How would you describe your brain fog?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How would you describe your brain fog?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Nekotamo 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Nekotamo
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 38

I am very very curious about how you would describe the feeling of brain fog?

Also I would like to hear your opinion on my description of the brain fog…Can you relate? Or perhaps your brain fog feels different and you think that the cause of my problem might be something else? (I’m hopefully getting the blood test within next two weeks).

So this is my story:
    Several years ago I started thinking that there is definitely something wrong with me, regarding the intensity of my consciousness and vision.
    Then I looked back and tried to remember the last time I didn’t feel like this, and I realized it was around my age of 15 (a little prior to my surgery due to an injured arm).

I usually describe it to my friends as feeling less awake or less conscious then normal all the time. Kind of like halfway asleep, everything seems a little bit like in a dream, feeling surreal, being unable to visually and mentally focus on things as clearly as before. Now, I can still function normally, but it is CLEARLY different from how I felt when I was younger, I’m sure about it.
    My friends, although good people, always thought that I’m just being picky as usual. So I started thinking that that’s simply what growing up feels like (even though I am 24).

Then I started thinking that I have problems with my vision, I visited ophthalmologist, and he said that I have a perfect vision.

Then I started thinking that I simply have a low blood pressure/weak blood circulation in my head and neck region, which at that time made so much sense that I was delighted and almost convinced that that was the problem but, nope, I realized that even when I workout and have a high blood pressure/heart rate my consciousness is still at that rusty, foggy state.

Another interesting way to explain it, especially if you are an IT geek, is – my brain’s framerate per second is very low πŸ™‚

Do you relate to any of this? Does this sound anything like the Candida/Leaky Gut/Food Allergy related brain fog? I would appreciate your replies a lot!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Have you tried using Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate to treat your brain fog?

UncleOxidant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 56

I guess I would describe “brain fog” in a couple of different ways:

1) sometimes it seems like external stimuli are coming in faster than my brain can register and process them.

2) sometimes I’ll sit in front of the computer (I’m a programmer) and if I’m having “brain fog” I won’t be able to focus for very long if at all.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

YES! I am 30 and I thought I was going senile early or something. It’s like everything is there, but I just can’t quite reach it. Like trying to remember people’s names or words for things. I know them, but I just can’t quite remember it. Also, things take me quite a bit longer to do than they used to.

The molybdenum is helping, as well as the diet, though! I’m not 100% but in a few weeks I have progressed enough that most days, I feel at least somewhat “with it”, instead of just floating around hoping I don’t screw up anything too badly or annoy anyone too much with stupid questions and slowness.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hello Nekotamo,

Your user name made me smile as I understood it and then realized you are just in the “neighborhood” and speaking the same language πŸ™‚

I had also struggled translating the brain fog as well, but I think that all of us here use slightly different description of the same thing. Basically, I describe it as not being able to focus, taking minutes to answer a simple question or sometimes not answer at all as I can’t focus enough to come up with an answer. While I had it, I was not sure that I did. But now that I am 99% symptom free, I realized that I was under it for long time. Now I feel really as if the fog lifted and it’s nice an sunny in my head. I am in IT as well and yes, the very low framerate is how I would describe it. The rest of the world is going and you are just struggling to catch up. I used to stare at my screen for minutes trying to figure out what am I doing or supposed to do. And I had a memory of a gold fish, by the time I walk from one room to another I would forget what I was supposed to do!

Do you have any other symptoms that might confirm you have candida overgrowth or brain fog is the only one? From what I heard, tests are not really reliable for diagnosing candida. I was lucky that I had taken another set of antibiotics when I got diarrhea and had it for months so they tested stool samples and found candida. It’s when I decided to take things into my hands and found this forum. I am glad I did as comparing to a “drugged up robot” (as I see myself while ill) I was last year, I am smiling and normal person today even tough I stick to the diet still, and may perhaps forever as it works and I actually like it. Probably I like feeling healthy more than indulging in food that might bring back the “drugged up robot”!

Best of luck to you! Since we are in the same region, if I can help, please let me know.

Arijana

lillyflower
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 9

My brain fog feels like i’m not attached to my body, I will get it a lot. I feel like im spaced out and my mind is in another place. really weird scary feeling especially when it happens when I’m driving

Nekotamo

First of all! Thank you everyone sooo much!
    This is THE nicest forum I’ve ever came across, bar none.

