid anyone?’ is closed to new replies.