Hydrogen peroxide

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hydrogen peroxide

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Floggi 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #102364

    Guest
    Member
    Topics: 32
    Replies: 55

    Anyone else use it? I’ve had some success with it.

    #102366

    Julia
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

    Use it!
    LOVE IT!
    Swear by it!
    : )

    #102405

    yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

    how do you guys use it? i got bv and have been douching with it. it helps somewhat but am on day 5 and definitely not cured

    #102415

    Julia
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

    Download the free e-book from this link and it will answer most if not all of your questions…it is oxygen! : )

    http://www.foodgrade-hydrogenperoxide.com/id31.html

    I buy food grade (must be food grade no additives) at a 29% or 35% concentration (only bc that’s all I can find in Canada but the USA sells more diluted strengths.

    Basically I do this….

    One drop in a glass of water and drink…repeat 3-4 times a day..

    On day two use 2 drops in a glass of water 3-4 times a day….

    On the third day put 3 drops in a glass of water and drink 3-4 times a day…

    On day 4 put 4 drops…3-4 times a day…

    Slowly work your way up to the 15-20 drop range (is therapeutic) and stay in that range for a couple months at least (increase if you can tolerate it or decrease if needed, there are no set rules, listen to your body).

    Try to take it 20 min before eating or 2 hours after eating.

    If you get nausea after drinking it you can decrease the drops for the next dose and then increase when you can.

    You can also add 1/2 cup to a very hot bath…wonderful…and your body will absorb it as well into your blood stream as well as treat all sorts of rashes, poison ivy, and other skin ailments. WONDERS on arthritis! (your hair may get lighter if you wash it in it though)

    I put 1-3 drops in a nasal rinse to kill my sinus infections. When I get an infection I rinse 4-5 times in a day and its 75% gone…I usually continue to rinse for a few days following just to make sure…

    For anyone who buys it at this concentration be careful never to ingest it undiluted. This is a strong concentration and must be diluted prior to use. If you should happen to get some on your hands undiluted just rinse in cold water.

    It is also safe to use on animals…except putting it in a dogs drinking water. They will become nauseous every time, however all other animals can benefit from it including live stock.

    This is what I know from personal experiences…the e-book explains in much more detail.

    Take care
    : )

    #102416

    Guest
    Member
    Topics: 32
    Replies: 55

    Pretty much what I did. I have 12%. I use 25 drops of it 3x day. Its about (slightly less) than one tablespoon. So I usually measure slightly less than a table spoon and I drink it.

    It used to produce horrible die off. Now its not so bad.

    #102419

    Floggi
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425


    You’d better be very, very careful with hydrogen peroxide!

    Sure, it kills bacteria and funghi – it does this simply by being a powerful oxidant. But that same fact means that it will kill anything, including your body’s own cells, and including the beneficial bacteria in your mouth and gut!

    The link that was posted by Julia links to a page with book excerpts. I’ll quote a few of those excerpts here:

    Book Excerpts wrote: Hydrogen peroxide is a naturally-occurring substance that is made by Mother Nature and is also made by every cell in your body.

    This is true. Every cell in your body produces hydrogen peroxide – as a dangerous waste material that must be neutralised as soon as possible. The waste hydrogen peroxide is a byproduct of the cell’s functioning. This poisonous byproduct will attack anything with which it makes contact. This is the main reason why antioxidants are so important to your health: the antioxidants neutralise dangerous oxidants like hydrogen peroxide.

    Book Excerpts wrote: hydrogen peroxide is a necessary NUTRIENT that your body desperately needs

    The book just told that hydrogen peroxide is produced by every cell. If they say the body produces its own hydrogen peroxide, how can they say the body needs hydrogen peroxide in the next sentence? Looks like an inconsistency to me…

    Book Excerpts wrote: Hydrogen peroxide can act as an anti-cancer drug

    This is simply not true. Hydrogen peroxide, like all oxidants, is a major cause of cancer.

    Sure, it can kill cancer, but only if injected directly into a tumor. Then it will kill the tumor cells, simply because it would kill any cell.

    Book Excerpts wrote: Intra-arterial infusion of hydrogen peroxide has been noted to reverse the atherosclerotic process.

    Correct. The hydrogen peroxide, being a potent oxidant, will chemically attack the atherosclerotic plaques inside the arteries. It’s comparable to putting sodium hydroxide in your kitchen sink to make the water flow again.