As soon as I registered 1533jd PMed me and shared his tips with me and encouraged me a lot!
    Every topic, post I have posted is answered in a very friendly and informative way! I really appreciate it!

And to clear the confusion, yes I have a lot of other candida(?) symptoms:
    -Mood swings
    -Anxiety – sometimes really bad
    -Depression – sometimes really bad
    -Fatigue
    -Eczema/skin rasshes
    -Itchiness (although these days its not as bad as 1-2 years ago)
    -Often diarrhea
    -But recently a bit of constipation and not much diarrhea
    -If I don’t sleep enough I’m DEAD TIRED during the day, yet most nights I wake up in the middle of the sleep, either to urinate or because of the anxiety, or for no reason.
    -Frequent urge to urinate especially before sleep, but not able to urinate once in WC!
    -If I eat sweets a drop more than I think I should, especially chocolate, I feel sick afterwards (sick, like I’m close to vomiting)
    -Had some kind of nail psoriasis last year
    -Nasal secret almost always
    -Chronic strange taste in mouth, most of the time in autumn (for some reason I always had a feeling that sitting in front of PC for a long time has something to do with it :D)
    -Eye floaters (few more noticable ones came in 3 years ago)
    -Slowly having less and less tolerance for more and more foods.

And last but not least, I have felt the biggest brain fog after my two surgeries…(use of a lot of antibiotics after surgery explains a lot).

Also I do not care about how tough the diet might be. Sure I’ll miss some food, but I can’t understand that someone is not ready to trade the discipline and sticking to the diet strictly for the horrible feelings of depression and anxiety and brain fog.
    I for one will eat only a lemon for the rest of my life if I need to, just to get rid of this.

@able900, thank you for advice, I still haven’t even done a blood test, but I will keep it in mind.

@UncleOxidant,

sometimes it seems like external stimuli are coming in faster than my brain can register and process them.

Perfect! That’s another great way of explaining the feeling. Also I recently had a surgery and when they gave me an injection for sleep, I felt like my eye movement was half a second late after my brain commands πŸ™‚ I realized that my brain fog by nature and type is actually a lot alike that kind of feeling, its just that its less intensive.
    I’m a programmer too btw, so I know how much it can get in the way! πŸ™

@alexalgebra, I’m glad that our symptoms fit! (but I’m not glad that we have them!)
    Yes, you described me, I forgot the memory as a huge symptom, especially for the last few months, sometimes I just forget things LITERALLY in a matter of 3 seconds. And my brain speed and overall performance is so much worse than long ago.

@orka1998
    Hey! Nice to meet you neighbor! πŸ™‚ I’m glad to see I’m not the only one like this from this region! And I’m also glad you are 99% symptom free!

I used to stare at my screen for minutes trying to figure out what am I doing or supposed to do

I feel like you are talking about me πŸ™‚
    Sometimes I decide I want to do something, enter the D:/ partition of my hard disk and then stare at the folders like: errr…what the heck did I just wanted to do!?.
    I call those moments the zapuc moments πŸ˜‰

Nekotamo

lillyflower, Thank you for your input!
    Yes, yes, definitely, not yourself, detached from body!
    However as for the scary and weird part, I’d attribute that one more to Anxiety…for example when I sleep and suddenly wake up anxious I feel sooo weird, like my thoughts and emotions have been mixed, it is such an indescribable state of consciousness…one of the worst feelings ever!

Also brain fog for me is always there, I cannot say “it happens while driving”, it doesn’t happen for me, its just there all the time.

But hey I guess you all are on the diet so candida is off sometimes, but I’m still not so I guess its always on for me.

Able900
    Spectator

Nekotamo;32613 wrote: @able900, thank you for advice, I still haven’t even done a blood test, but I will keep it in mind.

Nekotamo; I don’t understand. You’ve described the symptoms of both Candida and brain fog absolutely perfectly yet you’re not sure you want to try a supplement to help you unless you get tested first? If you purchase the Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate, and it helps your brain fog, then the chances that you have a Candida overgrowth is at the very least doubled. The Molybdenum is a lot cheaper than the tests.

Just trying to help you.
    Able

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

My anxiety has literally cut in half, if not more, since starting the diet.

