how often can one cheat ?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions how often can one cheat ?

This topic contains 51 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

ok i know obviously noone should be thinking about cheating on this diet but i was wondering if i gave myself something to look forward to i wouldnt feel so deprived and fall off .I have been stuck in a viscous cycle of starting the diet getting horrible die off feeling so weak ,light headed i cant do house work and im making mistakes all over work !i cant even do my job right or turn a patient im so weak ! then i get frustrated after 3 days and eat something awe full thats full of sugar and the start all over again !

i was thinking mayb if once a wk i allowed my self to eat sum brown rice pasta or organic chocolate mayb i could do this right !i cant make it past 3 days without falling off completely and then i binge for a day or 2 and go back to the diet and repeat.i am taking coconut oil 5 teaspoons and a teaspoon or 2 off apple cider vinegar plus molybendum ,vitamin c ,ashwaganda,iodine ,l glutamate which has not helpd my cravings as sum say it does .i am starting my probiotics soon but if i cant follow this diet i dont even know what the point of me doing all the supplements would be .

part of my problem is my hubby is not supportive enough and he dosent encourage me when i do fall off track plus the temptation of sweets being everywhere ,ive tried to tell him to hide them but that never happens !the other part is the expense of this diet is killing my pockets i simply cant afford it .and the last is the die off i get so weak and give in .

thanks all of u as u all have been of so much help 2 me !

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d cheat with the rice but not the chocolate! Eating rice once a week should not set you back. Eating it everyday sets you back!

I’d also think about cheating with some fruit, maybe eating a half a green apple here and there.

-raster

hope4eva77

i think im gonna do the brown rice once a wk and a green apple or blue berries .not being able to function at work is really getting to me im obviously withdrawn ,spaced out to the point where im not even working right making mistakes everywhere !and im so weak i cant even turn a patient over right im just a mess really .

i told my coworkers im not feeling well but they are not going to understand im not going to be feeling well for a long period of time ,i also said i have an allergy and cant eat alot of foods ,i can tell they are frustrated with me and i feel awefull about it because i am not doing my job properly i sat on the couch for like 2 hrs with a horrible headache feeling to weak to move and then when i did get up to start rounds on patients i was slow ,irritable,and full of mistakes and could barley turn over pateints to change them or put there medication patches on !

i work as a nurse aid in a hospital and lately they have me on the elderly rehab ward but they move me around sometimes i could not do er room in this state i may ask to stay where i am since it is less stressful and more routine .either way i have to get it together and i cant seem to do that !i have to be able to function at work and this is not helping me follow the diet .

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

One of my cheat foods is organic blackberries. I know that they are expensive but very good! Also, have you considered maybe getting unsweetened cocoa and mixing with coconut oil and stevia or erthryitol? I read something about that on here and it sounded good.

hope4eva77

is this to make a drink like cocoa sounds good ?

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

If you can just stick to the diet for more than three days, the cravings seriously will go away and wanting to cheat will mostly seem like a thing of the past. It’s just that you have to get over that initial hump of cravings and detox off sugar before the cravings go away. Think of it like getting off of any drug…if you want to get off of heroin, the first two weeks are going to be the worst, you are going to want to use so freakin’ bad, but if you keep giving in when you want it, you will never be able to get off of it, and never get past that detox hump. Does that make sense?

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

My Dr said for me to cheat once a week, just for a meal but with no yeast. She said it helps with my mood and cravings. Plus my sanity. Its not for everyone though but it is having me look forward to at least something you know. Like some icecream. It might delay my healing a little longer but its something I m ok with. Its hit or miss with some people

hope4eva77

thanks yeah Alex i relise its an addiction and the longest ive been without givin in is 3 days .

i think im gonna try the blueberries and brown rice once a wk and if i can get thru a month maybe one meal a month after that .i know once i feel better it will b easier .

hope4eva77

its the die off that makes me feel so weak combined with temptations everywhere in my house and i give in for a quick hit of energy to do my house work !

alexalgebra

You could try adding more liver support, like milk thistle, and also epsom salt baths (or a trip to the sauna, if there’s one near you) will help a lot. I started doing the baths almost every night and they are making a difference! Also, upping your vitamin C will help with die off too. I take 1000mg 3x day, just of whatever cheap kind I could find at the store that didn’t have too many questionable ingredients.

hope4eva77

yeah i forgot to mention i am taking milk thistle but i need to up my vitamin c from 1000 mg to 3 or 4 whats the best kind to take other than ester c ? i have ester c but if im going to be taking that much i need a cheaper brand ?

alexalgebra

I don’t know what’s the best – was looking today and they all seem to have crap in them, aside from the powder. I just take one of the cheapest ones I could find.

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

Hope,

I cheat here and there, I might add a dab of mayo to something, or eat a piece of bread, or cheese. I eat 1-2 small portions of black rice every week, etc. I read in Doug Kauffman’s book that tortillas can be eaten once in a while, so I make a fajita for dinner sometimes.

I feel like if I don’t cheat a little I will lose all my discipline and wind up pigging out completely–eating all the wrong things. But one thing I don’t cheat with are sweets like candy or cookies.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Hey Hope, the thing I read on here was this. Somebody had taken melted coconut oil and mixed it with unsweetened cocoa along with stevia or erthyritol. Then she took that melted mixture and put it an ice cube tray. She put that in the freezer so she could have a treat once and a while. It sounded good to me but I haven’t tried it.

hope4eva77

sounds good im trying that !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘how often can one cheat ?’ is closed to new replies.