How to find helps for multiple issues.. Histamine, Candida etc

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How to find helps for multiple issues.. Histamine, Candida etc

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Percyfaith 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

For the past five years, after years of physical neglect and two serious illnesses, I have been working to help heal what ‘I think’ is Leaky Gut, Silent Acid Reflux, Food Sensitivities (gluten, nightshades, and caffeine), perhaps an ulcer and Candida Overgrowth and the three conditions. I know I have Inflammation, Dysbiosis and Hypothyroidism. I think that Histamine Intolerance is a major factor with all of these (or that they all cause each other) and I am wondering about the slew of things I’ve taken (Mastic Gum, Aloe, L-Glutamine and DGL among dozens of other supplements, ACV to Enzymes and Probiotics) to try and help heal. I am wondering if all I’ve been doing to heal various areas of concern could be aggravating my Histamine level. This in turn may be counterproductive to healing. I have been taking each supplement that I want to take and trying to ask if it could make any of my conditions worse. Like replacing any supplement that has Stearates like Magnesium Stearate and other questionable fillers.

This is very hard to articulate. I do not know of anywhere to seek help or how to find a definitive diagnosis of all my health concerns. I do believe that there is a strong connection between Mind and Body. Spiritually I am well and growing and I have made great strides to clean up my diet but physically I have one strange symptom after another. As soon as I get one fire put out, another ignites. Also on the down side my diet is very limited, I spend too much time online trying to figure this stuff out, I don’t exercise enough and am from time to time stressed and discouraged.

Well back to a specific question …I’ve seen licorice Root listed as ‘may have histamine releasing capacities’. Do any of you know if DGL alright to take if you have a Histamine Intolerance? I have been taking a DGL Power in water for healing Acid Reflux, ulcer and leaky gut.

Oh and thank you to Raster and Vinny who had great magnesium stearate free supplements ideas from another post.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Foods specifically are the greatest source of your histamine problems, if you do have them…so research low-histamine foods. Vitamin C also reduces histamine levels. If you want to save time and money and get better faster…a good naturopath is where its at.

-raster

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

raster;59819 wrote: Foods specifically are the greatest source of your histamine problems, if you do have them…so research low-histamine foods. Vitamin C also reduces histamine levels. If you want to save time and money and get better faster…a good naturopath is where its at.

-raster

Thank you Raster!

Yes, I’ve been spending hours reading articles and comments about Histamine Intolerance and I have one DAO gene with a double defect which might predispose me if it is expressed.

When I took a look at my diet it has been almost all high histamine foods.

I want to take Vit C it was my go to supplement most of my life but since I had cancer in 2009 it causes me rectal bleeding. Do you know of a mild form I can try? Twin Allergy C made from Sago Palm is better than some I have tried but I can not take it daily or it too causes bleeding.

I will keep looking for a Naturopath but since they are not covered by insurance at all and I have not had any income at all in years it is hard to get any intensive help that is not covered. This fall I will begin getting a little social security and will work to find the best one to go to until then. My husband and I do not believe in having any debt so we only go and do when we can afford. Somehow as I write this it is sounding like an excuse-
    I will get after it… saving time and money and get better faster sounds ideal.

I am in Central Virginia if any one here knows a quality Naturopath close or at least in or near Virginia please let me know.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘How to find helps for multiple issues.. Histamine, Candida etc’ is closed to new replies.