How to gain weight?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How to gain weight?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

I’ve been rapidly losing weight on this diet, I’m at a measly 102 pounds now. This is really starting to take a toll on my self confidence as, I was already skinny and now my clothes don’t fit properly. I tried eating coconut oil bec I know it has a lot of calories, but frankly, it’s starting to become disgusting and eating too much of it gives me a stomach ache. Are there any good/creative ways of eating it? Also, has anyone looked into drinking Ensure or Glucerna in order to gain weight?

Thanks.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Angel.
    Ensure contains sugar, corn Maltodextrin, and soy oil, all of which would stop your progress on the treatment.

Glucerna contains corn maltodextrin, fructose, soy protein isolate, soy fiber, artificial flavors and sucralose. Same story as above.

There is only one way to stop weight loss and add weight. Read the post for information.
    Weight Loss – how can I stop it?

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

This is the single most important easy way to get better and to gain more weight:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1222_Chew-your-food-longer–Simple-tip-to-improve-your-health.aspx

How many course meals are you eating? You ideally should be eating 3-4 course meals 3x per day, rotating the meals throughout the week with snacks between meals.

A simple reason you are likely are losing weight is because of nutritional deficiencies. If you supplement yourself with vitamins abcdek, tons of trace minerals, biotin, probiotics, etc. your body will find the resources it needs to recover and thus stop using muscle mass, bones, hair, other parts of the body for energy.

-raster

Angel29
    Participant

Are there other creative ways of eating coconut oil? Right now I put cold chunks of it into my yogurt and eat it like that.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Man, I would not touch anything that has creatine in it…I believe this may be a spam post as well.

-raster

samuel50
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 26

Eat more fruits and vegetables rather than junk foods. Drink hot water everyday to remove bad cholesterol in the body. You can see good result in one month time.

Angel29
    Participant

Samuel,

Is that a fact….hot water reduces cholesterol??? Please elaborate.

samuel50

Angel,
    If you drink a glass or two of hot water, you increase your body temperature slightly. Your body, in order to maintain your temperature around 98.6 degrees, will begin to sweat to cool itself down. The sweating induced by drinking hot water helps purify your bloodstream by flushing toxins out of your body. It is reported that drinking hot water also helps remove deposits in the nervous system that have a negative effect on your thoughts and emotional responses. By drinking hot water, you are able to purify your body and mind, creating a balance that will make you feel healthier and think more clearly. It will help to reduce bad cholesterol in the body as it will burn those cholesterol.

UncleOxidant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 56

The candida diet is essentially (and necessarily) a low carb diet. You’re gonna lose weight on it. It’s Atkins and now Paleo people discovered that long ago. When I was on it 20 years ago I got down to 140lbs (I’m a 6ft. tall male) before things stabilized. This time around I had already lost about 15 lbs due to digestive problems prior to starting the diet and now that I have been doing the diet for over a week I’ve lost another 4 or 5 lbs, but my stomach is getting better and I’m able to eat more now so I’m hoping that will be slowing down and stabilizing soon.

As for nicer ways to eat coconut oil – you could try warming it up so that it’s liquid and then quickly mixing it into a smoothie. I don’t think you’ll notice it much then.

samuel50

Eat egg, rice and sleep more time to put on weight.

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

Make the coconut bread that you find here on recipes and eat avocados (just to name a few) this is how I maintain the weight @Samuel-rice is not allowed in this forums diet-it
    feeds the candida

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

I eat my coconut cakes (in recipe section) & about 600ml of kefir most days, those will help you maintain or put on weight if thats what you want.

samuel50

Tsunny;31543 wrote: Make the coconut bread that you find here on recipes and eat avocados (just to name a few) this is how I maintain the weight @Samuel-rice is not allowed in this forums diet-it
    feeds the candida

Rice is all carbohydrates, if you eat excess carbs, and it isn’t burned, it turns to glucose..it can make you gain weight. Brown rice is healthy compared with white rice.

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

I drink one litre full fat milk kefir a day; that is 40 grams of fat right there.

In addition, eat several eggs, plus coconut oil, and that will keep you plump.

Also, minimize physical activity.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

I found coconut milk to be easier on the stomach than coconut oil. Occasionally, I have done unsweetened coconut milk with a pinch of stevia and some ice cubes then put it in the blender. I don’t do any coconut oil/milk in the evening, because it seems to be somewhat stimulating for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How to gain weight?’ is closed to new replies.