Case in point: Putting up the Christmas decorations at work required me to stand on a small step ladder and reach up to the ceiling to hook them in. I had to move at a snail’s pace, broke out into a sweat, thought I might puke, and had to breathe slowly and deeply just to do it. It took me about an hour to do something that should have taken 15 minutes, and I was nearly in tears at one point (all trying to hide this from my coworkers).

Taking down the decorations at work a month later required the same thing, getting on the step ladder to unhook the ornaments. I did in about ten minutes (it’s a little easier to take down than to put up, of course.) I didn’t give two craps about the height, the ladder, or any of it; it didn’t even cross my mind.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

I feel spaced out and often forget whatim taking about in mid conversation. Its pretty bad, I also will ask the same question twice. I feel bad I hope I get sharper cuz my hubby gets annoyed with me to

Nekotamo

Able900, don’t get me wrong, of course I want to try it out, and I’m grateful for your advice, but its just that I’m afraid of spoiling the blood test results πŸ™‚ I want to eat stuff as usual until I take the blood test (although as orka1998 and some others have stated, blood test isn’t exactly reliable either).
    Then after it I’ll make sure I start a super strict diet.

@alexalgebra, I didn’t know anxiety could affect one in such a way :S Hmmm…maybe that explains why I was dizzy last time they drew the blood from my vein, even though nothing close to it ever happened to me before.

@hope4eva77, Yes, I even use English language as a very good indicator of it. Couple years ago I felt better than now and in turn was at least twice as fluent, even though my vocabulary and overall knowledge of English language is supposed to be significantly better these days.

Able900
    Spectator

Nekotamo;32647 wrote: Able900, don’t get me wrong, of course I want to try it out, and I’m grateful for your advice, but its just that I’m afraid of spoiling the blood test results πŸ™‚ I want to eat stuff as usual until I take the blood test (although as orka1998 and some others have stated, blood test isn’t exactly reliable either).
    Then after it I’ll make sure I start a super strict diet.

Do as you wish, Neko. But just so you know; the Molybdenum isn’t meant for the Candida overgrowth, it’s meant for the die-off toxins causing the brain fog, and it isn’t going to effect the Candida population or the tests. But again, do as you wish.

When are you supposed to have the test?

Able

Nekotamo

the Molybdenum isn’t meant for the Candida overgrowth, it’s meant for the die-off toxins causing the brain fog, and it isn’t going to effect the Candida population or the tests.

Oh! I didn’t know that! That’s awesome! In that case I’ll check out if there are some shops over here that sell it, if none, I’ll try to purchase some via internet, although my family has a really big opposition towards buying health related stuff via internet (and I understand them at least when it comes to health).

I’m supposed to have my blood test done somewhere within the next two weeks (but everything in this country, including blood tests, usually takes much longer than expected).

Keya
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

orka1998;32562 wrote: Hello Nekotamo,

Your user name made me smile as I understood it and then realized you are just in the “neighborhood” and speaking the same language πŸ™‚

I had also struggled translating the brain fog as well, but I think that all of us here use slightly different description of the same thing. Basically, I describe it as not being able to focus, taking minutes to answer a simple question or sometimes not answer at all as I can’t focus enough to come up with an answer. While I had it, I was not sure that I did. But now that I am 99% symptom free, I realized that I was under it for long time. Now I feel really as if the fog lifted and it’s nice an sunny in my head. I am in IT as well and yes, the very low framerate is how I would describe it. The rest of the world is going and you are just struggling to catch up. I used to stare at my screen for minutes trying to figure out what am I doing or supposed to do. And I had a memory of a gold fish, by the time I walk from one room to another I would forget what I was supposed to do!

Best of luck to you! Since we are in the same region, if I can help, please let me know.

Arijana

Hi everybody, I’m also from the “region” πŸ™‚ , from Croatia, and I was wondering how are you dealing with getting the drugs, specifically Molybdenum and strong probiotics? (sorry if it’s a little bit offtopic) I can’t get Molybdenum here and can’t order it online because they would hold it on customs because it is a drug. Also, I’m having problems with finding the strong probiotics, the strongest here are 5 billion CFU and 4 strains. Did you maybe find a solution for getting stronger drugs?

Concerning the brain fog, it’s a disaster, some days I just feel like not going to work because I can’t concentrate, it’s literally like living in a fog all the time πŸ™‚ And the worst part is, people around you don’t understand it, you have to act like it’s all normal.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘How would you describe your brain fog?’ is closed to new replies.