How to take L-Glutamine

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How to take L-Glutamine

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lee26 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

FranzFan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 14

I’m pretty sure that I have leaky gut along with candida overgrowth. I have bought some l-glutamine to try and help heal it. Does anyone have any idea of the best times of the day to take glutamine? I should say that I take nystatin orally at morning and before bed, when I have an empty stomach, but I’m not sure whether I should combine glutamine with this?

I am also doing around 3 nystatin enemas per week and wondered whether combining glutamine with the enema might yield results?

Thanks guys

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Health advisers at Drugs.com recommend taking glutamine tablets on an empty stomach at least one hour prior to meals for optimal and quickest absorption. Glutamine is absorbed in the small intestine, which is the main transport system for absorbing amino acids after protein is physically broken down in the stomach. Taking glutamine on an empty stomach eliminates the need for it to compete with other amino acids for absorption during this process.

Blessings

FranzFan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 14

flailingWcandi wrote: Health advisers at Drugs.com recommend taking glutamine tablets on an empty stomach at least one hour prior to meals for optimal and quickest absorption. Glutamine is absorbed in the small intestine, which is the main transport system for absorbing amino acids after protein is physically broken down in the stomach. Taking glutamine on an empty stomach eliminates the need for it to compete with other amino acids for absorption during this process.

Blessings

Thanks very much!

nikki
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 136

FranzFan,

good to know that you are doing nystatin enemas.
    since how many days have you been doing this, and how do you feel?

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Thanks very much!

Au contraire, thank you. Checking into these things to pitch in for others helps me learn and start getting this all in my noggin. There’s so much to learn….

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello franz,

I responded to your post but it didn’t make it for some reason. I wanted to say that I take probiotics and glutamine with meals and it doesn’t make too much of a difference either way in my opinion when you take it.

-raster

lee26
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

Hello franz,

If your worried about absorption, you could try Micronized L-Glutamine, which i know people over at Curezone are using for leaky gut.

http://www.iherb.com/Pure-Advantage-Micronized-L-Glutamine-1-1-lbs-500-g/17677

http://www.bodyactive-online.co.uk/Shopping/pdphd-micronizedlglutamine.asp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How to take L-Glutamine’ is closed to new replies.