How to tell parents I have candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How to tell parents I have candida?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ryan358
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I’m a boy and I have yeast overgrowth. I’m really scared to mention it though because I obviously saw it on the internet and they don’t like me looking stuff up. I’m really scared though and want to tell them.
    Also they would ask how I came across it… And I don’t even know. And they would assume I was looking up autism or something. Also since doctors don’t understand candida, i couldn’t just ask to get a blood test. And trying to describe all the symptoms to them wouldn’t do anything because i’m sure they don’t even know what candida is. PLLEASE HELP!

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

how do you know it’s candida? what are your symptoms? why do you want to tell them? you can treat it without telling them. candida can also be just gut dysbiosis, where you have a bad balance of everything including yeast. you can likely correct that with a whole foods diet, cook with coconut oil, eat fermented foods. if that’s the case then, instead of telling them you have candida, tell them you want to eat a paleo type whole foods diet and you want to start making real sauerkraut. go to the library and get books on fermented veggies – they can’t punish you for reading from the library right?

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Hey Ryan,

Im sorry you are going through this.
    My guess is that you did some research, and the symptoms of candida fit your situation.
    How old are you? Im assuming the parents are still making important decisions for you, and for this reason, I think it is in your best interest to tell them that you do not feel good.
    The Food Matter site has an informative page describing it to the person new to it, here is a link:
    http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/how-to-overcome-candida-naturally

Candida is a common problem, but doctors dont seem to make it as important as the people who are not feeling good think they should make it. You could always tell mom and dad that a friend who was on antibiotics had to be treated for it and told you about it…but Im not a fan of telling stories. But it is true that most people who have candida overgrowth had taken antibiotics at one time or another, and usually is what gets this out of control.

rambolincoln
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 12

Ryan,

You are incorrect. Doctors do know about Candida. But the fungal form of candida infections rarely appear in otherwise healthy people. It is usually seen in people who are on their death beds, with compromised immune systems. It’s a disease of the diseased.

The fungal infection of Candida, Candidiasis is uncommon in people who appear healthy. It is rare and uncommon for an otherwise healthy person to have it. The symptoms produced overlap many other more common diseases and conditions.

If your physician has worked in a hospital for a number of years with terminal patients, he or she has most definitely seen Candidiasis before. They are simply taught in school what to first test for based on symptoms experienced. The rare diseases are at the bottom of the list. That’s why people tend to rage about doctor’s “not knowing anything” when they have to go through endless testing.

There are blood tests for the fungal form of Candida. There are a lot of different types of Candida tests. There are specially tailored fungal anti-biotics which specifically kill fungus and avoid killing bacteria. It’s not a condition mysterious to the medical profession. It’s a mystery why YOU have it, an otherwise healthy person not on his deathbed.

Collect evidence of your condition. Take pictures of yeast structures in your stool. Make printouts of Candida symptom lists and bring them to your doctor. He or she will send you for testing.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend playing some dr. mcoombs videos:

http://www.candidaplan.com/new/media_center/

and then get proper testing:

http://www.candidaplan.com/store/Candida-Testing/

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How to tell parents I have candida?’ is closed to new replies.