How soon into stage 1 does die off occur?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How soon into stage 1 does die off occur?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lily 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Lily
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 42

Anyone have any ideas on this or does it vary hugely from person to person? This is my 3rd day of stage 1 and I’ve had a rotten headache for a couple of days. Woke at 4:30 this morning with a blindine headache, worse than what it has been, feeling sick and a bit shaky. I’m also on antifungals prescribed by my doc. Could this be die off already?? Also without thinking, after giving my kids some ice cream I got some on my thumb and licked it off. My tongue is sore again (had oral thrush on and off for months) after being fine for a couple of days and my headache is back. Surely the tiniest bit of sugar from the ice cream couldn’t have triggered a reaction! It was barely a smudge on my thumb!

Jackie R
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 22

Hope you’re feeling a bit better, Lily. I can only comment by adding that drinking lots – I mean lots- of water has helped me when I have had the headaches and diziness. That, and lots of rest when that’s possible.

Lily

Felt rotten again this morning, more headaches, nausea and dizziness but that may be the antifungals the doc gave me. Sometimes worse for a couple of hours after taking them.

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Jackie is right. Water is your BEST friend right now. Make yourself drink it. Like 80+ ounces of the stuff. Hope this die-off junk doesn’t last too long for you!

Lily

Thanks Hope! Feeling pretty good now! Onto day 9 of stage 1 and have no symptoms at all. Maybe those first 4 days were die off, who knows?! All I do know is as much as I hate the food (sick of the same thing) I feel SO much better! My skin looks amazing!! I’m developing a real love/hate relationship with this diet ha ha. Look and feel better but the food is pants!

Lily

Thanks Hope! Feeling pretty good now! Onto day 9 of stage 1 and have no symptoms at all. Maybe those first 4 days were die off, who knows?! All I do know is as much as I hate the food (sick of the same thing) I feel SO much better! My skin looks amazing!! I’m developing a real love/hate relationship with this diet ha ha. Look and feel better but the food is pants!

disco flavor
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 8

You know, most people seem to have a lot of complaints with the lack of variety in the Candida diet, but honestly, if you’re willing to be adventurous, it’s actually kind of awesome. The diet has forced me to try a whole bunch of new foods I would never have normally made, and I love them all!

Sure, if you limit yourself to the remaining foods that you used to each, it’ll get boring: (brocolli, green beans, repeat), but branch out! Try the weird things on the list. Since starting this three weeks ago, I’ve learned to make:

-Curry chicken (it’s become a favorite, and I’m definitely going to keep making it, even off of the diet)
    -Rudabagas (How did I not know about these before? You can mash them like potatoes, or even make garlic fries out of them. Really, really good)
    -Home made tomato sauce
    -Turnips
    -Coconut oil (I never want to use anything else, this stuff is so awesome. Try frying green beans in them. It’s amazing, and super anti-fungal too)
    -Ginger tea (I was a heavy green tea drinker before and never really ventured too far into herbal teas. The diet made me try ginger, and I love it)
    -Wild rice (not awesome, but definitely a new flavor to try)

And best of all: I’ve become a pro omelet chef. I always wanted to learn how to make a decent omelet, but never wanted to put in the time. Candida forced me to, and now I could serve my spinach, onion, tomato and peppers omelet’s at a deli.

Now, this isn’t to say I don’t constantly wish I could eat a PB&J, but still, keep your eyes on the bright side. There’s a whole world of food out there, so be adventurous!

Lily

Oh I’ve rustled up homemade chicken jalfrezi a couple of times. Ok but needs sauce. The rutabagas are swedes to us Brits and they’re ok but I’ve never been a huge fan of them. Coconut oil….oh boy. This stuff is yack. Been eating it as much as poss but it makes me gag. Not pleasant! Can’t stand ginger so that’s out for me and not tried wild rice yet as just been eating brown/wholegrain. This diet does make me feel better but it’s a chore! If I see another omelette I may throw up (had a few too many haha). Have been trying but I really struggle with it all. Doesn’t matter how you dress it up you’re still eating a pretty restricted diet! I’m on day 11 of stage 1 and raring to go for stage 2! Potatoes again yippeeee!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How soon into stage 1 does die off occur?’ is closed to new replies.