how often can one cheat ?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions how often can one cheat ?

This topic contains 51 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I try to avoid yeast when I cheat once a week. I just eat some icecream or a piece of chocolate, not the best but it keeps me sane!!

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

You really would feel more sane if you stopped feeding the yeast with something crazy high in sugar like ice cream! Seriously!! Would also probably help bloating, etc. Eating one thing that upsets the candida can give you symptoms for days or weeks.

Also, cocoa, really not good. Caffeine + beans.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

yeah the cocoa not good i was thinking of doing blueberries and brown rice once a wk ,possibly sum carob

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I know the cocoa isn’t good but I figured it was better than sugar. Like I said, my cheats usually involve a rice pasta, something carby… I am okay now with not eating dessert items but the cocoa stuff sounded good to me. 🙂

yeastygut
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 34

Cheat with winter squash or sweet potato. Here’s a recipe (from the Whole Approach candida forum) that me and my entire family absolutely loves.

Sauteed Butternut Squash with Lemon, Almonds and Parsley (or cilantro)

2 Tbs olive oil
    2 Tbs unsalted ghee
    3 cups ½ inch diced, peeled butternut squash
    salt and ground pepper
    ¼ cup loosely packed parsley, chopped
    1/3- 1/2 cup finely chopped, soaked raw (truly raw) almonds -soak for approx. 6 hours
    1 ½ tsps grated organic lemon zest or lemon juice to taste
    lime juice to taste

Heat the oil and ghee in a 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot and the butter has melted, add the squash, 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the squash is lightly browned and tender, 8-10 minutes. Transfer the squash to a serving bowl. Add the parsley, almonds and lemon zest and toss to combine.
    Serve immediately.

hope4eva77

That’s a good idea thanks I was also thinking a sweet potato with stevia ciniman & coconut oil would b good occasionally

moochpb

I have cocoa bars with stevia, no sugar, 15 grams of carbs. Doesn’t taste exactly like chocolate but it will do. My naturalpath has cured many bacteria and yeast overgrowth problems and I’ve talked to her cured patients so I trust her saying to have a cheat meal of pretty much anything but yeast is fine. I came from a diet of crazy high carbs being Italian to chocolate and ice cream everyday. After starting the diet for a month I became real depressed. So looking forward to one meal is satisfying to me. Even if it delays progress. But I know if some people cheat they feel terrible, or breakout or anything. I don’t feel any different. I bloat no matter what I eat and I just started the cheat meal for two weeks now. I eat the prebiotic coconut cake and it tastes good. Other then that meat and veggies. That recepie above looks good

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

If I remember correctly hope, you smoke weed which doesn’t exactly help cravings and discipline with food.
    Think of it like this, you can only choose one drug, food or MJ. MJ gives you the release a lot of people don’t receive because of not smoking, so imo value the fact you can smoke. if you can’t stop these cravings stop the cycle putting you in this weakened state, which is smoking MJ.

hope4eva77

im also Italian and come from a family who eats tons of pasta and bread !
    Where do u get the bars with stevia ?

While its true that smoking weed isnt helping my cravings ,if i were to try to stop now it will worsen further my cravings to eat junk ,my anxiety ,stress ,and theres no way i could handle quitting along with battling my sugar addiction .im not sure if u read but ive been doing the diet for 3 days and then getting depressed and binging on carbs and sugar !Im well aware of my destructive behavior and im here for support .i dont have support from anyone other than u guys and its making it even harder to deal with as im offerd sugar every where i turn and noone understands other than sum very nice people here !

I can only be as strong as i am and i have Faith i can do this !Faith is my real name by the way lol anyway i dont feel i can quit smoking and do this diet as u can see im having a hard enough time giving up sugar for me the benefits of smoking weed for my anxiety ,depression and stress out weigh the risks of recovery lasting longer .When people stop smoking they eat more and they eat sweets because u crave carbs when quitting smoking so its really a no win there !

moochpb

I get the bars at a nutrition store, they are called the stevia chocolate company. Its a prebiotic too. It has a few grams of erithitol but no other sugars. 18 grams of carbs in the whole bar and its a big bar. I just don’t eat it all. I work and have to deal with everyone eating all crap and Im eating my chicken salad, and eggs. So cheating once a week for me doesn’t make me feel bad, my dr said don’t feel guilty and to tell you the truth I kinda do. But my progress is getting better, just a long road ahead!! I d still smoke weed if I didn’t get drug tested cause its natural but doesn’t help the cravings thats for sure. I have the prebiotic coconut cake and munch on that when i m dying for something.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hi Faith,

