How will i know if my oral thrush (candida) infection is cured?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How will i know if my oral thrush (candida) infection is cured?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  divinetongue 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

CJB
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

What signs can i see if my oral thrush and candida infection is cured is a fungal test appropriate? What is a “normal” candida level? If no test, should i just wing it before i step down from the diet?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have a few questions for you:

Do you have any other symptoms other than oral thrush?

How long have you been on the diet? Do you feel better?

What is this “fungal test” you are referring to?

What do you mean “should I just wing it” before stepping down on the diet?

Basically, as you get better you should feel all of the symptoms lift slowly week by week, month by month. Oral thrush is hard to get rid of because you need to change the environment within the body via probiotics, antifungals and a good diet. It takes a long time from my experience to do this; likely 6-18 months for most people.

Another way to test things out is to go off the diet for a period of time (1 to 7 days) and start testing things out like sugar, dairy, grains, etc. Angular chilitis and oral thrush should return rather quickly if you do still have it.

-raster

Bucephalus
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 87

Two questions:

1) CJB, how long have you been on the diet?
    How long before your white tongue started disappearing. I have been on the diet for only two weeks and it seems to be going away, but I thought it would take longer than this, so I’m not sure if this is just a transient recession in the short term.

2) You said it takes 6-18 months, how long have you been on the diet for Raster?
    Have all your obvious symptoms gone? Have you relaxed the diet yet?

David.

CJB
    Topics: 1

Rasher & David, Here are the answers to your questions and some detail about my story at the bottom.

Any other symptoms: I had two small dry flaky patchs on two fingers which have completely healed.

How long on diet: Wow, I feel so wimpy to say it’s been just 12 days.

Feeling better: YES, after the major die-off experience and some continued sweats/chills/fatigue I feel amazingly better. All of the large white lesions in my mouth have healed, and other than some general inflammation and burning when brushing I know this is working.

“Fungal test” referred to: Oral swab sent to a lab by my doctor.

Mean of “just winging it”: Well having an imaginary signpost on this road to healing helps to mentally focus me, so if there was no “general” timeline I was basically just going off the diet slowly as prescribed and seeing what happens.

Likely 6-18 months for most people: Ok, there’s the sign post! Health City ahead keep driving! I’ll broaden my meal planning and listen to my body each day and see how I do in the following weeks.

Cheated? No, but I have an apple on a pedestal waiting for me. But I may have to change it to strawberries.

MY Story: I went misdiagnosed for 2 years was told I had an auto-immune disorder (should have gone for a second opinion). I finally I couldn’t take it any longer and was correctly diagnosed about 6 weeks ago and put on the Nystanin and another liquid antifungle. After 6 weeks on both and a followup visit I left the office convinced that this was not going to heal the conventional way and hit the internet and found diet and your site.

Because I plunged into this thing so quickly (and affected by the die-off in 30 hours) I hadn’t ordered the recommended herbal treatments until recently and will start asap (I can’t find everything locally).

I can’t believe that a condition like this would benefit from just a diet. The dramatic improvement so far has encouraged me to such it up and keep going.

I’m greatful for you and your website. Keep going David! CJB

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello CJB,

Good to hear you are feeling a ton better after starting the diet. The thing is, even though you feel good now, is that you will feel way more better in the coming weeks and months. How good do you want to feel is the question you should ask yourself and it takes a very long time to get where you want to be at from my experience. My personal goal is to feel like I did years ago and I am getting close to surpassing my goal.

Antifungals alone won’t cure your infestation, the single most important thing you need to get better is probiotics which replaces the gut flora lost to this infection. The more probiotics you have in the gut, the more mercenaries you have to fight the enemy which is candida.

You definitely need to protect the liver and kidneys as well as possible from die off so that they do not become damaged. A damaged liver can take a long time to heal from my experience and there is a wide variety of additional symptoms that may develop if you do not heal it or protect it.

Bucephalus: to answer your question, I’ve been on the diet for over a year. I am eating fruit regularly and when I cheat I barely get a reaction. The things I am most allergic to are GMO foods, processed foods, sugar, and wheat. The thing that is different for me is I am a smoker and damaged my lungs which harbors mucous which protects candida. I am going to need to quit smoking to become fully healed and I am planning on doing that before the end of the year. I have a blog post on the forum if you are interested, the search doesn’t work very well right now.

-raster

divinetongue
    Topics: 0

Hi all,

I had oral thrush for almost a year now. I tried almost everything I know (except Western Medicine) but the thrush wont go away.

Recently, I had a series of acupuncture sessions and my oral thrush on the tongue dramatically improved by 80-90%! That’s pretty awesome! But I noticed I had more white lesions in the roof of the mouth, tonsils and cheeks. They are not painful and easily removed. But they are there especially after a few hours of eating.

Do you think my thrush is improving because it lessened in the tongue? How about the white stuffs in the roof, cheeks and tonsils?

Thanks in advanced!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How will i know if my oral thrush (candida) infection is cured?’ is closed to new replies.