    That’s also the reason why hydrogen peroxide, if used for this purpose, must be injected intra-arterially, as the Book Excerpts correctly states. It’s abrasive, so you only want to inject it directly at the place where it must do its chemical work. If injected in just any vein, it will probably attack that vein and cause internal bleeding. It would never reach the plaque that should be removed, because it will have attacked other tissues before it ever reaches its destination, and hydrogen peroxide (luckily) self-destructs when it attacks something.

    Book Excerpts wrote: Neutrophils have multiple systems available for killing ingested bacteria. Nearly all of these incorporates hydrogen peroxide, indicating its essential nature.

    Correct. Neutrophils kill bacteria by destroying their structures and their proteins by potent oxidants. One of these oxidants is hydrogen peroxide. But hydrogen peroxide is not specific, it attacks everything, including the neutrophil itself. Therefore, the ingested bacteria are wrapped inside a special intra-cellular membrane. Thus, the bacteria reside in a kind of “pocket” inside the neutrophil. The neutrophil cannot produce hydrogen peroxide directly, because that would endanger itself. Thus, it produces a harmless precursor material. It injects this precursor material into the lysosome. The pH (acidity) inside the lysosome is such that it causes the precursor to release hydrogen peroxide. This hydrogen peroxide will then kill the bacterium, because the bacterium has no defence against this attack.

    So the book is right: neutrophils produce hydrogen peroxide. They use it as a killing agent.

    Julia mentions that hydrogen peroxide makes your hair turn lighter. That’s a well-known, and often-used, effect. The decoloration occurs because the hydrogen peroxide attacks (destroys) the color molecules inside your hair, thus turning your hair into some yellowish color. The hydrogen peroxide also attacks the hairs themselves. But the material from which hairs are made is much more sturdy than the colorants inside the hairs, so the colorants are destroyed first while the hairs suffer only minor damage. If you frequently use hydrogen peroxide in your hair, the damage done to the hairs themselves will accumulate, and you will see the ill effects.

    By the way, I could comment on more parts of the book excerpts, or on the e-book itself, but I think the above quotes are sufficient. If not, please let me know, and I can provide more comments on which parts of this book are wrong, and which parts are right.

    #102427

    Julia
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

    Well I guess there always has to be someone to rip the hope out of peoples lives. : /

    Oxygen is NOT cancer causing…really? : / We really are doomed lol

    In my personal experiences in life I know and have know people who ingest hydrogen peroxide in SAFE dilutions and have for many many years…guess what? Their cells did not all die and they are the healthiest people I know. They never catch a cold or flu and definitely don’t know anything about what it feels like to be as sick as the people on this site.

    I also know a lot of people who use it for producing live stock (yes cows and pigs). It is added to the water lines to put back what PEOPLE took out of the natural water supply…These animals dont need antibiotics anymore because they are naturally healthy and YOU should be thankful because it is YOU that eats this meat. (hmmm oxygen or antibiotics? which would i prefer in my body?)

    I also know people who use it in their hot tubs and swimming pools in place of chlorine. WHY? because chlorine makes people sick….H202 makes people thrive.

    Please do some better research before posting ignorance.

    It IS oxygen…NOT a carcinogen. This site continues to amaze me.

    take care people…

    : )

    #102429

    Floggi
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425


    It happens more frequently that people react like this if something they believe in, turns out to be fake.

    There has been a case of a “doctor” who told patients with a tumor to eat raw grass and play the piano. His personality was such that people really trusted him. When those patients were told that this treatment had no effect at all, they became quite angry.

    So, back to the subject.

    Oxygen in itself does not cause cancer. True. But hydrogen peroxide is not oxygen. Hydrogen peroxide produces oxygen. And water. The chemical reaction of the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen is:

          2H2O2 –> 2H2O + O2

    In plain English: two molecules of hydrogen peroxide decompose into two molecules of water and one molecule of oxygen.

    Now this reaction equation only shows the starting product (hydrogen peroxide) and the resulting end products (water and oxyegn). The problem is what happens during the decomposition process. Halfway through this process, free radicals are formed. Those are the thingies that are the most powerful oxidants, and the most powerful cell-damaging chemicals, we know of. Those free radicals are the very reason why the body so desperately needs antioxidants, like vitamin C and many others.

    There really is no safe dilution of hydrogen peroxide. Just like with any other carcinogen, if you ingest low enough quantities, you will not directly notice the carcinogenicity – but it is still there, albeit lower than if you would have ingested a stronger solution.