I know it’s tough, but keep trying. If you must cheat, then do so, but then also have a plan to cheat every 9th day, then 11th day and so on until you do not need to cheat any longer. Cheating during the diet is quite counter productive. You feed the remaining yeast and when you do antifungals you are killing more yeast so you will have tougher die-off. I had awful die-off episodes which were enough to keep me away from cheating. I did sometimes have a small serving of brown rice and quinoa or millet or amaranth at the beginning of my treatment when I was still trying to figure it all out so I agree that this takes some time getting used to. I too was offered food all the time and for me fruit is bigger bait than chocolate (we all have our weaknesses) and I remember having few strawberries at work because they kept showing them in my face. I ended up sick for 3-4 days, very sick! So that was my last lesson. I was cheat free from that point forward. I preferred controlled way of introducing food when I felt I was ready.

What I really wanted to say to you was that from the point that I stopped cheating or eating foods that are either borderline or no-no for this diet was when I no longer had any cravings. At work they keep showing stuff in my face and I just smile and say “no thank you” and don’t even blink. You start looking at that food with different eyes, your taste also changes. Fruit is a bit hard for me still at times, this is healthy food that you must say no to just because of sugar content, but as I do eat some fruit I am OK with that and survive well. I just love melons and grapes and who knows if I will be able to eat those one day. As I am almost completely symptom free I now do eat berries, grapefruit, granny smith apples and lemons.

We all have different personalities and you know yourself best so you make your own plan, but plan that will take you somewhere. Like quitting smoking. I was able to say I don’t want it and went from 2-3 packs per day to 0 in a single day. The crisis lasted about two weeks but I toughed it out. I have some friends that took time quitting smoking, and others that are quitting every Monday for years (I finally told them not to tell me anything until they are truly smoke free for few weeks ha-ha). So if you know that it’s easier for you to quit certain foods by gradually eliminating them, go for it, but keep in mind what the consequence of that decision is. I prefer a clean cut, like taking off the band-aid, but that’s me.

Best of luck to you!

Arijana

hope4eva77

u mayb i can order the bars online ?i dont have access to anything like that ,thanks
    i think the cheat a wk should be a lil more healthier than something sweet anything with sugar is worse for u than sumthing with yeast so if u ate bread instead it would b better than u eating any form of sugar .the bars seem like an acceptable cheat id love a link if they can be bought online thanks !

Okra i dont smoke cigs i stopped that when i was preggo along with weed and then pickd up smoking weed again after the baby .never went back to cigs thank God .I agree its def better to go all the way with the diet and thats what i want to do ,im just really having a hard time and at work is very hard i see people with coffe and want to steal it !Im thinking mayb if i once a wk do blue berries or brown rice something not really bad and i like the idea of trying to take that out when the cravings are less .I am sure bingeing isnt helping my cravings and making my die off worse its ridiculous i have to stop that !!!thank u !

moochpb

I don’t have a link but check out fruitful yield, its a store, you can probably order them on there. I ve cheated for three weeks, first week was gluten free cheese pizza, no bad reaction, 2nd week hot fudge sundae, no reaction, last week gluten free pasta with marinara sauce and tonight will be hot fudge sundae. I agree I shouldn’t have a ton of sugar at once but coming from eating everything and anything this is nothing for me. Like I said my Naturapath said its ok to do but I ll probably do more food then sugary sweets once a week for a cheat

hope4eva77

yeah thanks ill check that out ,i agree its alot better than what we were doing but im sure starch is better than sweets ,sugar is the worst thing we can eat right now ,i think im gonna aim for once a wk and do it with food like sweet potato,blue berries,and brown rice pasta

moochpb

I’m bloated after eating anything so y not have some icecream lol. But yeah I’m gonna just cheat with normal food not sweets like icecream. I don’t wanna delay my healing too long, but I’m expecting a year anyway. Depressing. Plus I can’t afford to lose weight anymore then I am

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘how often can one cheat ?’ is closed to new replies.