how to relieve stress?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions how to relieve stress?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  shanrocks 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

I was wondering what you all do for stress management. Prior to starting this diet I went to the gym several times a week specifically to keep stress levels down and also for cholesterol. Although I still have a gym membership I don’t want to work out bec I don’t want to lose more weight. But I’m very stressed and don’t know what else to do? I’m being overworked, my daughter’s a handful, my husband is annoying, this diet sucks. Everyone is getting on my nerves!

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

1. Walk, just simply go for a walk once a day. Not fast-walking or anything, just take a walk in the park, the woods or where ever you like to walk 😉

2. Mindfulness meditation, 15-20 minutes. This is the most powerful tool you can get for stress relieve. I believe that Everyone with candida should try this out. Just remember that if the die-off symptoms are at its highest, meditation and staying calm is quite difficult – but not impossible. If you have an smartphone, use on of the higher graded mindfulness-apps available.

3. Do more stuff that you like. This means taking care of yourself too (even applying body lotion to your legs will do the trick).

4. take your time. Mind what you are doing at the moment and experience that only, focusing on the process rather then the result. This is very effective.

5. Do more nothing at all. Yes, allow yourself to be bored on purpose, don’t watch some telly or facebook, just sit on the couch and do nothing.

All of the above is something you must learn over time, but when you do, you will indeed feel pretty damn good!
    But remember, c. albicans is a great great factor for stress, even small amounts of stress will be magnified 10x when the candida is raging your body.

If running/jugging was not that hard on the diet I would highly recommend it, running has proven to be more effective for some depressive patient then anti-depression medication.

Angel29
    Participant

Thanks. I’m really trying to take it easy and do less. I realize I DO way too much. I’ve also been trying to breath deeply throughout the day. I just feel like there’s no real outlet for me and today I sort of broke down. This diet is really starting to infuriate me. What’s so bad about eating bread…it’s not bad for you, it’s not like I’m eating cookies. It pisses me off that I can’t eat normal healthy things that I once enjoyed.

I’m hoping to start walking once Spring arrives. Thanks for reading.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One word: acupuncture!

-raster

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

Acupuncture is amazing. Look for a community acupuncture to keep the cost down. Im going this weekend for $15! Massage helps me and detox baths with ginger, lavender, epsom salts, and lemon. Im thinking of getting a small tattoo to remind me to breathe deeper, be in the moment, but wonder how toxic the ink may be…

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I do a lot of meditating (even short ones, like just lying still for a few minutes before I get out of bed or before I sleep, or sitting for a couple of moments during the day to space out and breathe), reading, and I actually found arts and crafts to be amazing for my stress! I’m not amazing by any means, but just having something to concentrate on and do with my hands that produces something feeds my need to be productive (kind of a workaholic) as well as gives me an outlet to be creative and takes my mind off of how I can’t eat anything. There are lots of simple crafts to learn how to do if you don’t know how to do much art stuff, like crocheting (easy once you get the hang of it and you can bust out mittens for everyone for holidays LOL) or papercrafts. If you’re into that sort of thing, also check out swap-bot.com…I don’t really like to keep all the shit I make, so it’s a way to swap your art with other crafty folks instead of filling your house with it, hahaha.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

I can relate and sympathize here stress is a huge factor for me & I totally get the annoying hubby & diet to. The diet has been extremely hard for me I don’t have it right yet.and with a baby in the house I’ve learnd there’s really no way to keep up

I agree with all the above advice deep breathing is great! I do this often, just sitting and doing this with a cup of peppermint tea helps me, I understand its tough to just sit with a baby to mine will just jump all over me trying to hug me but in the process pull my hair & bite me and she b hurting me 2 !

I think my stress is worse from candida this may b the case with u as well hopefully when die off ends we will feel better!

If u are religious prayer always helps and reminding yourself constantly this isn’t forever. Do anything else u enjoy and take comfort in small things like cuddling your children or taking a bath. I love blasting my music and I couldn’t clean a thing without loud music.

Angel29
    Participant

Thanks all.

I’ve done acupuncture in the past for insomnia but it cost like $65 per session. What do you mean by “community acupuncture?”

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

You might be able to get free or cheap massage at a massage school, check around your area. The same may be true if there’s an acupuncture school near you.

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

I just bought an app called “Mindfulness” from the App Store for £1.49. I’d highly recccomend it.

Emsmith
    Participant

Angel, community acupuncture is a large dark room with several patients getting treatment at the same time. There is ambient music and everyone is respectful and quiet. Some fall asleep, i do sometimes, so i bring headphones just in case. You stay as long as you like. I only leave if im dying to pee or starving…usually 1 1/2hrs….

“We recommend regular frequent treatments. Acupuncture is most effective when done frequently. In China it’s not uncommon for a patient to receive treatment daily until symptoms are alleviated. But in the U.S., where a private acupuncture treatment typically costs $65-$150, only a wealthy few can afford this. Community acupuncture on a sliding scale allows you to come as frequently as you need.

We treat in a group setting. The community acupuncture model gets back to the roots of how acupuncture has been practiced in Asia for thousands of years – in a group setting. Patients lie in comfortable recliners, fully clothed, in a quiet, soothing community room. There is a beauty to a group setting. Have you ever felt the power of being in a group? In church? In a yoga class? At a high school football game? Group energy is inspiring, and group healing energy will inspire you to get better faster.

We believe in being part of the community. Every patient receives the same level of high quality care. An affordable acupuncture clinic means that more people have the choice to use acupuncture for health care, ultimately building a stronger and healthier community.”

Cant wait to try these mindfulness apps!!

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

i wish i could do this but dont have community acupuncture in my area ,sux i planned on paying private twice a month

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

In my case, I noticed my ability to handle stress was increased 10 fold when I upped my vitamin C intake. I currently take 6000-10000 mg a day.

I also would echo that acupuncture is so relaxing. What about some mild yoga? I love yoga because my body is holding a lot of toxins in my muscles, yoga helps ring them out.

Angel29
    Participant

I made an appointment for community acu, I can’t believe it’s only $15!!

Emsmith
    Participant

Angel, im so glad you are able to do this! I was there for 2 hrs yesterday! Wish i could go daily.

I used to use a light box in the winter, 15 -30 min in the morning, supposed to help with seasonal affective disorder, pms, depression, etc. I think i’ll get back into this, seemed to help my mood.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART03222/Light-Therapy.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘how to relieve stress?’ is closed to new replies.