    Your example of hydrogen peroxide being added to the water lines has nothing to do with feeding livestock with hydrogen peroxide. I do not know about water purification methods in the USA – I think you are quite fond of chlorine – but I can tell you that in Europe, one of the methods that is routinely used for water purification is injecting hydrogen peroxide. Or ozone, which has the same effect: ozone too decomposes into oxygen, with free radicals as an intermediate step. Just like hydrogen peroxide.

    Anyway, the very reason for injecting hydrogen peroxide in the drinking water of your livestock, or in European water purification installations, is to kill pathogens. The hydrogen peroxide decomposes into water (no problem) and oxygen (no problem), meanwhile producing free radicals, and those free radicals kill every living micro-organism in the water.

    The hydrogen peroxide is, of course, long gone before the lifestock (USA) or the population (Europe) drinks the water.

    The oxygen, by the way, also evaporates from the water before lifestock or people drink it. Thus, the one and only effect of adding hydrogen peroxide to water is to kill micro-organisms. Just like when adding chlorine, but hydrogen peroxide has the advantage that nothing is left – very unlike chlorine.

    #102430

    Julia
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

    I would love to know where you get your information from.

    First you say it causes cancer…then you say it breaks down into water and oxygen…then you say it is in YOUR drinking water and safe for livestock etc…

    So for everyone here wanting to add it to their drinking water you are telling them what? It is safe? or cancer causing? Because i can not wrap my head around the idea of water and oxygen breaking down to cause cancer. Two life sustaining substances…You are making something very simple and beneficial into a very very complicated, ignorant mess.

    …and you think this is all in my head?…and in the imaginations of people who have cured themselves of may illnesses with the use of hydrogen peroxide? I am seen it first hand cure arthritis after this man was told by doctors that he would be in a wheelchair in five years due to severe incurable, untreatable spinal arthritis. This man, who tried EVERYTHING the doctors knew about including alternative medicines in his most desperate times, to this day does not have any joint pain ANYWHERE. To me this is the kind of proof and results that prove to me that oxygen and water don’t make people sick…it is much the opposite.

    It is all around us…all the time…and without it we would not survive…so adding a little extra to your system doesn’t seem like a bad idea to me…it has been used for over a hundred years…cost is nearly 0$…government and drug companies don’t like that number. However I want to improve my health, not the money in govt pockets.

    I envie that your country is smart enough to add it to the water supply. funny that is exactly the topic this post started out with.

    take care

    : )

    #102433

    jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

    Not a fan of Hydrogen peroxide. Seems to be more damaging than healing in the long run. Gave me an upset stomach and seemed to be damaging tissue.

    I agree with floggi’s points. I think it can be more damaging than healing in the long run.

    #102434

    Floggi
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425


    Okay, let me try to clarify.

    Julia;40933 wrote: I would love to know where you get your information from.

    From science class. From university. From Wikipedia. From reading research papers; this includes chemical research papers, biological research papers, and – how do you say – “utility” research papers. By the latter I mean: research papers into how to best purify our drinking water.

    Julia;40933 wrote: First you say it causes cancer…

    Yes.

    Julia;40933 wrote: then you say it breaks down into water and oxygen…

    Yes.

    Julia;40933 wrote: then you say it is in YOUR drinking water and safe for livestock etc…

    No.

    It is added to the water. But it decomposes, temporarily creating free radicals in the process.

    It is the free radicals that kill micro-organisms and thus purify the water.
    It is the free radicals that make hydrogen peroxide a carcinogen if ingested.
    It is the decomposition that causes the hydrogen peroxide to disappear.

    So: it is added to the water. There it decomposes. The free radicals kill all micro-organisms. After a while, the hydrogen peroxide is no longer present in the water. Only then is the water safe to drink.

    Julia;40933 wrote: So for everyone here wanting to add it to their drinking water you are telling them what? It is safe? or cancer causing?

    It may cause cancer if you immediately drink the water, thus ingesting hydrogen peroxide.
    It is perfectly safe if you wait for a while before drinking the water. Because if you wait, the hydrogen peroxide will have decomposed. You will then be drinking water without hydrogen peroxide – and without micro-organisms.

    Julia;40933 wrote: Because i can not wrap my head around the idea of water and oxygen breaking down to cause cancer. Two life sustaining substances…You are making something very simple and beneficial into a very very complicated, ignorant mess.

