Hunger and Candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hunger and Candida

This topic contains 28 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

What I’m going to write is completely disregarding anything you’ll read in the information section of this website or any other website, but many of us have lived it and therefore know about these facts from our personal experience.

Seems I’ve read several posts lately about folks adding new food items to their diet in as short as two to three weeks – usually in the hopes of stopping the constant feeling of hunger and even ‘starving’ while on the diet.

Another member by the name of “Hope” and myself are now completely symptom free and have been for quite some time.

If you’ve read the posts that were written by the two of us you know that we did not start adding questionable foods in as few as two or three weeks of starting the Candida diet. That was because we are aware of how long it takes to reduce the huge Candida population to less-than-infestation numbers.

I’ve now been Candida-symptom-free for so many months that I can’t remember the last symptom I had, yet I still have not introduced any type of rice other than brown rice bran flour (which feeds beneficial bacteria), no potatoes, not even sweet potatoes, no wheat and no dairy other than organic Greek yogurt which I have two to three times every day, and of course no sugar products whatsoever. I still use coconut oil and oregano oil daily, and as I stated, I’m very careful about what I eat – this is not only for the purpose of keeping the Candida away, but also to retain the healthy existence I am enjoying. I still do not eat red meat because the breakdown of the protein releases ammonia, and unless it’s organic, red meat contains antibiotics.

I know that a lot of you are constantly hungry and probably feel as though you’re starving half the time. To put it plainly, you are hungry because of the Candida population inside your system. I know this because I can remember the difference between how it felt to experience hunger during the Candida infestation and then how hunger felt when free of the infestation, and there’s a huge difference.

The Candida infestation is what is making you hungry. You can look at it this way; the Candida are hungry because of the diet you’re on, so that turns to hunger as far as how you feel.

The human body can quickly adapt to the amount and type of food that it’s fed, common sense will tell you that if you just think about it. Talk to anyone who has been on a carb-free diet just to lose weight. Most of them will tell you that after several days to a week on the diet, the hunger goes away and they no longer feel as though they’re starving. That’s because the human body was made to adapt.
    But that’s not the case with something as abnormal as a Candida infestation. As long as the hungry Candida are in your body, you’ll continue to feel as though you’re starving until you significantly reduce the numbers of Candida. I know this as a fact because today I am eating basically the same foods and the same number of calories as I was on the diet, the only difference is that I no longer have the infestation and therefore the ‘starving’ feeling that I had continually at that time is no longer with me.

To sum it up; as long as you feel as though you’re starving, you have a Candida infestation in your body, and it’s too early to add potentially ‘dangerous’ food items to your diet.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but candy-coating the entire ordeal would not be doing you a favor. To put it as plain as I can, get rid of the Candida, and you’ll get rid of the hunger. The only alternative is to feed the Candida, and they will reward you by removing the hunger (so to speak), but then you’ll be back to square one with your symptoms and treatment. As I’ve said before, it all depends on the choice you make every time you take a bite of food.

If you’d like to have a copy of the diet that I as well as many past and current members on the forum have used, send a request to me by private message here on the forum.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am almost healed as well and I can attest to what able is saying. You become absolutely starving the first few weeks to few months (depending on how bad off or sick you are) but eventually your hunger will return to normal…to the point where its not even in the same ballpark.

I am sure many or all of us have shed some pounds on the diet, but eventually there is a point where you stop losing the weight.

On a side note: Once you start to feel better from the candida it is only natural to want to eat some new foods from your old diet. Give you body a break as long as you can because your organs are heavily damaged and are still recovering. It may not be able to process/digest the new foods very well and it could take more energy for your organs to break down the foods than the food itself contains.

sage
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 13

Good & valid information! It makes perfect sense.
    Thanks to you both.

ps. The recent information postings are extremely helpful.
    It would be nice to see them as “Sticky’s” at the top of General Discussion. Just a thought.
    Steph

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

Able, I’d love to ask you some specific questions if you are willing to answer —

– When did you realize you had candida and what were your specific symptoms?
    – What exactly do you eat, can you give your usual daily mealplan (plus any additional probiotics, antifungals, vitamins in order)?
    – About how many months have you been on the diet in total?
    – How many months did it take you to feel completely symptom free?
    – Have you introduced any “questionable” foods — green apple, grapefruit, nuts, seeds, beans, grains?
    – Do you plan on reintroducing questionable foods (potatoes etc) someday?

Thanks for any input!

BenjiRixon
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 54

The biggest hunger busters for me was coconut flour bread and home made kefir ! cant recomend them enough really.

sage
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 13

BenjiRixon wrote:
    The biggest hunger busters for me was coconut flour bread and home made kefir ! cant recomend them enough really.

