how to put weight on/build muscle

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions how to put weight on/build muscle

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  lockie86 5 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

lockie86
    Participant
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 76

Hi,

getting way too skinny on this diet, are there any allowed foods that will help me put weight on?

And also any food that will help build muscle. Have lost loads of muscle definition in my arms (didn’t have much to begin with!) so maybe need more protein too?

Heeeellllp!

Thanksm

Mark
    UK

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

lockie86;54645 wrote: Hi,

getting way too skinny on this diet, are there any allowed foods that will help me put weight on?

And also any food that will help build muscle. Have lost loads of muscle definition in my arms (didn’t have much to begin with!) so maybe need more protein too?

Heeeellllp!

Thanksm

Mark
    UK

You are probably not eating enough.

I feast everyday like it’s thanksgiving.
    Whole roasted chickens, Homemade turkey chorizo, Avocados, cultured butter, EVOO, huge salmon filets, and truck loads of vegetables and ferments.

Its all about cooking tasty food, lots of good recipes, and cooking in advance.

Heres some of my staples ->
    – Whole roasted chicken/turkey
    – Beef/Turkey/Chicken Thai red curry
    – Mexican lettuce wraps (ground turkey/beef with onion, jalapenos, etc.)
    – Salmon salad
    – Pork chops with homemade sauerkraut
    – Creamy buckwheat with cultured butter/cultured cheese
    – I eat whole cucumbers like bananas
    – Paleo chicken fingers
    – Almond butter
    – Shrimp and avocado salad
    – homemade turkey chorizo
    – Paleo onion rigs

My diet is VERY high in healthy fats (omega 3’s too!), in no way has this contributed to body fat. Quite the opposite.

Check out the recipes section!

Tdog333
    Replies: 245

do you just eat the almond butter straight up? Or do you cook with it? I’m looking for recipes for it!

Danny33

Tdog333;54648 wrote: do you just eat the almond butter straight up? Or do you cook with it? I’m looking for recipes for it!

I eat it straight up, put big scoops in my Thai Curries (its straight amazing), on Celery, on creamy buckwheat, etc.

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

@Danny,

I take it you’re not on the forum’s strict diet if you’re eating pork and beef?

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks all, yeah I was gonna say how come you can eat red meat (and esp pork, thought that a big nono?)

Also thought chilli/red pepper not allowed?

And can we ea shrimp??

What is cultured butter/cheese? That sounds good, if it’s allowed?

All this is sure making me hungry for stuff I’m not sure I can have! :-))

Wow is there a recipe section? Where’s that?

Danny33

lockie86;54677 wrote: Thanks all, yeah I was gonna say how come you can eat red meat (and esp pork, thought that a big nono?)

Also thought chilli/red pepper not allowed?

And can we ea shrimp??

What is cultured butter/cheese? That sounds good, if it’s allowed?

All this is sure making me hungry for stuff I’m not sure I can have! :-))

Wow is there a recipe section? Where’s that?

No, I’m not following the strict forum diet.
    However, Raster’s list is a great place to begin.
    It teaches you start basic and slowly add items over time.

This is extremely helpful to identify food sensitivities, intolerances, and the rare allergy. Like many other candida sufferers, I too have many food sensitivities (e.g Eggs, Jalapenos, Chocolate) and I easily identified these by starting slow and being mindful of symptoms.

I see no reason to avoid quality beef and pork (I always do natural anti-biotic free) unless you are having trouble digesting them or reacting to them. Not only do they fill me up and are delicious, they provide nutrition and help tremendously filling me up. I eat beef or pork 1-3 times a week with 0 issues.

I buy cultured butter (“Vermont Creamery” Cultured Butter) from a local health food store. Very delicious and beneficial for me. The lactose free cultured cheese I eat is “Heini’s Yogurt Cultured® Cheese”.

Alot of people will end up going crazy if their diet is too strict, this was the case for me.
    I think a lot of the above items will provide help for many people but always use caution and take it slow.

It’s also important to note that I’ve been treating myself for over a year with various protocols and while I’m light years better then when I started. I’m not completely cured yet.

-D

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t have a problem with beef and pork but I do have a problem with eating it every day as your only meat type. All I know is that when I consume it, it takes a longer period to digest vs. chicken/fish.

Same with his other items, they aren’t bad when consumed every now and then, but if you eat regularly, you might not heal as fast. For dairy, you should be concerned about the animal the item comes from and whether it contains antibiotics/hormones.

Red peppers are slightly higher in sugar content when compared to green peppers but shouldn’t set you back much typically…the benefits likely outweigh the detriments.

-raster

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Whow. That’s a lot of meat. Do you buy everything organic? Because that would be pretty expensive.

Danny33

TheChosenOne;54710 wrote: Whow. That’s a lot of meat. Do you buy everything organic? Because that would be pretty expensive.

No, organic is not as important as people would make you think.
    It is a little better though. I do however, always buy antibiotic/hormone free. I live next to an “EarthFare” healthfood store that doesn’t even allow meats in the door if it has anti-biotics, hormones, GMO, etc.

I am on a budget like many people here so I make it count by signing up every and all of the electronic deals, clubs, and other special offers grocery stores will make. When I get a significant discount, I stock up heavily, especially meat/protein.

On a side note I eat more vegetables than meat, I was just highlighting foods to gain weight as lockie86 was asking 🙂

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks all this is v useful.

Raster are yellow peppers same as red, sugar-wise?

And so basically red pepper, chilli and tomato are all OK in moderation?

I also saw not to cook with flax oil but is baking ok with flaxseed powder?

Many thanks,

Mark

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘how to put weight on/build muscle’ is closed to new replies.