    It’s not me doing this, it’s the chemistry of water, oxygen en hydrogen peroxide. Please don’t shoot the messenger…

    Are you old enough to remember the old laser printers, which produced ozone? You could smell the ozone in the neighborhood of those printers. The ozone was irritating to nose and eyes. And it turned out to be carcinogenic, so now laser printers have to be equipped with ozone filters.

    Yet, chemically, ozone decomposes into oxygen. Life-sustaining oxygen. Is that a mess, as you call it? Maybe. Anyway, it’s chemistry.

    I can provide more examples if you like. Like how to convert vitamin C, a beneficial substance, into toluene, a strong carcinogen. Or the other way around.

    Julia;40933 wrote: It is all around us…all the time…and without it we would not survive…so adding a little extra to your system doesn’t seem like a bad idea to me…

    Adding water and oxygen is no problem, indeed. That’s why we can safely use hydrogen peroxide to purify water – that is, IF we wait long enough for the hydrogen peroxide to decompose. If we wait long enough, we will only have added water and oxygen, no problem. If we do not wait long enough, we will have ingested a chemical that produces powerful free radicals before falling apart into water and oxygen. It’s those intermediate products that are so dangerous. Not the starting product in itself, and certainly not the end products.

    #102437

    Julia
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

    Now since you seem to be so full of H202 knowledge…how long exactly does one have to wait before consuming this carcinogen? because i should be dead right now…when in fact I feel amazing…

    just curious…if you dont mind enlightening us some more

    thx

    #102462

    Floggi
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425


    Earlier today it was you who told me to do some research. Now it turns out that it is you who doesn’t even know the very basics about hydrogen peroxide, like that it decomposes into water and oxygen, and that it creates free radicals while doing so.

    Anyway, it’s a positive attitude that you now care to ask about the things you don’t yet know. Keep up that good spirit!

    So, the decay time of hydrogen peroxide. There is no fixed decay time. It strongly depends on the temperature, and on the acidity of the solution. It also depends on the stuff with which the hydrogen peroxide comes into contact.

    If you want to read more details about hydrogen peroxide, then rather than writing down a long story here, I’d rather point you to the excellent Wikipedia page about this stuff. I hope you don’t mind, but that page really tells it better than I could ever hope for.

    About you not having died – well, smoking is more dangerous than drinking diluted hydrogen peroxide. There are many smokers who reached the age of 60 without serious health issues. But that certainly doesn’t mean that smoking is harmless.

    The same applies to an irritating and carcinogenic stuff like hydrogen peroxide. It’s bad for your health, but it doesn’t kill you instantly.

    I hope this answers your questions. If not, just let us know.

    #102464

    Julia
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

    Thanks for your info… but the Mayo clinic and the doctors who work there and all the natural paths who also use hydrogen peroxide to help patients on a daily basis for many many years and reasons are not putting a carcinogen into their IV’s. You may want to consider a broadening your research.

    I wish you well in you journey.

    #102473

    Floggi
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425


    You seem to disregard the facts that I provided. Would you be so kind to let us know what is wrong about those facts, please?

    As to putting carcinogenic chemicals in an IV, that topic is covered on the Wikipedia page to which I referred. In addition to the above question, I’d like to hear your opinion about Wikipedia’s statements.

    For additional reading, I recomment A Prescription Of Death, which covers the case of Katherine Bibeau. Poor Katherine got two hydrogen peroxide IV’s: one on a Tuesday, one on the following Thursday. On Sunday, she died.

    The “doctor” who prescribed the IV was charged with homicide. And rightly so, given what we know about intravenous use of hydrogen peroxide. Please do not just discard these facts.

    Another interesting read would be the Snopes article about hydrogen peroxide. A few interesting quotes from that article:

    • Hydrogen peroxide can be harmful if swallowed. Drinking the concentrated solutions sold in some health food stores (35%, or “food grade” hydrogen peroxide) can cause vomiting, severe burns of the throat and stomach, and even death.
    • Direct skin contact or breathing the vapors of hydrogen peroxide can […] be harmful.
    • Hydrogen peroxide injections can have dangerous side effects. High blood levels of hydrogen peroxide can create oxygen bubbles that block blood flow and cause gangrene and death.
    • Destruction of blood cells has […] been reported after intravenous injection of hydrogen peroxide.
    • The medical literature contains several accounts of patient deaths attributed directly to oxygen therapy.

    Do whatever you like to yourself. But whatever you do, I’m happy that this thread now contains some important additional information, so that everyone can decide for themselves whether using hydrogen peroxide is such a smart idea.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Hydrogen peroxide’ is closed to new replies.