I`m going to give the bread another try …. as suggested on this forum, add lemon juice. What I`m having a difficult time with is the coconut oil & recognize I`m not anywhere near the recommended amount per day. It`s like swallowing a spoon of shortening. This new way of eating is not for the faint hearted! LOL

Able900
    Spectator

Good morning, Steph.

When you first begin eating the coconut bread, it really does have a very ‘bland’ taste to it. But believe it or not, your taste buds will adapt to a more bland diet as time goes by. The reason for this is simple, the human body as an entirety was meant to be adaptable to almost anything you feed it. As we now know, this includes carbohydrates; years ago both nutritionists and scientists claimed that a human being could not exist without a specific amount of carbohydrates, but apparently they failed to take into account the Eskimos living in the Arctic lived for centuries on nothing but sea life such as whales, seals, salmon, and cod. From where were they obtaining their so-called needed number of carbs? They weren’t, yet they existed, healthy and without medical aid in most cases. That was due to nothing but the adaptability of the human body.

For the time being, in addition to adding the lemon flavor, you might try brushing the top of a slice of bread with olive oil and sprinkling with a mixture of herbs then toasting in the oven or a toaster oven. This presents an entire new and savory taste for you.

As far as the coconut oil is concerned, I agree with you, I doubt there are many things that could possibility taste worse than a spoonful of pure coconut oil. You might try having a glass of warm water available and take a swallow along with the spoonful of oil. This may help to get it down.

Able

BenjiRixon

sage wrote:

I`m going to give the bread another try …. as suggested on this forum, add lemon juice. What I`m having a difficult time with is the coconut oil & recognize I`m not anywhere near the recommended amount per day. It`s like swallowing a spoon of shortening. This new way of eating is not for the faint hearted! LOL

Def worth having plus adds extra calories. Also the kefir to me was a meal in itself as its really thick. Im not a morning eater really but used to drink a pint of kefir and would keep me full awith that content feeling for quite a while, and again home mad with full fat organic milk 2 pints a day also adds fat and calories.

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

sage wrote: I`m going to give the bread another try …. as suggested on this forum, add lemon juice. What I`m having a difficult time with is the coconut oil & recognize I`m not anywhere near the recommended amount per day. It`s like swallowing a spoon of shortening. This new way of eating is not for the faint hearted! LOL

sage, maybe it’s the brand of coconut oil you’re using? I just ordered Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil from Amazon and it’s SO delicious! I could just eat it out of the jar as a snack! lol

Able900
    Spectator

Pina wrote: Able, I’d love to ask you some specific questions if you are willing to answer.
    – When did you realize you had candida and what were your specific symptoms?
    – What exactly do you eat, can you give your usual daily mealplan (plus any additional probiotics, antifungals, vitamins in order)?
    – About how many months have you been on the diet in total?
    – How many months did it take you to feel completely symptom free?
    – Have you introduced any “questionable” foods — green apple, grapefruit, nuts, seeds, beans, grains?
    – Do you plan on reintroducing questionable foods (potatoes etc) someday?

As far as what I eat now is concerned; keep in mind that I’ve only changed a few things from ‘before’ I contracted Candida. The reason being I’ve been into health issues for about as long as I can remember. The reason that I contracted Candida was because of the huge number of fruits I ate each day which eventually led to an over alkalizing of my digestive system. When you read the list of foods I eat, keep in mind that I am a male, 34 years old, I work out in a gym several times a week and play 2-3 hours of tennis at least once a week in addition to the full time job of running a business, so by doing this I burn a lot of calories.

The foods I typically eat in a normal day are below. They may vary by count and type, but this is basically my diet:

Breakfast:
    2-3 boiled eggs
    2 slices of coconut bread with ghee
    Avocado
    8 oz of organic non-sweetened Greek yogurt blended with condensed cream of coconut
    Chicory coffee & vegetable juice

Snack: Millet & Flax chips with 8 oz vegetable juice.

Lunch:
    Either chicken, fresh fish or seafood (shrimp, lobster, calamari, or white fish)
    Two of the following; green beans, turnip greens or kale, steamed cabbage, steamed broccoli, spinach, or asparagus.

Snack: Pear, blueberries or apple with yogurt and almonds.

Dinner:
    Spinach salad tossed with field greens, peppers, tomatoes and chopped boiled eggs.
    Either (2) black bean patties or garbanzo, Navy, or butter beans.
    Coconut bread
    Yogurt with avocado

Snack: Coconut bread or millet and flax chips and vegetable juice
    I take 2-3 teaspoons of coconut oil after meals, and I still take an 80-billion count probiotic daily, oregano oil, Grape Bitters and the same various vitamins I’ve always taken. I also drink 6 to 8 bottles of water a day depending on my activity level.

When I contracted Candida, I identified the problems I was having almost immediately and started the treatment; however, as I went along I discovered a lot of the information that I’ve written about on the forum as I experimented with different ideas. For example, the information available in books and on websites stated that an alkalizing diet was necessary to cure Candida, and the facts I knew of seemed to make sense with this theory. However, with my personal situation it made no sense because I was sure that I had contracted Candida by eating too much fruit which would cause an alkalizing effect. So for a while I assumed that the cause was the amount of sugar in the fruit, and continued to work towards alkalizing my body making no progress towards a cure. I eventually decided to take a chance and work towards creating a more acidic environment in my body. The best way I knew of to do this quickly was adding huge amounts of beneficial bacteria to my system because I knew they would produce large amounts of fatty acids along with other acids, so this seemed to be a perfect way to create an acidic environment in which to (hopefully) control the Candida. It worked, and very quickly.

Keep in mind that I identified my problem immediately, and wasted no time in going strictly on the diet, so in that respect I stopped feeding the Candida. Most people with Candida have no idea what they have, and therefore waste valuable time, sometimes years, going to various doctors hoping they’ll tell them what the problem is, continually without results. Meanwhile they’re continuing to feed the Candida, thus allowing the infestation to multiply and often developing several additional problems such as Leaky Gut Syndrome with various allergies, drained adrenal glands, etc. Fortunately I stopped the progress of the infestation before reaching that stage.

I’ve been on this diet (minus the fruit and wheat) for about eight months; however I was on the diet for several months before I found the cure I was searching for. The diet and antifungals will never cure the infestation; they will only lower the numbers of Candida as they continue to multiply creating a cycle. The reason for that is that the diet and antifungals do nothing towards changing the type of environment in which Candida thieves. That’s what you have to change. I only suggest using the antifungals in order to speed the progress along.

As far as reintroducing such foods as potatoes is concerned, I was never much of a ‘white food’ eater before, and I don’t plan on introducing starchy foods such as potatoes and rice or sugar, red meat or wheat into my diet at all.

Concerning how many months it took to be completely symptom free; that’s very difficult to say exactly as you’ll discover eventually. One day I just realized that it had been probably several weeks since I had experienced the last mild reaction to something (don’t remember what), and then later I realized I had forgotten all about the way I used to feel.

Able

BenjiRixon

Bumping for new members

phil1
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 11

BenjiRixon wrote:

I make this bread (with the recipe on this board) but find it very ‘stodgy’ and hard to swallow without loads of water. Is it meant to be like this?

BenjiRixon

phil1 wrote:

I make this bread (with the recipe on this board) but find it very ‘stodgy’ and hard to swallow without loads of water. Is it meant to be like this?

sounds like you might have not cooked it enough or used to much flour…… check the recipe section for measurements and cooking times.

Benji

joy
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 33

Able you wrote:

“”The diet and antifungals will never cure the infestation; they will only lower the numbers of Candida as they continue to multiply creating a cycle. The reason for that is that the diet and antifungals do nothing towards changing the type of environment in which Candida thieves. That’s what you have to change. I only suggest using the antifungals in order to speed the progress along. “”

If the diet and the antifungals won’t cure the infestation what will? The probiotics?? What exactly do you have to change??

Thank you

Able900
    Spectator

joy wrote: If the diet and the antifungals won’t cure the infestation what will? The probiotics?? What exactly do you have to change? Thank you

Hello, Joy.

Let me explain why the diet and the antifungals are important even though they will not actually cure the infestation.

Imagine a large scale world war taking place; history tells us that the weapons used were armored tanks, the infantry, battleships and submarines, as well as fighter planes, all meant to lower the numbers of the enemy. These were simply used in ‘skirmishes’ in order to continually thin out the enemy, but doing nothing toward actually winning the world war. So in order to end the war, we needed something that could change the enemy’s environment enough to hinder their abilities to continue fighting us.

What happened to do this of course were two atomic bombs, namely Fat man and Little Boy which rendered the enemy incapable of attacking us in the manner they had before. The bombings completely changed their entire environment (bases, homes, weapon plants, etc.) to the point that the enemy was helpless without their needed environment. By destroying their environment, they were rendered unable to continue their fight and surrendered.

This is what happens with the diet and antifungals, they continue to lower the numbers of the Candida, and when we’ve added enough probiotic to clean out the remainder of the infestation by changing their environment, there have already been enough Candida destroyed that the die-off and toxins should not overwhelm us when they are released by the dying Candida.

To change the environment, once you’re ready to start a probiotic, you would start with a fairly low amount in order to lessen the die-off effects, then build up to larger counts and more strains each time you change. This will eventually change your system enough to destroy the infestation. Of course, this means staying on the diet and continuing the antifungals as well – no reason not to do so.

I hope this makes some sense.
    Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Hunger and Candida’ is closed to new replies.